CCP hates miners = confirmed

i play solo and never camped a gate in my life
stop talking shi%
ty

Your mother must be so proud.

Hereā€™s the thing. You are making this all about you.

It isnā€™t.

yeah but there is one problem mate
i died 1000 times
i got ganked 100x more times than mr snowflake there
its not about me , its about the game
some idiots donā€™t know ā– ā– ā– ā–  about it but LOOOVE to talk like they do
and about you
well

Could you please repeat that in English?

Youā€™re gonna have to pour some sauce on that juicy comment.

The best industrialists Iā€™ve ever met were PvP players primarily. And Iā€™ve personally operated invention lines back when it was reasonably profitable to do so.

The ones who complain about PvP are almost exclusively those who engage in low-end production, e.g. ā€œseeding the market with T1 ammoā€ (lmao). The ones who engage in advanced industry, without the whole thing breaking apart in their hands, have enough understanding of the game to know that more risk and destruction means more profits for them, since they donā€™t get affected by it anyway because they know how to protect their stuff. Iā€™ve met like a total of two people who were into advanced PvE, and still argued against PvP based on reasons that were solely moral in nature (one was a religious ā€œthou shalt not killā€ guy).

Sorry pal, but the reality of the matter is that good industrialists donā€™t go around the forums shedding buckets of their tears.

Dope-ass YOLO swag 360 no-scope killa 420 everyday

2 Likes

Citation needed. Or at least a link to this crying you speak of.

In any case, hereā€™s how I look at it. Builders and traders are like the farmers and market owners in wherever it is you live.

They know where meat comes from and how to grow it and sell it. Most of the people buying it have no idea how it ends up on the shelf or what people had to do to get it there.

At least weā€™re on the same page there. Itā€™s nice to see you agreeing with what I said in the post you quote mined for your little straw man attack.

The difference being that in real life, the ā€œproducersā€ you speak about are a minority, while in EVE, the minority are PvPers.

Most players are complete non-combatants. Many years ago, CCPā€™s own poll put the figure of players who have no interest in PvP at roughly 75%. Today, about 25% of the gameā€™s population lives in null-sec and wormholes, and most of those players can be said to be ā€œinterestedā€ in PvP in some way. We can set this group aside for now.

The amount of players spread across low-sec and high-sec who are mercs, pirates, gankers, et cetera (letā€™s just call them ā€œbelligerent undesirablesā€ for simplicity) number only a few hundred, maybe on the low-end of four figures total. That is a tiny minority. That means everyone else whoā€™s left is a builder or trader of some sort. But the opinion that nonconsensual PvP is somehow detrimental is nowhere near universal. Industrialists who manage their businesses well understand that itā€™s critical for a healthy market, since null-sec alone isnā€™t enough to power demand for goods produced by over three-quarters of the player base, especially since null-sec has its own industry too.

Man, you are just chomping at the bit to get at me somehow, even if what I say is agreeable with you. Iā€™m flattered that you want to chase me around to nip at my heels like a cute Corgi puppy with these little veiled jabs and fallacious sensationalism, but I do think your obsession is unhealthy. My offer of a fruit basket to bury the hatchet between us stands.

I believe that wasnā€™t a poll but a snapshot of what people in am average play session. Meaning a much larger group will do PvP periodically but not in a given play session that CCP looked at.

I wonder if I give random likes to people I can fan the flames moreā€¦

1 Like

Please donate mine to Berenstain Bear up there.

1 Like

:+1:

2 Likes

To me, it was funny because he thinks that playing Battlefield is some kind of achievement, as if no one else here has played FPS games before. Like, welcome to conventional gaming town, pal, population: you and 600 million other people.

One would imagine that having shot at another player in EVE is a much more exclusive club.

You seem to think that there isnā€™t much of an overlap between PVP people and industry people.

Iā€™m in a corp with a long history of being PVP first above all else. Founding corp of Pandemic Legion, long tradition of independent nomadic PVP in Low-Sec, Null, and wormholes, currently one of the more aggressive parts of Pandemic Horde. We wouldnā€™t be able to do the whole nomadic thing if not for the several of us who have multiple jump freighters each, and even more of us do at least some amount of industry because almost none of us want to spend much time mining and ratting.

Iā€™d expect a much larger overlap between PVP-focused people and people who do a lot of industry than between people whose primary activity is ratting and people who do a lot of industry.

4 Likes

Youā€™re not wrong, I know of at least 2 people in CODE. that are in the business of building barges and haulers; a gank ship is simply a marketing expense.

1 Like

Bollocks. And because this was the first sentence of your diatribe I havenā€™t read the rest of it.

3 Likes

Shh, donā€™t agitate the reality heā€™s created for himself, that inner universe in which the honorable carebear intelligentsia maintains the last stoic bulwark of morality, decency, and academic aptitude against the perpetually-teenaged (yet at the same time reprehensibly parentsā€™ house-dwelling and chaste) PvP-crazed griefers, who are forever doomed to swing their clubs at anything in their vicinity as if theyā€™re stuck in the EVE version of the fifth circle of hell, while grunts and frothy spittle escape their snarling maws tragically incapable of any polysyllabic common tongues of man.

1 Like

Brilliant. The ā€œI played another game so I know how to play oursā€ fallacy.

Youā€™re an idiot.

2 Likes

Dude! Everybody knows meat is made in a factory!

3 Likes

I won the golden ticket, but really wish I hadnā€™t.

4 Likes

I love the movie/book so much.

3 Likes