CCP needs to do more effective advertising for EVE

PR-wise, EVE does get some support. I see them mentioned over at massivelyop, for example. But effective advertising brings in more new eyes. I get on Lord of the Rings Online’s case in the same way I get on EVE’s case about advertising. Too many times, LOTRO or EVE will come up in a convo and the reaction is ‘they’re still around???’. Need more current awareness out there for EVE and word of mouth won’t cut it, although it DOES help and I do my part when I can.

Advertising isn’t Eve Online’s issue with gaining more popular support.

As said, it’s been a niche game since launch and if anything, has become even more niche over the years as gameplay has evolved within the game.

Everyone will have their own opinion as to if that is good or bad thing of course.

I know people describe the ‘niche’ as favorable in ways, but that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a need for CCP to keep fresh faces discovering EVE. EVE needs subscriptions to stay alive. Even with CCP’s new daddy, if the cash flow gets too low, EVE will go away. Effective advertising is a key to keep that subscription cash coming in.

That does no good if it is the gameplay that is keeping players away.

I’d suggest that most everyone who would be interested in this game has already heard about it.

Advertising more than they are might be as good as just throwing your money into the river.

Conversations seem to indicate otherwise. “EVE is still around???” “I figured EVE had died years ago?”

And with millions of new potential players going through their teens and twenties every year, but with awareness not keeping up, there’s a whole new generation of hundreds of millions that have entered the game market since EVE’s first few years.

I’d hazard a guess and say that will only result in a thorough testing of the install / uninstall feature of the game.

HA HA HA … Your grandkids will still be playing EVE Online if they are intelligent and have a long attention span IMO … unless Pearl destroys it with their SUPER HEAVY Pay to win mentality. As far as advertising is concerned … Does THIS not get your juices flowing ?
Every single Capsuleer can make a difference in EVE … Remind yourself by watching the Butterfly Effect EVE trailer on YouTube as to what EVE is all about … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq2oxt7Nrxo

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.