Change how tether works in highsec for suspects and outlaws

With criminal timer in highsec you can’t even warp , until CONCORD arrives and destroys your ship. But this is something that has nothing to do with the discussion. You can only warp and dock while in a pod with criminal timer.

1 Like

the statement I was answering to, was that structures should not remove tether because concord does not directly manage the structures. To which I answer, if this was relevant you could dock with a criminal timer.

Language !

But this is not about CONCORD . Or do I have to draw you a schematic ?
It’s not about player - NPC interraction , it’s about player - player interraction , therefore what you are saying is completely irrelevant .

Both you and Mikka inserted into the picture CONCORD and lore , in a player vs. player context , a context when PvP between the two is denied in space, in highsec by a broken tether mechanic.
Lore and CONCORD NPC has absolutely nothing to do with this.

1 Like

Which is only a restriction to prevent CONCORD avoidance. Once blown up and in a capsule, the pilot can dock up.

One also cannot dock up or tether when subject to a weapons timer - but that’s a PvP-specific timer, not a Crimewatch timer.

Except NPCs are what create ‘highsec’ to begin with. Crimewatch is a prerequisite for Suspect timers; without Crimewatch, Suspect timers don’t matter. You cannot address Suspect timer restrictions yet ignore Crimewatch because Suspect timers are part of Crimewatch.

Show me where have I asked for suspect timer restriction ? What are you smoking ? Because I want some of that .

Problem is simple …

Outlaws and those that have an actively suspect timer while in space can be attacked by other players .
Correct me here if I am wrong …

Now, if they are tethered in space, please tell me how can one attack them in this scenario ?

You can’t , excluding what I already said:

but if he’s not AFK and has tether , there’s nothing you can do to engage in combat with him , therefore PvP is denied and also the right to attack outlaws and suspects while in space.

1 Like

Butt hurt much ?

There have been too many nerfs to suicide ganking already.

Suspect Timer Restrictions: the restrictions on a pilot caused by having a suspect timer.

So can any other player. The difference is whether or not CONCORD responds. And thus: it is a matter of Crimewatch mechanics. Full circle…

By bumping them, or baiting them. The same as any other pilot.

Being Suspect/Criminal/Outlaw doesn’t change how the game works. It only affects the ‘protections’ afforded to you by CONCORD. It doesn’t touch the protections offered by other players.

Show me how CONCORD responds to a suspect.

So you do not have a solution / answer to my question.

Further more, you do not understand the problem or just refuse to see something that you do not understand or have a solution for.

This thread has nothing to do with suicide gankers , it has to do with tether mechanic in highsec .

Is a suspect suicide ganker to you ? Because we are talking about those too .

1 Like

Why shouldn’t it be possible?

Suspects and outlaws can be safely docked up in a station anchored by suspects and outlaws, or any other type of capsuleers. Tether is merely an extention of being docked up, and allows a player to see the situation when they undock without immediately being vulnerable like with NPC stations.

The station can be placed and owned by suspects and outlaws, the tether is nothing more than an extention of the same docking invulnerability that the station provides. If anyone starts fighting or targets other ships for any other interaction they lose tether.

So I don’t see the problem with the current situation. Why shouldn’t it be possible for suspects and outlaws to be tethered?

They specifically don’t respond to a suspect being attacked. So yes there is a difference. The only difference from suspect timer, is the interaction you get from NPC.

Because it defeats the goal of suspect : to remove NPC protection in HS.

But tether is not NPC protection, it specifically is player protection as no NPC stations provide tether.

unrelated.

Structures are NPC. No player is doing the tether. Just because the NPC is installed by a player does not make it less an NPC.

If structures where not NPC, they should also get a suspect timer or criminal timer for helping a suspect if this suspect has an active timer.

Players are doing the tether, because players who anchored the structure also set the access lists to decide who gets tether and who doesn’t.

No, no player is doing the tether. Tethering is a NPC mechanism, not a player one.

Tether is an automated player mechanism as it applies only from player-anchored structures to player-owned ships who are piloted by players selected by the player owning the player station. NPC stations offer nothing like it.

The problem is that they are in space as outlaws and suspects (this is a special case, not regular capsuleers with neutral or positive security status and without a timer) and cannot be attacked , they should be docked for that, not in space.

I have explained it again for you for the n-th time. You are just repeating what others have said and got their answer , all you had to do was to read.

1 Like