CCP, Thank You For The Federation Grand Prix Event

As the thread title states, I just wanted to express my sincere appreciation and thanks to @CCP_Dragon and the rest of the team for providing us players with another event to enjoy.

Due to binge watching Sci-Fi flicks, I missed the actual start of the event and didn’t know there was one happening until I saw the feedback thread about it here in the forums. After reading the thread and receiving answers to my questions, I decided to enter the race.

Now despite the monotony of always having to go back to the starting system or the fact that it was a click fest, I actually enjoyed the event and more importantly, it got me to use some of the assets I’ve had sitting in station for years.

I decided not to do the recommended option of using a Shuttle with clean clone and self-destruct back to the starting line. Instead I checked my assets and noticed I was missing one BPC of having a full set of Mid-Grade Ascendancy Implant BPC’s. So after checking contracts I got the missing BPC, got the materials and manufactured all six Ascendancy Implants which I then installed into a clean jump-clone, one I had created years ago and never used. I also bought and installed an Eifyr & Co. ‘Rogue’ Evasive Maneuvering EM-705 Hardwiring Implant since this was going to be a Racing Clone.

In assets I also had all the materials and BPC needed to build a Victorieux Luxury Yacht which was fit for stealthy warp / agility speed.

Since I was going through my assets I decided to add some other items for a little RP action. I gotta say all of my Passengers thoroughly enjoyed the race due to having plenty of Food, Beverages and Entertainment available on-board my Yacht.

Yeah, basically that was just for shits & giggles and if a gank camper was lucky enough to catch me, at least they’d get a good Killmail from it, right?

Anyway, the ship with the Implanted clone worked great. I completed every single race destination the Agency gave me and always took the shortest route there. In fact the security space of the route or destination didn’t matter to me, I actually wanted the more risky destination runs just to make the event more exciting.

I must say it seemed like the Agency was purposely prolonging the race during the last half of the points spread from 50 to 100, it mostly gave me high sec runs worth 1 to 3 points. I never once got a 6 point race nor did any race destination take me through or to a null sec system.

Federation Grand Prix Destination Stats

Summary

6-16-2018
Federation Grand Prix Starting line - high sec location - Luminaire

1st race - 11 jumps high sec destination - Lanngisi - 3 points
2nd race - 11 jumps high sec destination - Pator - 2 points
Reward @ 5 points
3rd race - 19 jumps high sec destination - Geztic - 4 points
4th race - 12 jumps high sec destination - Amarr - 3 points
5th race - 16 jumps thru low sec (21 high sec destination) - Shastal - 4 points
Reward @ 15 points

6-17-2018
6th race - 12 jumps high sec destination - Amarr - 3 points
7th race - 16 jumps thru low sec (21 high sec destination) - Shastal - 4 points
8th race - 21 jumps low sec destination - Dead End - 5 points
9th race - 19 jumps low sec destination - Saminer - 4 points
Reward @ 30 points
10th race - 9 jumps thru low sec (11 high sec destination) - Iyen-Oursta - 2 points
11th race - 9 jumps thru low sec (11 high sec destination) - Iyen-Oursta - 2 points
12th race - 12 jumps high sec destination - Amarr - 3 points
13th race - 11 jumps high sec destination - Pator - 2 points
14th race - 9 jumps high sec destination - Pashanai - 2 points
15th race - 16 jumps thru low sec (21 high sec destination) - Shastal - 4 points
16th race - 5 jumps high sec destination - Charmerout - 1 point
17th race - 11 jumps high sec destination - Lanngisi - 3 points
Reward @ 50 points
18th race - 19 jumps high sec destination - Geztic - 4 points
19th race - 17 jumps low sec destination (21 high sec) - Ienakkamon - 5 points

6-18-2018
20th race - 16 jumps thru low sec (21 high sec destination) - Shastal - 4 points
21st race - 9 jumps thru low sec (11 high sec destination) - Iyen-Oursta - 2 points
22nd race - 11 jumps high sec destination - Pator - 2 points
23rd race - 16 jumps thru low sec (21 high sec destination) - Shastal - 4 points
24th race - 17 jumps low sec destination (21 high sec) - Ienakkamon - 5 points
Reward @ 75 points
25th race - 11 jumps high sec destination - Pator - 2 points
26th race - 5 jumps high sec destination - Charmerout - 1 point
27th race - 5 jumps high sec destination - Charmerout - 1 point
28th race - 9 jumps high sec destination - Pashanai - 2 points
29th race - 9 jumps thru low sec (11 high sec destination) - Iyen-Oursta - 2 points
30th race - 11 jumps high sec destination - Lanngisi - 3 points
31st race - 5 jumps high sec destination - Charmerout - 1 point
32nd race - 13 jumps high sec destination - Yrmori - 3 points
33rd race - 9 jumps thru low sec (11 high sec destination) - Iyen-Oursta - 2 points
34th race - 9 jumps thru low sec (11 high sec destination) - Iyen-Oursta - 2 points
35th race - 21 jumps low sec destination - Dead End - 5 points
Reward @ 100 points

Federation Grand Prix completed with 101 points

Other than that, I definitely enjoyed this event and appreciate the fact that it actually got me to use some assets that I’ve had sitting in station for years. @CCP_Falcon or @ISD, please extend my sincere appreciation and thanks to all team members involved with this event.

16 Likes

Interesting how you can list so many negative aspects (purposefully prolonging the event, clickfest, monotony, repeatedly going back and forth), only one positive aspect (fitting and using a lost fancy toy) and still enjoy an event. :thinking:

So that’s all you got from it? Guess it’s all in how you view things and in your case you only view negativity.

Obviously you forgot to notice I said ‘it seemed like the Agency was purposely prolonging the race’.

The event was indeed a click fest and having to constantly go back to the same starting system was definitely monotonous, to say otherwise would be a lie. Despite those inconveniences I still enjoyed the event because it not only had me do something different in-game, it also got me to use assets that I wouldn’t have used otherwise.

So please take your rain to some other parade.

2 Likes

Yes. Especially when great idea was botched deliberately and so terribly. I do not see why this should receive any significant positive feedback when the developers just keep botching one good idea after the other.

Having said that, you can obviously enjoy the event. I am merely surprised how low the standards for enjoyment are in view of the horrendous implementation of the event and the used UI (I have several other negative aspects listed in the official feedback thread).

That’s your opinion and not everybody agrees with it. If you want to harp and dwell on negative aspects of the event then go do it in the Event feedback thread. This thread is not the place for that.

This thread is posted to thank CCP and to show appreciation to them for providing us players with events to engage in. Creating events is something they don’t have to do and I for one am glad they take the time to provide us with extra game content.

:thinking: It is their job to provide things to do in EVE. This it is not something extra. Rather, it is an extension of the mission system. And it would be nice if we could praise them when they do their job well.

No, events are not an extension of the mission system, or Incursions, or Exploration sites, or Abyssal, or FoB’s, or any other regular content that players engage with in the game. CCP doesn’t have to provide any in-game events whatsoever, it’s extra content which only runs for a limited time.

Please post your negative viewpoints somewhere else, you’re derailing this thread.

While there were flaws, I think there are some straightforward improvements that can be made. So I hope it comes back better next year!

1 Like

Hey, this is the ship that did the Federation Grand Prix in 101 parsecs!

Also, it’s my forum-birthday and I post what I want to, post what I want to, you would do too if it happened to you ! ,)

1 Like

Nice Race Yacht!

I found just too predictable and banal to use a trivial Shuttle or Interceptor. I worked over a vessel to dodge Low- and Null-Sec traps, especially Smart Bombing camps, a vessel to survive two cycles of 5-8 Large Smart Bombs (5-6k Alpha). Not the best fit, but here’s my fit which I used for that race, which warps as fast as a default Interceptor:

CovOps-Interceptor

2 Likes

Thanks, you got a nice set up too. Definitely proves there’s a variety of ways to accomplish the same goal.

Being able to warp cloaked with quick alignment and a small ship signature is definitely the way to go. Guess with no Warp interdiction / Disruption immunity means you have to do a bit more manual piloting for Null Sec. Other than that, ship stats look real good.

Also a big shout out to @Arthur_Aihaken .

Due to my questions in the feedback thread and without being asked, Arthur sent me a free contract containing race location Bookmarks before I had even started the race. I placed those Bookmarks in their own folder which allowed me to quickly and easily set destination for each race the Agency presented.

Arthur, thank you very much for taking the initiative to do that, definitely helped me a lot.

:+1:

At least I finally understand when I loot someone and they have all those things on them, what exactly they were thinking.

1 Like

I’m in the event for ths ISK, but how does one claim the prizes?

1 Like

@Adele_d_Etoiles there’s 2 different ways to redeem items.

On the character selection page of the Launcher there will be a ‘Redeem Items’ tab at the bottom of the page.

When in-game click the ‘E’ icon on top of the NeoCom Bar (left side of screen) and select ‘Inventory’ - then select ‘Redeem Items’.

I would have liked it better if the event didn’t give points, but instead gave a time and then used the remaining time for the accumulation of points. In other words, for every second left on the clock does one get a point.

This would allow one to race against the clock and inspire making faster builds just for a race, but also give gankers, campers and bubbles more meaning as their “contribution” would produce a more visible influence. Also the choice of a route, i.e. to choose the safer or the shorter route, would have a visible influence on the result.

3 Likes

Or Press ALT - Y in game to redeem :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahhh, right.

Should have just mentioned @Adele_d_Etoiles with that keyboard shortcut.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.