CCPlease do something about the 1mil sp spammers

This needs to be addressed.

+1

2 Likes

Thank you.

Every day on every account. Everyone can do it. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

I did actually update my Condor some time later…180 DPS or so. Way more than the noob 25 DPS or so. But generally these days I do most PvE and ratting stuff in my 700 DPS laser Gnosis.

Nice, i haven’t gotten more than 40ish dps out of it, probably because my missile skills were trash, and i didn’t use any damage modules

This is all off topic, take it somewhere else you two or the thread will be locked. Reminder that this thread is about chat channels being ruined with referral spam. Cheers.

3 Likes

Agree these links should not be allowed in public chats

1 Like

I have to agree - this is a problem that needs addressing.

Personally I’m blocking the spammers right out the gate but they appear to be stifling communication in the newbie NPC corp I’m in and that simply can’t be a constructive or positive thing.

Regards,

Larry

1 Like

ez solution. Just remove corp chat from all NPC corporations. the Noobs have rookie and help channels which are moderated.

no. stop trolling.

2 Likes

Yo @CCP how about you address this shiz? Why you so quiet? I see you ignored all the Reddit posts about it too.

1 Like

CCP should remove the corp channel from NPC corps (fake corps), that way the problem is solved.

I’m on my phone at the moment and can’t see if CCP has responded to this thread. It’s obvious that most players don’t like this type of spam.

Back when they offered PLEX if someone accepted your “Buddy Invite”, it was much better. People generally sold the PLEX or used it for game time and then shared a portion of the ISK with the newbie who upgraded off the Invite. It gave a good incentive for people to put in the legwork to get people to use the Invite, and the free SP + ISK was a great way to start people off who stuck around longer than the typical newbie.

Then CCP changed the system and I honestly barely ever hear anything about the new “referral links”.

1 Like

CCP. This is what new players see, It looks like goldselling in some godforsaken Chinese grindfest MMO. Is this how you want your game to look? Do something.

7 Likes

You ain’t seen nuthin’ yet.

This free week of Omega will turn the next two weeks in NPC corp chat into Jita chat on steroids.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Saying this as someone who was in CAS for way longer than I probably should have because they actually had an active community back in the day…

I’d honestly just remove rookie corp chat. If CAS corp chat is like that then the other 11 are guaranteed to be the same. There’s official help channels people can join so there’s no real purpose for the corp chat beyond these people just spamming referral links.

If they can’t remove it because of spaghetti code or whatever then restricting alpha accounts’ ability to post links would be the next best thing.

(obviously that won’t do anything this week but still lol)

and now that I think about it, it’s bad enough that they’re spamming referral links, but they also one of those people that spell lose as “loose.” I swear there’s nothing that triggers me as easily as that lmao

2 Likes

I’m so used to the lose/loose mix up that it looks funny to me when they actually use them properly.

What gets me going is when I hear someone pronounce nuclear as new-q-lur.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t know why people bother spamming the link anymore, you don’t even get a PLEX/gametime when people subscribe anymore.

Deleted

3 Likes