CCP Policy on Throwaway Alpha Awox Accounts

This rule is useless because you dont need to biomass your character to avoid consequences, you can just make a new account. They are free. Throwaway Amarr Alphas in Coercers are pretty much the standard in ganking.

1 Like

I do not, those savages are truly scary.
So I’ll stand corrected, though I’d never heard about this befor.

Just another abuse of a system that was meant to help.

If Goons/PL aren’t crying about it then it’s ok with CCP.

2 Likes

i was actually refering to the people who join newbro corps in nullsec with alpha accounts.

use them to find a capital, scram it while their alt jumps in system with a cyno, and cynos in caps.

the alt gets kicked out of corp…and a new one gets made that sneaks into that corp all over again.

i didn’t even mention biomass. i just mean they flat out make a new account. though i guess biomassing would have the same effect.

1 Like

Your main problem isn’t throwing away the toon, but playing an Alpha and an Omega at the same time. Even using a virtual machine and a VPN CCP still has ways to track it. And it’s entirely possible CCP might not want to commit a bunch of resources to trying to track down these things normally. But if you go around killing supers with this method your much more likely to get caught I feel like.

ah…well i hope they start.

getting a little worried at the number of awoxers (on supers and regular caps) that snuffed has been sending out as of late.

its gotten to the point where its a daily occurrence…

Are they multi boxing when they do it though?

Why multiboxing if you have friends?

It will not stop. Its just too easy and obvious to do. Big alliance with caps, recruits basically everybody, one day alphas too, it will happen.

There was a thread about this a few month ago so my answer will be the same as ti was back then. Fix your recruitment policy and the problem will vanish.

3 Likes

Pretty much this, how would you define a throwaway account, and even then, are you going to harass everyone who doens’t play on their alpha for a month after ganking someone in jita etc? its impossible to enforce properly and its not really worth the effort, CCP isn’t going to bother even attempting to open this pandora’s box lol

2 Likes

They already unleashed Pandora’s Box when they implemented Alpha accounts…

2 Likes

And is CCP always consistent in how they apply the rules?

Christ no, they’re intentionally vague around the fringes of what will bring the hammer, both to Ward us off from gaming it right up to the line and to give the GM’s some latitude.

I get that but my point was that what was quoted was specifically regarding recycling gank alts, not throwaway alphas.

1 Like

CCP is so desperate for any active account. paying or not, they will tolerate any kind of behaviour, no matter how sociopathic. as long as the PCU appears solid.

1 Like

As one can not force a player to use a specific account, this thread is kind of a serious waste of time and energy.

1 Like

Maybe it is not them, but you.

Of course no. :smirk:

You are confusing account, with character.

There is no rule against throwing away an account.

OP specifically mentioned accounts, not characters.

I know people who do this, nothing has been done to them so far.