CCP wnts me to go to LowSec but I say No No No

High-sec full of neutrals, everywhere you fly neutral here neutral there, no wonder you guys in null are scared of high-sec. One neutral in your null system makes everyone dock up, we are harder in high-sec 1 neutral in our local means nothing to us. It’s ok guys the rock you want to hide under is over that way :point_right:t3::eyes:

1 Like

I said in theory.

How you like this one?

Top 10 carebear systems (NPC Kills)
High Sec Arnon 4,048,267
Low Sec Lisbaetanne 199,688
Null Sec S-6HHN 6,305,883

Ah bless null bears in action.

1 Like

You forget that a good prober will only have probes on dscan for 4s which gives a chance for you to not notice them, will warp in a reckon tanked to hold you with web+scram

1 Like

A good prober cloaks afterwards :slight_smile:

a good prober d-scan you, then warp out of dscan range, to use probes.

1 Like

Not even in theory is a sample of one in any way or form representative, and hand picked ones even less so.

1 Like

On top of what Solstice has already written, Dotlan uses the api endpoint that just reports total killmails generated in a system.

So for Jita for example, during the recent Burn Jita, some gank fleets were 170 ships and lots >100 ships. 1 freighter kill by players, generated a further >100 lossmails due to CONCORD. So the Dothan stats include all losses to NPCs as well as players.

You can easily confirm that independently by looking at the Dotlan stats for starter systems. For Couster for example:

As I’m looking at it right now, there are 251 kills in the last day, but only 3 for the same period on zkillboard. While few new players would register on zkill, lots of new players die to rats (I think it’s even a compulsory part of the NPE).

You get the same around busy mission systems like Arnon. Dotlan stats show 94 losses in the last 24 hours as I’m looking at it

Zkill shows no player involved kills in that same time, and only a few of the mission related losses:

And Jita also.

So the api endpoint for losses needs to be interpreted carefully, because it includes lots of PvE losses (and other NPC losses). That’s less of an influence in lowsec and nullsec, where player related kills become the bigger influence on the api stats. That makes comparisons based off Dotlan, more complicated.

Nullbear ratting stats are sad though. Should be more cloaky camping :blush:

2 Likes

Damn! lot of post for saying NO! lol

I believe this theory is probably more likely than my conspiracy theory.

Aye. I would probably be a lot more motivated to run the risk if the guaranteed reward ratio was a lot better. If I knew that at a minimum that say the loot drop was at least 1/2 the cost of my hull plus mods in LoSec things would be a lot more different.

As it is right now I have a 5/10 into Tama and CheckBeforeYouJump says that in Tama there are:

7 kills at the Nourvukaiken gate.
2 kills at the Sujarento gate.

And in Kedama there are:

2 kills at the Tama gate.

Checking Zkill l see a bunch of frigates & destroyers. I would be foolish to think they could not take me down. Might take awhile but webbed and pointed and enough time it would happen.

Another big post to say NO!

Your KB says no also! https://zkillboard.com/character/2112322291/ Not much lo sec there lol!

It wasn’t a no. It was more of an explanation of what that api endpoint is reporting, and why it’s interpretation isn’t so straight forward.

So you have no experience there and as such you are assuming!

Assuming what?

What is your experience in low sec?

Knock yourself out to confirm:

The last almost 5 years, I’ve split my time between low and null, mainly lowsec up until last year.

However, how is that even relevant?

1 Like

Confirm what that you are assuming you know how low sec works without being there!

Sorry what? I am there. How is any of that relevant to the ESI api endpoint and whether claiming that:

So in theory, HiSec is more dangerours than LowSec and Nul

Is correct. I’m not even saying it isn’t correct, just pointing out that using the Dotlan stats isn’t straight forward, because those stats are from the api endpoint, that includes all losses, NPCs included.

Why is my experience in lowsec relevant to understanding that?

1 Like

I would just ignore him. What I am interested in is a link to the API documentation that outlines your point(s). Do you have one you can post here?

1 Like