CCPLEASE attend to the advert banners urgently!

The billboards are a failure. The videoloop was worse than a 9 years old youtube video compilation on mute. Have some ‘break’ or TheScope video inbetween as it mostly appeared as one long recruitment video.
If only we had walking in stations at least it would have some way to look and listen to it in a normal way.
I always turn my ship view away from the ugly billboard.

3 Likes

Keep Hope Alive

4 Likes

There was lore friendly piece about flying SOE ships, and its gone too, only what stayed is ads for CCP store, revealing their intend.

The screen inside CQ was a lot better. There you could put even some Quafe ads, or some Quafe girls slideshow. Anything you could think of, in webm format, custom videos. :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

4 Likes

Dont really understand why they are not updating these…

Why don’t they advertise new ship skins, Invasion updates and new updates in EVE…

I guess they have lost the coding and don’t know anymore how to update these, has CCP been locked out from their own system lol

3 Likes

historical CCP are lazy, so don’t rely on ccp updating billboards to show anything useful or interesting soon

• Billboards could show ingame advertising for a fee (new ccp income)
  • Billboards could show plex, skin,game time discounts (oh snap more income for ccp)
  • Billboards could show drifter or them new dudes invasion messages
  • Billboards could show messages to new players in new player systems

wow the list is endless but meh just shoot them instead CCP seem limited with there imagination lol

6 Likes

Why not CCP let us pay ISK or real cash to show any message we want for a period of time to all spaces’ billboards?

3 Likes

I sincerely doubt the cost of assigning even an office junior to regurgitate old content over a soundless tiny TV would be recouped by your ideas.

3 Likes

OP is right. We need some more stuff from billboards and adverts, but it’s not what you think. I’d like the adverts to be clickable somehow? I think it would be great if CCP could create their own adverts targeted at player retention.

But what were going to get instead is propaganda from slave masters and RMTers.

1 Like

I am getting a little sick of that ad. Definitely anyone seen with those glasses is KOS!!

3 Likes

They could rent them out to Alliances to upload their propaganda.

3 Likes

You guys dont get it, do you.

This is CCPs attempt at sneaking in real-life ads.

One day, you will see an ad for Pepsi on the billboard. And CCP Falcon will come in and say “Well, its better than the stupid guy wearing glasses ad, right!?”

6 Likes

Censured

2 Likes

roll on coca cola I say beats the stupid guy with glasses anyday, but hey all I do is low grade all graphics and I ONLY see THE SCOPE logo :stuck_out_tongue:

Nothing wrong with real world ads with all the dummy spits of late in the forums maybe approach Tampon :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

You guys say this now. But one day, when you log in, youll get a popup. Full screen. With a dancing bear saying “Thinking about a car loan? Click me to find out more! Ad will close in 10, 9, 8…”

Then, when you try to gate to another system, “Hey, before you leave this system, dont forget to vote on your favorite animu waifu! Redirecting to outside browser in 5, 4, 3…”

Then, starting up an industry job, “Get a free coke with an order of 10.00 or more from Pizza Hut! Must click ad to continue with the game”.

Soon, it will be “You must watch 5 ads before Game will start. Click here for a list!”

Do you guys really want that? Huh?

5 Likes

hmmm free cola with large Pizza yup you sold me where do I sign up

2 Likes

Censured

1 Like

Of course. I see the future. Its in annoying ad popups and trying to squeeze as much money from the consumer as possible.

Wait, that future is already here.

2 Likes

Censured

2 Likes

They used to be… kind of

You could blow them up but they would respawn, i used to do it when sniping at low sec gates many many years ago :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s not what Hilmar told me when he invited me to his private penthouse suite.

4 Likes