CCP - I want rig, which expands drone bay

You can open the jetcan, and then click and drag the drones in it from the can to the drone bay.

Or at the very least, I remember doing this a while back.

1 Like

Hmm interesting. Haven’t thought of that. Will try sometime. In that case it should be possible yes.

this was never a thing.

it works the opposite way : abandon your drones, scoop them to cargo hold, put them in the yulai.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Mobile_structures#Mobile_Depots
Here is a link, bleep you! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I won’t be carrying that around in my Ishkur, or any of my other PVP ships tbh. I only lose drones when someone actually thinks to shoot them.

2 Likes

I say, Why Not?

Its a rig slot taken that prevents adding tank or other functionality and you loose more CPU. Seems mostly balanced. Where people may have issue is this makes drone sniper fits even better but more squishy. Basically ships setup to engage with Drones at 100k or more. Fast tackle interceptor or even a T1 Frigate resolves that.

I really think a Carrier Rig that converts a portion of SMB into Fighter bay is in order too. Loosing a rig slot to that is a huge trade off in tanking. Sure you get more fighters, but without a FAX nearby, your going down quick.

1 Like

It can be easily implemented by DEVs, but I don’t like the idea. This kind of implant will not change PVE combat abilities, this implant will not change the performance in any big fleet or Blobs battles. This can be a bit imbalanced for small brawls, like AT. Finally, this implant will become a completely OP thing for solo PVP and FW. The Gallente ships are strong in solo and FW PVP by default.

I have an FW ALT. Damn! Do you know how hard and annoying is to fight versus drone boats? A lot of distraction - Scoop, Release, Scoop, Release - while under neuts and other random ■■■■. You can’t defeat those ships until you’ll destroy almost all their drones, in case you haven’t a stupid strong ship for this like to ignore drones
crazy-daredevil

So, addition drone(s) will greatly improve their survivability (a passive EHT boost) and long term dps potency. This makes a similar effect like to have on other turret ships a buff to reduce the heating damage by 150%-200%! This implant can be implemented, but with proportional drawbacks for CPU/PG/CAP/Damage% and for every drone boat differently.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.