Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

There is no single plan as to how NS is going to look. Instead it is the result of a bunch of different players and groups interacting. This is why, IMO, CCP Greyscale always failed in trying to implement his vision of NS. He though he could achieve a desired outcome by tweaking/changing the mechanics. Sure, the mechanics play a role, but the players are also a factor and are going to react and change their behavior in response. Suppose there is a mechanic and as a result of that mechanic you take action X. Then CCP changes the mechanic and as a result you now take action Z. Many people assume that the change in the mechanic will have an effect based on you continuing to do X, and thus their goal is not achieved because you, in a sense, thwart them by doing Z.

Now you might say, “Well fine, then all we need to do it make changes to the mechanic based on Z.” But that doesn’t work either, because the change in the mechanics given you are going to end up doing Z and given that the developer has a specific fixed goal…they won’t match. And even if we could somehow find an instance where this does indeed work, there is yet another player who in reaction does not choose Z, but selects D. Because he is a different player with different goals and preferences and so forth, for a given change in the mechanics you won’t respond the same. Now there are say 50,000 players logging in over the course of the day. Trying to figure out what each player is going to do in response to a change in the mechanic becomes extremely difficult because the information is too dispersed and may not even be articulable–i.e. some maybe most players cannot tell you exactly how they’ll respond to a given change in the mechanics.

The point is all these player interactions give us what we have in the game for a given set of mechanics. What we observe emerges from that process of interaction and the result is defined in that process of emergence–i.e. you cannot pick a result and work backwards, IMO. Or if you do manage to obtain that result chances are you have so limited the choices that players make you’d no longer have a sandbox. Player choice would be meaningless, and in that case I bet most players would leave. All you’d have left are people who treat the game as a console game and my guess is they’d soon leave too because they’d soon run out of Stuff™. They’d run out of ships, ammo, etc. Because economies also exhibit this kind of emergent behavior as well.

So when everyone says, “CCP should ensure a given [insert outcome],” that is not possible with the game in it’s current form. CCP can look at things that are out of balance them in terms of are they becoming the dominant ship/flavor of the month. But to try and implement a grand vision with a specific goal in mind probably won’t work too well, especially if the players are working against the developers goals.

2 Likes

Oh looky…PLEX are below 3.1 million. Maybe we need an intervention given a 12% drop in PLEX prices. Help up us Obi Wan CCP, help us. :roll_eyes:

You do know there was a sale, right?

1 Like

You guys 'member when yellow parasol had to have the PLEX system explained to him because he very clearly didn’t get it?

I 'member…

1 Like

Awww, someone’s craving my attention! :smiley:

Just for you i write this one, then i’m off again. Was lurking, to stay up to date. Got no time for posting much.

Anyhow, yeah i guess that one i had backwards, but that’s great! Learned something. :slight_smile:

Have a nice friday timezone, piggy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you often find yourself behind the learning curve?

This is why New Eden needs educational organizations like the New Order.

Yes, there isn’t one right now. The price has been pretty stable the last few days. These things tend not to have lasting effects.

Probably less often than you finding yourself prodded by CONCORD officer. :smirk:

1 Like

LOL! Star Citizen…

PLEX was never intended for new players. Neither was spending the entirety of time playing EVE in high sec. Now if you want to get off on the right foot as totally suggest joining Karmafleet. They go out of thier way to help comepletly new players. Much more than a highsec corp or alliance ever will. Since those corps claim to be newbie friendly, but in reality exist soley to exploit ISK out of high sec carebears. Highsec is a cancer to this game, and needs to be purged. More new players quit out of pure boredom than because their Mining/Missioning ship got ganked.

LOL EVE? :smirk:

My completely unresearched observation is it tends to jump in roughly 250mil increments for a full PLEX.

Next jump and stabilisation will be at 1.75bil for a full PLEX.

That was my intention.
Call CCP out and get them to stop artificially manipulating the market.

Low and behold prices droped once CCP started making sales and all these threads were gaining huge amounts of attention.

Not so much dropped, as stabilized after PLEX traders scalped the market and the rest of the volume reacted.

As I observed before, its a safe bet that 500PLEX will undergo an increase of roughly 250mil per jump, incrementally, when it happens.

Its a chicken/egg question whether player action spurs the PLEX sales from CCP, or anticipates them.

Its anyones guess when PLEX will finally top out and drop below the previous jump. We dont know how much PLEX is out there.

Ironically, I will be more worried about the health of EVE once that happens, than I am whilst it is still increasing. If PLEX ever drops 250-500mil in a quarter, its a really bad sign of EVEs health.

Eve is not free for killing 2,000 rats a month, ■■■■ off

And the downward trend continues. Sell orders in Perimeter are just above 3,000,000 and buy orders just below.

Time to buy for the next bubble!!!

3 Likes

With the upcoming moon changes people will again need more chars/alts to run reactions. More PLEX needed, higher demand, higher cost. CCP is speculating that people will either buy more PLEX from them or buy more subscriptions. Nothing that will make the PLEX price drop.

Free to play normally means: you are accepted to be present in this game so that you can realize how utterly worthless a player you are unless you empty your pockets. And EVE is not different.

You know it is just real life market dynamics. They are not naturally healthy, they are actually inherently self-destructive. All CCP does is follow the ruling principles of having to make profit to be able to exist. You are paying or grinding for a game that - at some point - will cease to exist, just like your favorite TV Series will, if it doesn’t promise ever-growing profits.

It’s called capitalism, baby. You will find 9 out of 10 US-Americans and 5 out of 10 Europeans defending it, while 99% of them are prostitutes in suits, uniforms or skirt - doesnt matter.

Pretty safe bet, dont you think?

I was a newbro once and my first 1B isk is from selling PLEXes.

#nopoorspls