CCP marketing being CCP... again

Yeah, the presentation of the offers is almost like they’re being created by different marketers. Last time I ran the ‘new player’ test was almost a year ago: my first offer was poor, I think a small discount on 30 days Omega. Second offer was a version of the Omega/Plex/Destroyer discount, which was an okay deal, not great.

Your offer above looks good and is well presented with the useful information right up front. I’m guessing you probably don’t see the offer until it swaps you out of the game and into logging on to the website (with the extra authentication step) to check it?

That was what stopped me following up on them, I’m not interested in wasting time just to see another poorly crafted CCP “special deal”. But as you point out here, at least some of them are worth checking.

2 Likes

Agreed…

However the main thing I don’t like about it is their hard sell tactic, basically pressuring the player to quickly buy it due to a 24 hr time limit placed on the offer.

2 Likes

Also agreed. I’d personally choose 2-3 days to give someone a chance to think it over. On the other hand it’s only 10 Euro (11 dollars?) and a very good price so it’s not overly dodgy.

It’s just unfortunate that even on a good deal, CCP can’t shake the attitude they’ve developed since about 2012 that they need to fleece/herd/pressure/trick people into playing a certain way and paying a certain way.

I know they’ve had financial troubles in the past and are likely experiencing them now (giving all they’ve pulled in the past 3 years)… but acquiring a reputation for pressure tactics doesn’t help a game in the long run.

2 Likes

Followed this post to see what the issue was about. Went to account management, was about to get all feisty about the shitty “special offers” - but then I actually saw a decent deal for 3mo of Omega. Now I’m subbed again on a whim.

I have no idea what I’m doing and everything I have ever owned is in safety lol.

2 Likes

I have screenshots. The marketing team takes a decent deal, jacks up the price 100% and then takes away some of what you get just to mark it 50% off the next week. It doesn’t take a lot to ruin trust and your reputation. EvE sucks because of the CCP since 2016.

Is that not allowed now? Silent Company is, or was, the worst offender when it comes to that.

I make a new char, or even test account if there’s a need for it, ever so often. If
I get one I report them. And yes Sico is still at it but it’s the only big one I caught recently, the others are small fries, still reported tho.

Side note, this is the lowest effort ad ever:
No Effort

@Aisha_Katalen Been omega since 2011. What/where is this mysterious double speed training Ω omega Ω ? It’s the same speed as it always was. I would be willing to spend 1 -2 extra € per month for double speed, lol. Oh, you mean making the old normal the new exception(al) ? Gotcha :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If no one has said it. “You’re wrong.”

Well, as wrong as any opinion can be.
I did not get the same vibe you did from that ad.

–Gadget is just sayin’

Heh, same to you…

Especially since you’re also stating an opinion…

Just because you didn’t get the same ‘vibe’ as I did from that ad doesn’t mean I’m wrong…

DMC is also just sayin’

Just because you didn’t get the same ‘vibe’ as I did from that ad doesn’t mean I’m wrong…

And it doesn’t nix the possibility either.

–Gadget says more

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.