Ccp response needed. whats being done to lower plex prices

The who? Never heard of 'em.

Looks like PLEX are stabilizing around 3 million ISK. Oh well, maybe CCP will come up with something new to use PLEX for and we can get to that 4 million, but as of right now, not looking good for that prediction.

just wait until they re-allow using plex for character transfers… :grin:

Dinsdale Pirannha, now there is a name I havent seen in a while.
From one old Arkab member to another o7 sir.

No on topic.

The issue of Plex pricing. What Dinsdale said is dead on accurate. You dont even have to leave high sec really to make billions. The hardest part is getting over that several hundred million mark, to afford a battleship that you can run L4 missions in. I have seen the results, some people are bringing in around 400-500mil an hour doing those missions.

I am lucky in exploration to bring in 100mil an hour in WH space or Null sec, just doing data and relic sites.

80’s English rock-ish group.

–Helpful Gadget

2 Likes

They were never rock really, post-punk electro more like. Formed from the demise of Joy Division after Ian Curtis topped himself. Joy Division were originally punk oriented so I suppose you could stretch some of the early New Order stuff to being a bit rock-ish, but I wouldn’t describe it as such myself.

I believe Blue Monday is still the best selling 12" ever, and they made a loss on every copy sold due to the manufacturing costs of the sleeve (designed with a laser cut section to make it look like a floppy disk IIRC).

1 Like

Where do you find a LP anywhere around New Eden?

In the LP stores. Where else?

2 Likes

I have YET to find a station with an LP store on them… must be near Jita.

They already do, just need to petition it.

Oh looky now PLEX are settling just a bit above 3 million or 1.5 billion for 500. The horror…the horror…

It will be 4mil by next year this time.

Lets make a gentleman’s bet.

that’s not the same, because many who know about this, won’t bother sending a ticket or many simply don’t know.

to “re-allow” it means publicly declaring that it’s possible again.

higher. way higher.

Well, make your bet.

thanks, but i’m not going to put money in a bet that lasts a year, despite it being a clear winner. i don’t care about winning. it just seems obvious to me that the price will go higher than that, because CCP will actively push for it to happen.

a RemindMe bot would be nice.

Its a gentleman’s bet. No cost.

well, my bet is “higher than 2.5 billion isk per 500 PLEX within a year” and “4 billion, or higher, in 2 years”, though actually i believe it’s going to happen much faster.

reasons. yes, i have them.

• when they believe plex should go up again, they’ll re-enable plex for character sales for the masses. likely to happen within a year.
  • higher plex prices equal higher “vanity value” for all NES items.
  • a desired shift towards people perceiving the game as worth paying for
  • the inability to lower overall income due to outrages, which translates into an additional desire for a higher plex price to get more people to pay with cash
  • the fact that higher plex prices lead to more people buying them, while not anymore risking that the demand will be so high that it lowers the plex price significantly, due to them being able to actively influence it using the NES and event lootdrops.

PLEX prices have been trending upwards steadily since the day of their introduction. Don’t know why anyone would expect otherwise or demand yet again CCP stops it. At many points rage has flowed over PLEX prices…hasn’t changed anything and seems highly unlikely to.

Why would ccp want to get people paying with cash when they make more money from plex subs?

If anything ccp would want to keep plex prices down. For 2 main reasons.

1. More people plexing accounts = more money made per month vs subscriptions.
  2. If someone wants to sell plex for isk they need to purchase more of them to reach the desired isk amount.

Yes, higher prices can make people more willing to buy plex to sell, but that can only do so much to counter act the other 2 factors.

Plex prices are rising because it is a player controlled market, yes some of CCP’s recent changes have increased the demand causing it to go up. But there are not many options available to drive it back down without directly manipulating the market (afaik they have only done this once before. By dumping a large number of confiscated plex from banned accounts back onto the market. The plex market was also much smaller then. So it’s unknown if doing the same thing again would have any appreciable impact)