[CCPLEASE] My biggest point of pain

This is intended as feedback directly aimed at CCP. Take it for what you want.

I hate the current way the skin system is being implemented. I’ve said it. Here are the main points.

• There are skins unique to 1 variation of ships with 2+ variations. This one I don’t understand. Reusing assets in a game is like the single easiest thing to do. It should be easy to transfer skins between the same ship variation in most cases. Maybe harder for T2 variants because they have lots of extra bits bit still workable.

• Even for ships with the same skin, the skin is unique to that ship so if I want a skin for ship A and its variant ship B also blessedly has the same SKIN, I have to buy 2 skins to have it for both. This makes me not want to buy the damn skin at all because if I am in ship A that I bought the skin for I am happy but now flying Ship B is less appealing because I don’t have access to the nice skin I just spent money on.

The way I see it there are a bunch of ways to fix these problems but the thing they all have in common is sharing skins between variants. If this was implemented, I would probably buy a ■■■■ load more skins. Even if you don’t implement a system where you can buy all the skins for all the variants unlocked at once for a single cost (which would probably just price adjust to the cost of 2+ individual ones anyway) having the ability to own the skins across all ship variants would go a long way towards making me happy.

Want the best example? Look at the Typhoon T1 variant and how many skins it has, now look at the Typhoon Navy Issue and please explain why all the skins on the T1 Typhoon can’t be used on the navy issue? It’s basicly the same ship, come ON.

/rant please bless this comment with lots of thumbs up comments at minimum if you agree so we can encourage a change for the better here in some form or fashion.

(Perhaps this should be relocated to Player Features & Ideas; this can be done by editing your first post. This forum is for feedback about the forums themselves, not the game.)

This won’t change as long as Hilmar is in charge. It’s all about milking as much cash from the cows as possible.

If you were around for Incarna, just think back to the first “micro” transactions and 60$ monocles. If you weren’t, I recommend you read up on it.

2 Likes

Won’t let me at this point, so rip that idea.

As for the enlightening comment from Dunning. How do you figure that? I know for an absolute fact that I am not the only one annoyed by this system. Multiple people I have talked to agree the system is janky and a pain in the ass. If I am going to spend real time/money on collecting skins ingame I need to feel like I am accomplishing something. The end point sales figures won’t change if the price is adjusted for what you’re getting. Not even looking at just making skins available across all variations of the same ship (which should absolutely be done regardless of how they are sold imo), if the skins were sold as bundles for the whole ship type at a reasonable price I would buy a lot more sets to have them available. In any microtransaction format, what you get for the money needs to reflect a reasonable amount of stuff ingame.

Real Example: I would rather spend $20 and know I am getting that cool skin across that ship type and all its variations than spend $10 and get it for one. If the ship has 3 variations that means they are losing $10 but if they don’t have the system that way I can’t justify spending $10 on a skin I will use on ONE ■■■■■■■ ship that I may or may not fly in favor of its variations. Which means instead of making any money off me, they are making 0 and I am not alone here. Currently the only bundles are for the same skin across multiple ship types which is cool and all but again, the fact that certain ship varients have skins I like but those skins don’t extend to their ship variations is a big turn off for me to want to buy into it.

Perhaps this won’t mean a damn thing to CCP but if they want my personal feedback as a consumer who has been known to spend $1,000’s of dollars on cosmetics over a span of a few years (Thanks League of Legends) I know I don’t like throwing extra money at games if I don’t feel I am getting something I like. That’s all. This could be a win win for CCP and for us as the consumer if done right and right now I don’t feel its being approached from the right angle.

Yeah, but who cares?
Not the guys who matter.

That’s not you.
Not your friends.
Not Dunning.
Not me.

Being annoyed isn’t a reason for change,
especially when people spend money anyway.

Sorry.

That’s a BS line of logic and is a complete non argument if I’ve ever seen one. Plenty of people care and the whole point of posting this is to bring it to the attention of the people who do matter with the ability to change it. Excuse the hell out of me for thinking the company “might” want feedback from a consumer, sorry for clearly wasting the time you took to read it. Honestly at this point I can’t figure out if you are a troll or an ass hole but either way consider this the extent of my courteous responses to anything you have to say.

Yes. That’s what you do and what you believe is the point. You post, because you need to get it out of your system. I never said anything opposite.

I was talking about the other side of this equation.

You honestly believe that CCP Falcon and his underlings are going to write it all down and present it to those who matter? Do you really believe that? Do you even understand what a forum is there for? It’s for people to talk and vent when they’re angry! It’s a place for wasting time while staying within the context of the product!

Stop being delusional. I understand that you’ll have a hard time doing so, because you - just like far too many do nowadays - live in this delusional state where you believe that your voice matters. Hell, your whole post reeks of delusional self-importance.

It ■■■■■■■ doesn’t.

They don’t. Use your brain. Think it through. Think of all the steps necessary to actually file and catalog all these complaints. Do it. And we’re not talking about complaints by the many, we’re talking about complaints by some irrelevant nobody like yourself, myself, or the guy in the next thread.

To you I’m an asshole, because I’m telling you the truth into your face:

Your voice doesn’t matter.
My voice doesn’t matter.

You’re angry about this and I don’t give a ■■■■ about that. What I give a ■■■■ about is you being in this delusional state, where you believe that a company wastes the resources on scraping the forums for tiny amounts of different, often singularily happening complaints, writing them all down and presenting them to those who matter.

The only voice that matters is the voice of the masses. CCP has proven time and time again that they only care when there’s enough of an outcry. They stay silent in hopes of things calming down again, or react when they notice that it’s just going to get worse.

Like, you probably know, every other company out there and politicians. No one gives a ■■■■ about small amounts of complaints. They’re the norm and they’re not important. Your chance of enough people giving a ■■■■ about this are slim to none, so I’m sure you can extrapolate how many fucks those, who matter, give.

You’re a nobody.
Everyone’s a nobody.
Get over yourself.

Have a nice day anyway.

(“singularily happening” … i don’t know if that’s a thing, but now it is :p)

Hell … they don’t even honour loyalty!

They’ve promised 10 year old veterans a station.
Their own station just for them.
That was many, many years ago.

They don’t give a ■■■■.

Not even about Chribba.

Dude, you need to chill the hell out. Idfk what you’re angry about but it isn’t me, this post, or this company. Go do some self reflection because that amount of negative thinking is going to drive you down some very dark paths. Speaking from experience there. It doesn’t end well for you.

Just going to mention that I DO go through the forums and forward them to higher ups. That is part of my job. Just saying.

3 Likes

I believe you, though I doubt you’re delusional enough to believe that it matters.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.