Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

If they make PLEX cheap, you can easily earn ISK in-game to cover your subscription.
That would negatively impact CCP’s earnings.

Yet, the source of PLEX is only CCPs website, so if PLEX price is increasing that means that fewer people buying plex for $$$ and selling it on the market.

The more expensive PLEX is the more lucrative it is to buy it for $$$ and sell ingame.

So it should balance by the market itself. CCP does not need to do anything about it, other than set up the right $$$ price for PLEX at their website.

2 Likes

Dear Rowdy Roddy Piper,

I hereby let you know that the bottom half of my face is hidden by a thick, uncombed beard showing the last remains of my redheaded ancestry and that your precious soul will make a fine addition to my evergrowing amount of damned, undead mortals forever trapped inside my skin freckls.

I am not a woman! :angry:

2 Likes

There are resellers out there, where you can get them cheaper than from CCP. Just checked the one I’ve always used… still shows old plex, though. they sell them in form of codes, so i guess they get changed into microplex after entering it. hm.

HI, perhaps this is from a other order ;
i am a miner in HS where i live
now i red this:

""I farm for isk for plex ad have done so since 2010 and the truth is ingame plex price has never been an issue (a carrier can STILL make 500 mil per hour rolling level 5 missions) and yea, people where complaining loudly at every step (OMG plex used to be 250 mil now its’ 500 mil CCP “” (nothing personal to the aughtor)

as a miner in HS i always buy plex and game time from ccp
and make about 25 mil a hour

can you imagine,… i feel completely abbandened by ccp

i never new they could make 500 mil a hour

i feel screwed by ccp
and abandened by ccp

suddenly i wondering why ccp does not answer this topic for the miners in hs
dont they feel guilty at all ?
are they taking pills ,and see everything true a pink glas and everyone is wonderfull people
well at the moment i dont feel wonderfull

this game has become completly out of balance for my HS mining caracter

i dont think i am going to buy plex or game time ,knowing this is what i get from them…

and to all the “lovely” people: i dont need advise ; i know where i want to be…

and ccp you are forgetting people , and you do not listen between the lines…

ones again …i feel screwed by ccp if i read this …

1 Like

I could plex all three of my accounts just mining in high sec in 2 weeks with ISK left over. PLEX is still plenty cheap if I can do that, but I prefer to use the ISK for other things like pew pew ships.

1 Like

well thats nice to hear…
but are you a regular player than, or a millionair who has plenty of time
not everybody is as far as you are perhaps, i dont know…

thats the big question

i am more talking about a player who spents 15 hours a week ,who has a living besides EVE to
your opportunity is not for all the same

what i actualy mean is the balance from profits, you can make, between the different play styles in arias you play or live in

and i feel and experiance HS as a under performing and forgotten place from ccp
and everybody can say well go to this or that place or do that stuff ,but the bottom line is
we in Hs are treated with disrespect…
o7

1 Like

I work 40+ hours a week, and could do it with the time I have to play EVE in the evenings. 1.7 billion isk isn’t much at all in terms of ISK. Can’t earn enough ISK to Plex your account maybe you need to evaluate your play style, and how you spend your ISK.

3 Likes

I mine in HS and make a bout 10 mil per 4 hours per character. I pay for 3 accounts. If I didn’t want to pay I’d just join a large nullsec corp and mine there. I make a choice. I like to mine and I’m not very concerned with how much I make; I enjoy PI I enjoy research agents that are very blunt, I also like the Level 3 Agent missions as they make my game-play diverse. No, none of that pays for my sub and if I combine all, I might be able to support a 4th account ‘for free’. But I choose not to do that. I do have a fourth alpha account, mostly to play as an Alpha and learn how to in case I don’t have any RL money to pay for. I am a survivor, I work hard for what I get. I salute CCP and they are doing a fine job. I don’t ask for handouts, I’d feel very ashamed if I’d have to ask it for free. I’d be insulted if people tell me they no longer pay for my IT services as they feel entitled to have IT support for free. But that’s just me. I’m probably old and bitter and the new generation want everything for free and exuberant wages… gl with that.

3 Likes

You are not treated with disrespect, you are treated to reality. It is 100% intended by CCP for HS income to be lower than elsewhere in space. Hell even while it is intended to be that way, there are way to get null sec level of income in HS if you are willing to put the effort into it.

5 Likes

Highlighted your problem.

You should be doing this instead in high sec. From the guide I linked:

With the introduction of Burner missions to Lv4 mission agents it has become somewhat trivial to consistently make well in excess of 200million isk per hour with just a little bit of training and preparation. This can be done on a single, well trained character in the relative safety of Hi-Sec, indefinitely.

You are choosing to do low isk activities then complaiing that the LUXUARY you want is out of reach so CCP needs to do something. No they don’t, you need to figure out how to make isk OR how to pay your sub with cash, period.

1 Like

Said it better than I did. It’s amazing to me how entitled to good stuff people feel. The poster you are I are replying to honestly thinks that PLEX (ie game time from playing the game that lets you not spend your personal cash) should be affordable to a casual (ie time poor) player who mines with 1 account in high sec (a low income activity if ever there was one).

plex for gametime are for TIME RICH/high income players to trade to players who are TIME POOR/RL Cash rich players (or players who are time rich but don’t like EVE PVE). Thonys Visser has litterally nothing to trade to people who buy plex with cash, he doesn’t make much isk, but he still wants the plex…

It’s like me telling my employer “Well, I don’t want to have to show up for work more than once per month, and even when I am here I won’t do much, but I expect my full pay and benefits to be paid to me, and on time to thank you very much” LOL.

2 Likes

welcome to the forums where you can learn about other things people do. Now you know, and what you choose to do about it is up to you. Don’t blame CCP for that. Highsec mining has been garbage tier income for all 10 years I’ve been playing.

1 Like

Get into null sec corp, one of the bigger like Horde or TEST, get your own rattlesnake and rat like everybody else then. Null is profitable and risk is managable to a point that your earnings always exceed hugely the loses, if you keep few things in your mind all the time.
Even I when started doing low sec stuff was surprised how profitable it can be. Of course you will have to look at local and d-scan, but in few hours you would be so rich you will never come back.

You feel screwed and abandoned by CCP because you are bad at Eve?

I have a very simple solution: If whatever you are doing doesn’t make you enough space cash, then stop doing that and do something else instead that makes you more space cash. You don’t need CCP for that. It’s not exactly rocket science.

Sure, activities that yield more ISK may require more effort than sitting in a belt and pushing a button every once in a while or may require a bigger investment or come at a higher risk, but that’s to be expected, isn’t it? 15 Hours of playtime per week is a lot, but they won’t yield much in terms of ISK if you choose to do one of the lowest risk, lowest effort and lowest profit PvE activities there are. That’s entirely on you.

2 Likes

Or better yet, join one if the larger renter corps, that isn’t constantly roamed, and doesn’t expect you to go on pvp ops. You’ll make far more money, as long as you don’t mind much worse pvp opportunities

Being in a renter typically sucks. Been in a few.

Thx Nana for your kind words and advise:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Some options for you instead of crying and quiting etc etc:

1. Alpha does not require PLEX. You can’t access all the content but you can train into a few ships and play for free.

2. If you need omega you can sell the SP accumulated over the month. This will lower the ISK you have to grind to ~200mil per month, less if you optimize. You don’t get SP anymore but you get full access to the game.

3. You can grind the 1.5bil or whatever and get access to all content AND still train more skills.

So stop the crying about how you can’t play anymore because you are RL poor. There are options for you and they are not that bad.

I myself use option 2 since I don’t need the SP anymore on most chars anyway. And if I need SP again for a special purpose alt or another ship whatever, I invest the ISK.

SP now has a price tag, which some may have noted is actually the original problem here.

Uh. The zephry absolutely has a use.

Your post summarizes pretty nicely why our work in the New Order of Highsec is so important and can be described with one simple word: Mercy