Certificates : what is the point

What’s the point of certificates again? What do I gain by leveling them up? A bonus of some kind? Should they be purged from the game or improved?

1 Like

They give the player a rough idea on how skilled they are with using a specific ship. (In terms of SP atleast)

1 Like

They’re just guidelines.
Leave 'em, I say.

–Gadget is Forum Certified

5 Likes

They used to be far more interesting. Now they are just a faded image of what they were. They don’t provide bonuses on their own, never have. They used to be an example of what a debatable but well rounded skillset might look like. Now they are a relic of someone being bad at their job. They sort of tell you what skill could possibly maybe or maybe not apply to the particular piece of equipment and have levels attached for no reason whatsoever.

1 Like

Like gadget said, they’re guidelines.

Pretty useful if you want an idea of what skillsets you need for certain ships

1 Like

yop those are guidelines of which skill set might end up being more usefull to a specific piece of equipement / ship. So you ll get an idea of which skill to train in to taht synergize well with the ship you intent to use.

The level of those masteries are meaningless since they only relate to the skills level itself.

1 Like

Profound comment

1 Like

When in long long ago you could have a real man’s certificate…

1 Like

I think they are a nice feature, especially for new players and should not be removed at all.

They provide a rough guideline on a good skill-set for a particular ship that they want to fly and fit up (core skills, weapon skills, defense skills, and etc). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ISIS made them obsolete. They should be integrated in it instead, imho.
P.S. hull tanking ftw :slight_smile:

ISIS tree only shows the skills needed for the ship, not the recommended certificates that can be viewed on the Mastery tab of the information window (if you click on the Mastery level in the ISIS tree, it brings up the ship information with the Mastery tab open, so it is integrated that way). They’re not obsolete at all. :slight_smile:

And yes, Hull Taking ftw. I will hold onto my hull tanking elite certificate with pride. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I still got my Hull Tanking Elite Certificate

This certificate represents an elite level of competence in the infamous practice of “hull tanking”. It certifies that the holder can fully use all modules relating to hull tanking. The holder is aware that “real men hull tank”, and also that hull tanking is really dumb. With this certificate, you’ve maximised your ability to rely on your structural systems to absorb damage, although hopefully you’re smart enough to know what a daft idea that is.

During a certificate system restructuring, CONCORD issued a physical copy of this certificate to ensure that those elite hull tankers would always be recognized (at least by themselves).

1 Like

I like the certificates, even if just as a guide, if you decide to try and get cert 5 (once you’ve run out of most things that you want to train) it makes the ships in the ISIS tree turn gold.

But I wouldn’t base your training on it entirely.

2 Likes

What the hell is ISIS ? I guess it’s my fault for playing for 5 years, then quitting for 5 years to play STO, then coming back to EVE a few months ago. Also, CCP should hire some of those Huldrafolk to work for them, in the interest of diversity.

ISIS is basically the ship tree

And CCP dont seem to hire these days, they seem to fire instead

ISIS is the “Interbus Ship Identification System”. It’s a tree of ships for every faction ingame, including pirate factions. Very useful tool! :slightly_smiling_face:

If you want to read more on it you can look at this article:

2 Likes

Bring back physical certificates please

And can someone tell me if they’re mentioned in the NPE?

I don’t recall seeing them in the NPE.

–Gadget is Legion

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.