CCP, Why are we Still Waiting for this? You Announced it at Fanfest 4 years ago!

I fondly remember this period as “peak Eve”, where player numbers topped 50k+, CCP openly boasted in the media about increasing subs year after year, WiS was on the horizon with in-station bars and shops, there was footage of ships flying WITHIN a planet’s atmosphere, and there were plans for players to conquer other people’s planetary colonies via Dust.

4 Likes

I miss the eve future vision of 4 years ago. The game has certainly improved since then… but at that time, I believed it would not only improve but evolve.

Sometimes I feel like we’re in some shitty alternate universe, and there’s a better universe out there where Eve, dust, valkyrie, and walking in stations were all seemlessly interwoven and everyone is reading “The Berenstein Bears”

5 Likes

You’re right Eternal Montage, we were soooo enthralled when we watched all those “Future of Eve” videos, really exciting stuff, and now it’s just ; “Oh No ANOTHER SPace Mission; this time called Abyssal, nothing of interest for me, I’ve got MUCH better ways to make ISK”

I’ll give CCP credit, they’ve given us a nicely balanced, relatively bug-free game, and the Star Citizen fiasco makes me value EVE even more, but where’s the REAL INNOVATION???

4 Likes

All those wonderful ideas went with Torfi Frans Olafsson who recently left CCP.

You do. They’re just so far beneath you as a capsuleer that you don’t even notice them. It’s like humans and bacteria.

1 Like

To be honest I really want to support CCP more financially, but they need to give us more incentive to throw money at them, DUST 514 Becoming Dust in May14 was a shame.

1 Like

[quote=“Peter_Raptor, post:26, topic:82627”]
To be honest I really want to support CCP more financially, but they need to give us more incentive to throw money at them
[/quote] :+1:

me2, money is not issue, content is

Ahm… Project Nova Beta testing this year. (DUST PC)

1 Like

I watched Cyberpunk 2077 demo impressions by Angry Joe and other game shows and I think that is where innovation is.

1 Like

Imagine where we could have been 4 years on, if they just kept developing DUST fro PC from beginning :expressionless:

2 Likes

You need to not take ‘shown at fanfest’ as being ‘promised’.
Shown at Fanfest just means it’s an idea they are taking seriously.

Dust on the PC may have never even got the adoption it did on the PS3, because of the market being so saturated. So we can play ‘what if’s’ till the heat death of the universe. It won’t change what did or didn’t happen.

We can only hope we won’t be getting endless Abyssal-like Expansions, and have something Actually Exciting to look forward to.

Personally I think the Abyss is actually a really good expansion in principle.
A few of the details may have had issues, but all that is needed is a willingness by CCP to iterate on those details properly.

I’ll point at Resource Wars as a perfect example of that. A lot of people enjoyed the content and had fun running them with other people, but the lack of rewards (in fact negative rewards in most cases) turned people off because they are already paying for the game in most cases, they want to get at least in game rewards for that.

The Abyss update appears for the most part similar, I’m sure we can all name personal points that we disagree with it over, but the idea of ‘Go explore some partly RNG generated sites with unpredictable enemies’ is a good one.

1 Like

I’ve played EVE on and off since 2010, I agree EVE has plenty to do in terms of spaceship flying, and I’ve done most things it has to offer, but I’d like the feeling of Real Excitement back that I got at the 2014 Fanfest, EVA, FPS, then get into you Spaceship and Explore etc etc
Now I’m an Alpha, I still make plenty for Plex, and I actually collect Plex and don’t cash into Omega, because I’m waiting, Still waiting for the Spark that’ll make me cash in all those Plex, and, shock horror, Actually even open my wallet haha

They also shut down development for Valkyrie. The game was a massive failure and had/still has very few players. We’re talking <200 per day.

1 Like

Yeah makes me wonder what that perfect formula is to “Make Eve Great Again” .

CCP, would be nice if you gave us some news on Project Nova, J.S.

Its the greatest game in their current repertoir.

Well as others have mentioned, dust is dead, valkyrie is dead, so seeing as the only game on the list that is still alive is EVE, you already have what they promised :stuck_out_tongue:

Why can’t DUST be Resuscitated for PC? Was such a great idea, you’d have to do some planetside combat to protect your PI Installations. Would’ve been great

1 Like