CCP You failed again

Not being obtuse. As players, I have always for 8-9 years expressed a consistent view that we own responsibility for our choices and actions. Trying to externalise that as being forced into something is just a way of shifting blame from ourselves to someone else (and often, CCP).

CCP screw things up all the time, but any choice we make is on us.

CCP didn’t force over a thousand titans to be staged for a fight. CCP didn’t force deliberate attempts to crash the node. CCP didn’t force PAPI to make tactical choices about when to jump into system and where to jump to.

Those are all on us as players and where CCP screwed up was not having the foresight to see how oppressive supers and titans would become over time. But the choice of how to approach the fight is down to us on both sides, not CCP.

They haven’t even had time to respond to this situation and yet here the OP is with a rage quit thread.

They did by introducing mechanics that give the players only the illusion of choice to act differently. If you don’t understand this, you are in perfect company with CCP and a perfect customer for them because you take the blame for their failures.

:joy: How would they even respond? “Sorry, we screwed up and we will do it again next time you have to use our mechanics. Because we refuse to learn but expect you to learn our new screw ups every day anew. Because screw you!”

CCP knew that since they introduced titans for the first time. Or why did they remove AOE doomsdays after these obliterated whole fleets in one go? And despite that knowledge they brought AOE DDs back. They also made it much, much easier to build these massive ships despite knowing of the Wrecking Ball doctrine NCPL used (and they thought they had fixed that approach by changing fighters and removing drones :joy:).

You see, this is the problem with you and people like you. You never understand a thing and you always try to blame someone else than the actual person to blame. CCP has all the data and experience in the world to foresee how players will act. And yet, they keep introducing mechanics that force players to keep acting in these same ways. I do not see how players are to be blamed for anything.

4 Likes

Dude stop with the rage quit fantasy of yours.
I don’t rage quit lmao. I move to other games like a normal person that doesn’t eat some companies dick especially when I have to PAY to play it. Wanna be a CCP simp be my guest but please stop with the stupid ■■■■ already.
Your inability to think logically is not my fault.

2 Likes

If it was me, I’d say tough luck. Suck it up.

The OP would still be quitting anyway, so fewer titans in the game is all good as far as I’m concerned. We all knew the risks and choices can have consequences.

That would be my almost exact line if I was at CCP and could make a decision about this. Thankfully, I’m not at CCP though, so they might take a more understanding approach.

This is hilarious.

My view - we are responsible for our own choices.
Your view - people like me don’t know how to blame other people.

You’re right. My choices are mine. Your choices are yours. The consequences of those choices sit with us and the idea that we only have an illusion of choice is about as beta as anything ever posted on the forum.

It could become less beta and more alpha if people would finally stop trying to find excuses for every single screw up from CCP and eventually started to club their heads relentlessly. That would maybe change something for the better at some point. Packing this dumpsterfire on a volcano island in cotton every time something big goes wrong because of their mechanics and not blaming them and their mechanics will certainly not change a thing.

1 Like

Of course you didn’t, yet you claimed to be going on another break while crying in the forum about a fight.

Such a boy you are can’t even quote the whole thing again.
Do you think that being selective as to what you respond makes you any clever or something lmao?
And the fact that you somehow put so much emphasis on emotions when we are talking about a badly designed video game which is a objective opinion based on a long term experience tells me you have issues.
Take a chill lad.
It is a badly designed game no matter how much you cherish it.

And FYI I prolly will stop giving CCP my money again. They need to make my experience wholesome in order to earn it.

CCP cop a heap from us constantly. As a community we certainly aren’t quiet about criticising them directly.

They even modified the way they post information so it comes from a team rather than an individual because we’ve been so direct in some of our criticism.

They screw up all the time, but crying in the forum about going to take a break from the game isn’t going to get much sympathy here. There are much better ways to address the outcome of this almost fight.

Hopefully in addition to CCP reviewing things, they also hand out bans to those involved in attempting to crash the node (but the history of that approach to trying to save stuff suggests there’ll probably be no bans).

This is not a screw up from CCP though.
Your node idea defeats the whole purpose of a structure having defences and also is space magic where the defenders get no home ground advantage despite living in and owning the keepstar.
Which would utterly break things for any situation other than the two biggest coalitions in the game smashing at each other instead.

So… Yeah. This is not a CCP screw up, even if keepstars were limited to one per system or constellation these fights would still be happening, there is just no way around this sort of mechanic that is reasonable.

1 Like

For good reasons, unfortunately, because most people won’t quit anyway. CCP knows that and thus doesn’t need to care.

1 Like

In relation to that last one, I quoted the part that was relevant to my reply.

In relation to the earlier one, the whole thing as posted by you was quoted. 100% unchanged. Your dishonesty as a person, not just as a character in EVE, should have been expected I guess. Sad, but it is what it is.

Lmao talking about dishonesty when you edit posts to fit your agenda.
hahaha what a character you are.

Also please explain this.
How is this not broken??

https://zkillboard.com/kill/89687901/

Good. Outposts didn’t have defenses either. And more content happened around them and with them.

What? They have the advantage of owning the space and to some extend limiting what attackers can bring to capture the node (cyno jammers).

Why? Small alliances can’t hold 5 nodes against other small alliances? This assumption is ridiculous. And you know what is even more ridiculous? The sudden assumption that smell groups should be able to easily hold a Keepstar. Isn’t it uniform canon everywhere that you should not use what you can’t afford to lose? That said, even smaller groups can hold a KS if they spawned nodes. All they have to do is to cooperate with other people (just as it is expected from every EVE player) who protect their ship guarding the sitting on the node.

It’s not about limiting the KS’ themselves. Where did you even get that idea from this time? Of course, it would be great if there could only be one or 2 KS per region but that has nothing to do with how fights about KS should happen with nodes in the system or constellation instead of on their single point grid.

There are. I just laid it out and CCP implemented it for Aegis sov and Dominion sov had it, too. Even POS sov had it. Stop being ignorant.

No, yes, it was a CCP screw up. Not just that this particular node crashed, but overall that they allow it to happen time and again and again and again. Just so that they get big press about the hugest battles in gaming history. Instead of fixing the mechanics, CCP tries to just improve performance so that even more people can experience this godawful part of the game.

1 Like

It’s a killmail. It’s clearly broken.

But aside from that, what part of hitting the server performance limit can’t you still understand, and that hitting it doesn’t mean anyone is at fault? I’m sure the true value was significantly more than an unfit Nyx, but when the limit of server performance is reached, of course things are going to be strange.

I have no disagreement with that. Where I disagree is with blaming this on CCP, rather than understanding that there are limits to performance and today we found it, also with some deliberate attempts to find it. It’s not CCP’s fault. It’s not our fault. It is just that the infrastructure isn’t infinitely scalable.

IF there’s a limit then you don’t punish a player for now knowing it. It is a esoteric number. Nobody but CCP know is.
What kind of ■■■■■■ up logic do you use to blame this on anybody but CCP OR even worse play with the retarded “it is nobodies fault” thing.

That’s pretty much what I’ve been saying for quite a while now.

Their main intention is to get free advertisement.

What part of:

Becomes:

No one is to blame. It’s a situation that can arise and it sucks, but the idea of blame is stupid. The infrastructure (no infrastructure) is infinitely scalable. No matter where the limit is set, we will eventually reach it, and we did today.

Then when ■■■■ hits the fan, you grow a pair of ballz, admit that ■■■■ hit the fan and reimburse items that people lost of no fault of their own.
But nah. BIGGEST FIGHT EVEAH ■■■■■■■■ and not our fault + zealots in defense mode. Typical corpo noise.

You haven’t even given them a chance before crying about taking another break from the game.

CCP aren’t there just to meet your personal expectations.

If they do address the situation, expecting it now is stupid.

Not giving them a chance lmao.
They are on their 18th year!
This is a recurring situation not some random out of the blue thing.
Do you live in jita and never go anywhere past HS??