CCP is at it again

Refer a friend new pilot starts with 150ksp
Now spend 5 smacko’s for the small boost.

Sounds like a perfect time to create a new alt.

I will tell you what I got and it is different than the current list of goodies.
I must had been super fast when I just happened to look on restart…

250K SP
Standard Cerebral Accelerator x1 (Maximium pilot age 35 days)
Rifter Blue Tiger Skin
Blood Raider for men and women

Sounds better now with that extra SP for 5 bucks

Oh and I also got Incursus Serpentis SKIN (Permanent)
Merlin Matigu Seabeast SKIN (Permanent)
Punisher Raata Sunset SKIN (Permanent)
Skins too. awesome

I just unsubbed \o/

5 Likes

this boosters are arround and one is in that package :wink:

JuuR

State of the game was show at down under where one of the players asked what will be done with SP injectors and one day titans pilots. They completely dogde the question. Again what Jester said, EvE last so long because there were no games to compete with, pure luck, not because developers are so good. Last few years were example of that.

its been up for weeks, are people only just now finding it? amazing.

Ccp has made so many mistakes, errors and ■■■■-ups over the years, that have been called out by players and partly reversed, partly lead to the issues the game has today (structure proliferation to name one) …really hard to take any argument serious that is just “but ccp is a company with experience”

To me this is another small step in the wrong direction. Injectors were accepted because “the sp are farmed ingame…it all comes from other players” . Now a few years on and a few steps further ccp takes their old Statement about valuing the player driven economy and throws it out the window. I really don’t like this…another small step that to me shows that a big part of what they do these days is inching the barrier of what is acceptable to sell directly forward ever so slightly every other week.

3 Likes

ha hahahah hahahhah …

PA Clowns.

CCP Clowns.

Its the old Steam deal with the plex removed and SPs in their place, and a gimped cerebral accelerator.

The only thing that surprises me is that people are still surprised.

1. Add microtransactions on top of the subscription fee but say “hey, it’s only cosmetic”
  2. wait a little
  3. Add non-cosmetic skill injectors but say “hey, the same thing could be done with the character bazzar, no skill points are created out of thing air”
  4. wait a little
  5. Sell skillpoints but say “hey the same thing can already be done with skill injectors and PLEX, where is the harm?”
  6. wait a little
  7. what’s next?
13 Likes

The infamous slippery slope.
TOLD YOU SO

Translated in Icelandic for devs:

This is targeted at new characters, even if it will get misused by some. CCP are monterizing something that I think should be given to new players in terms of getting decent core fitting skills and an interesting competitive ship to fly if they go Omega. CCP needs to get new players into the game, and this 90% loss of new players within a short period needs to be attacked.

I am fine with it.

6 Likes

More base skillpoints would be fine.

Selling untrained skillpoints, not so great. Even giving them to us as rewards (eg. birthday) was a bit on the nose, but openly selling new skillpoints is another step in the wrong direction. Totally on board with increasing the base skills of new characters though. It might seem like the same thing, but it doesn’t breach the promise made by CCP to never sell untrained skillpoints.

They’ve yet again gone back on a promise they made.

6 Likes

I would even be fine, in fact more than fine, I would applaud, If they had tied the bonus SP into a system like the old Opportunities system, or a blend of Opportunities and Agency type event completion tasks. “Accomplish X for 50,000 SP”, “Accomplish Y for 25,000 SP”.

Of course, this should apply to all new accounts, so wouldn’t be a package perk they could sell. They could still sell a 2X XP booster or bonus though and end up with the same effect (a sellable perk for account packs, with bonus earnable XP for all new players and double-bonuses for the perk).

That sort of thing would get people engaged, exploring, and playing for their SP… not just conjuring up 2 full Injectors of SP and slapping it on your latest alt.

4 Likes

For game, yes x100. But bad for CCP wallet.

Yeah, giving away skill points (and other items) for holiday events is fine as long as it’s presented as a gift that everyone can collect.

Requiring players to do a ‘Daily Log-In’ just to collect skill points is in my opinion ‘crossing the line’. Mainly because it’s no longer a gift, it’s an in-game character created commodity that CCP is using as a reward. That makes it unfair to casual players who can’t log-in everyday.

4 Likes

Awesome… Bought.

Slippery slope this is… but hey. If its there at 5 Dollars… why not I say.

It really is pointless fighting change. Moan about and then embrace it.

3 Likes

I had gotten another 2 today.

I see the 2 x large skill injectors my alts are going to give me tomorrow or the next.

Interesting that I don’t see anyone thinking in a global scheme of things.

Just last month every omega who logged in once a day for 16 days got 1 000 000 so for free. Just for being Omega. And now this offer. Ccp just gave omega 1 mill SP boost and balancing things with this offer. It was clearly a plan essentially everyone is just 1 Mil SP ahead now. So all equal. And yes yes they need player inflow and money and so on. But at least they try to be fair.

Why everyone are so upset about that free 1mil SP? Did it drive price down for injectors? I can’t see that on graph.

I believe they are concerned that it is yet another step towards removing core aspects of the game, whilst devalueing the time and effort put in by older players.

Probably selling direct skill injectors in 5 grades. The lvl5 skill injectors will be a higher ISK cost than simply subb time needed to train. That would be to dress it up as not a bad thing, even though the rich would benefit more.

1 Like