CEQ's

Is that a selfie

1 Like

Okay, I don’t understand why they felt the need to restrict the activity, let alone restrict it as much as they did. It’s like they’re experimenting with the Warframe school of dark pattern design. For example, just about everything in warframe is time limited, or has limits on how much you can do (i.e. can only grind so much standing or focus in a day). This induces FOMO in players, which makes them want to log in every day to do all the stuff required to achieve their progression goals.

So, perhaps you can see how this would work with CRAB’s. You don’t have the luxury of running as many as you want, whenever you want. Thus, if you want to maximize how many of them you run in a given amount of time, you have to log in every day to run what you can run.

Of course, another theory is that they’re limiting them in order to prevent unsustainable economic activity. But I don’t think that’s a very plausible explanation. I mean, they could have made it so that a greater proportion of the payout of the things came from loot -which would make them self-regulating (after all, increased loot supply would drive down prices, and therefore discourage excessive crabbing). But they didn’t do that. In fact, they went the opposite direction, and doubled isk payouts on release.

Of course, it doesn’t really matter what their intentions were. What matters is how it’s affecting game balance and player fun. And from what I can tell, players aren’t too keen on this restriction.

And, on a side note, I pray that this isn’t the first in a series of dark pattern design decisions.

Anyway, I think you have a valid complaint, but ranting isn’t going to help make things better. I strongly advise trying to put together a well constructed argument for why you don’t like the current implementation, and then post that, as well as email it to the CSM’s. I can’t promise you that CCP will listen, but I assure you that you’re more likely to effect positive change with good arguments and constructive criticism, than you are with rants.

Oh, and I almost forgot… grrr goons.

2 Likes

CCP doesn’t want pilots to have too much CEQs.

To circumvent that limitation, get a second dread pilot to get twice as much CEQs.

(You can save some ISK by sharing one hull between the two pilots.)

1 Like

This is what all human beings need to do instead of rant on forums. Noone will listen to people ranting and crying. Well at least seriously.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.