CCP Hilmar, CCP Falcon, and CCP Goodfella reveal their plans for an Eve Era of CHAOS in this new interview!

No need for our help it seems.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a bunch of clowns, several clowns together are a pratfall, a shudder or an alley.

Natives, and the colonials that can spell properly :stuck_out_tongue: ; reviving the English language together.

Not aimed at you btw, you were just convenient to reply to.

2 Likes

Mmmmmm, loving the salt here. Good for my :popcorn: this morning.

CCP: Weā€™re actually very happy with the Blackout, Daily and Monthly Active Users are up!
Spineless EVE Carebears: NOOOOOOO YOU MUST BE LYING! GIVE US BACK LOCAL!!! REEEEEEEE!!!

8 Likes

Blackout happened on July 12th. There is barely any difference on the before and after.

8 Likes

Was he drunk?

1 Like

Itā€™s not any different than before. Youā€™re confused because bots gave the illusion of player activity.

7 Likes

Make Eve great again! \o/

2 Likes

Thank you CCP. You are finally doing a great job now that you are ignoring the CSM.
I have 2 suggestions. Change Null Sov over to a use based sov, you use it or you lose it
And disband the CSM and put in place some real customer support.

Again thank you for re-engergising this game and actually bringing some balance to the risk vs reward system in Null.

9 Likes

I donā€™t think they do. Hilmar is such a joke. He have zero experience playing this game. Now he will listen to whoever shout louder what to do with it. EvE is social construct, nobody can change it with six months. People would not adapt as fast as they think to the changes.

8 Likes

OMG This is close to what I have been saying for years.

11 Likes

A group of clowns is called a corp, a large group of clowns is called an alliance. Get it right!

7 Likes

Ill believe it when I see it.

1 Like

He vastly overrated his genius and the capabilities of his dev teams. Remember all they did so far was toggle a flag on the chat system.

Disabling or removing things is cheap, actually creating fun mechanics and meaningful content is hard work.

15 Likes

I approve of your use of sarcasm, more so because some humourless fool is likely to take offence; even after itā€™s pointed out.

3 Likes

Who says it was sarcasm?

3 Likes

So weā€™re just going to ignore what he says at 25:18? okay, Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™re all adults here and realize that the past in the past and we will never get to actually relive it. And letting the game slip back to just the old dogs is basically sayingā€¦ well you all know what that is saying without me having to actually say it. Those who live in the pass (or try to reclaim their youth) can never move forward, thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying.

A small aside before I head to bed. The numbers of active players are definitely going down in null, so Iā€™d love to see what Hilmar was talking about because if LOGIN numbers are up itā€™s likely due to the Free SP event followed by a second free SP event (which required you to kill stuff) back to back that are skewing his numbers. I know everyone at CCP is smart enough to realize you canā€™t do events like that and expect your logins to be unaffected. So heā€™s either purposely obscuring the facts and playing dumb, or heā€™s just dumb and thinks the events have no bearing on logins which were most definitely down until the events started up and still down in many areas of null. Not salt, facts.

11 Likes

So essentially what CCP is telling all of us solo (non cap) PvEā€™ers is FU?

6 Likes

He wants to go back to the original idea for the game: more pvp oriented ā€œbash eachotherā€™s heads in with space lazersā€. Not for weaklings.

He wants quality of players over quantity, thatā€™s going to cost subs and heā€™s fine with that.

THIS is what Pearl Abyss brings: no longer owned by random investors who donā€™t care about a product but just short term profit (who thus want a mainstream game with tons of subs). Owned by a game company who understands PVP sandboxes.

Personally Iā€™m amazed by this turn around, and applaud it.

6 Likes

people are blind
people are monkeys
therefore believes parte clown from CCP

2 Likes

I cannot see just the skill give away causing the highest figures in 5 years.
I am back as are so many others due to the blackout in Null.
I think you just do not like the fact that this is not the EvE destroying event Null sec has claimed for the last 15 years and instead the re-balancing of risk vs reward is getting people to return as well as hopefully new players.

9 Likes