CCPlease do something about the 1mil sp spammers

@Mike_Azariah come on use your new powers again

The CSM can’t even make CCP change the word “Tritanium” to “Veldspar” as it’s used in one single mission.

They should really hire someone to communicate with the players.

1 Like

I think going down the route of rules being broken is the wrong way. Even if no rule is being broken, there still ought to be some means of, for example, blocking external or specific text in chat. Given that the system is already capable of recognising specific text ( such as where it highlights a name referenced ) that means the main element of coding to do this already exists. I’ve coded similar myself…it is one line of code…essentially 'if string contains ‘xyz’ then null ’ .

1 Like

This isn’t friggin rocket science.

1. Limit Jita/Amarr/Dodixie/Rens/Hek local to 1 message every X minutes.

2. Limit alpha accounts to 1 message every X minutes.

3. Limit NPC corp channel messages to 1 message every X minutes.

1 Like

There’s lots of solutions.

It’s not a technical question.

It’s a matter of policy.

Just in local, or in all channels?
I don’t think that is a good fix, because if there is a brand new player that is trying to get help, but can only post one message every X minutes, that would really limit them and slow down the process of getting help with something they might need right away. And not everyone can/has a need to get omega, and I am pretty sure no one wants to pay $20 a month(or whatever the current sub price is) to be able to message more often in chat

Something must be up with it...

Below is a placeholder crafting menu from EVE Vanguard Keynote live action demo:

Can you see it? Hint: It is in several places :slight_smile:

It was strongly underlined this is W.I.P …so nothing to worry about I guess :thinking:
:thinking:

I’m talking about one of the the career missions that tells newbies to mine Tritanium which confuses the hell out of them. That has been around for years regardless of Mike trying/asking/begging CCP multiple times to alter it. It’s literally just changing a word, takes 3 minutes.

3 Likes

I know you are writing about EVE Online :slight_smile: I just wanted to make a pun joke on how widespread Tritanium/Veldspar confusion might be among CCP staff :slight_smile:

Perhaps it is not just a text in mission description but generated text basrd on some complex object structure deserialized from a database and somwhere deep down somebody confused tritanium id for veldspar id and hence generated text is getting resource name for wrong id.

And to fix the mission description you must first fix that wrong id somwhere in the serialized object sitting in some dark dusty place everyone is afraid to visit… just thinking aloud… :thinking:

I figure the noobs who survive in Eve are the ones who just look on the market and buy the Tritanium. The mission does say it doesn’t care ‘how’ you get the item.

2 Likes

Doesn’t that mission still make you go to the mission location in order to complete it? Maybe I’m thinking of one of the other mining missions. Regardless, the career missions are bad, and they need to be redone.

At least half of them are useless at teaching the game, since they’re effectively just regular L1 missions, and some of them used to even teach incorrect information (such as webbing an npc near a concord npc would get you killed by concord.) The best of the lot are the scanning missions, and they still need some help.

This is a terrible idea. Rookie NPC corps used to be a great way for new players to learn the game. So instead of killing it with spam, you’re suggesting it should be killed with spam… and preventing preventing the people who should be talking in those channels, from making use of them. Good job.

Thank you. Hopefully he’ll get some screen shots of rookie corp / rookie help channels with the spam and show it to a decision maker.

As I recall it ( 2 years ago now ), there’s a mission where you have to convert Veldspar into Tritanium and provide 10,000 units or something. That’s the one where I just bought the Tritanium. Felt a bit like Captain Kirk cheating on the Kobayashi Maru test.

To be honest, I’ve never really been impressed with any NPC stuff. Most NPCs such as belt rats only really cause issues because they have more DPS collectively than noobs. They are otherwise pretty dumb. …which is why I prefer PvP. I recall struggling with the belt rats in 0.4 systems when I was a noob in my 25 DPS Condor. These days my 700 DPS pulse laser ships can wipe out every belt rat in a couple of seconds…and the only reason I do NPC stuff is to gain security points.

And how about the emails with same spam?. I get tons as soon I enter to my language help channel, people take all the chat list for spam emails for free.

Set a charge or block unknown characters in the mail settings.

thats not a solution, specially when I recruit new pilots for my academy.

1 Like

Fair enough. A custom filter would be a better solution.

1 Like

might have to add character links to that filter as well… because players could do the big spam … and then “check bio for 1mil sp link”

I had a similar ratting experience, i would go out to the nearest belt(this was in 0.8 or something) in my terribly fit condor, and come back with about 500k in loot after visiting all the belts, and then i would brag about how i one shotted(i did actually one shot most of them, i can’t remember what the fit was exactly, but it worked against 0.8 belt rats) the rats in the corp chat. I really enjoyed my condor, idk where it is rn, probably in some random station in minmatar space(i think)

1 Like