Chaos Era Continues - Cyno Update

Yeah you mean the people who the game afloat during the time this game was “broken status quo”, you know, because they were enjoying it?

I think it is a fantasy to think that all the people who allegedly quit because of “broken status quo” so long ago are going to come flooding back in and stay for realsies this time.

No you were arguing it was safer then the current method

" JUMP FREIGHTER HAULING JUST GOT ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE SAFER.

SAFER. AS IN MORE SAFE.""

Try reading comprehension. I was saying this change makes JF hauling orders of magnitude safer.

THIS FREAKING CHANGE IS THE ONE WITH THE COVERT CYNOS

And this change does make it safer. No two ways about it. Nobody sees your cyno. Nobody gets ready for you to come in and dock. You just go. Your cyno ship is less at risk. The whole thing takes less time. Any time cynos take less time, the risk goes down.

4 Likes

The metric I want to see is: Number of Ships / Structures / Deployable’s Renamed to (INSERT DEROGATORY STATEMENT HERE) Helmar .

2 Likes

No it isnt ya dragged my post about keeping the current cyno in place for JFs and then commented the new system would make it safer, thus u were arguing this mechanic makes it safer with the change then before the change.

Also eve with the change if ya park a recon on the station, brick tank it a bit, the cyno is 30s does not show up and ya have dscan, ya will have docked the recon before they can kill you. Did the math cost for loosing that falcon(cheap and can fit a lot of tank) comes at about 2.5% the cost of a JF if ya loose it. Witch ya rarely will if ya not a dumb

Personally i just would use a cheap cov ops frig , its 1 minute and pretty cheap, if ya pick ur moments ya wont loose it that often.

Ur method under those mechanic is the cheapest, but it is not the safest as the safety is about the 10b JF not a cheap covert frig, just checked in jita its about 35 mill for 1 of those and that comes to about 0.35% of the JF price, thats not counting cargo, so why would u care about that 35 mill frig ya might loose some times

Both. SP promotions won’t stop because SP is the most valuable commodity that CCP has, to motivate players to do something. SP injectors won’t stop. CCP is looking for a balance between promotional hurts for long term gain. I still believe my “SP devaluation” point is valid. I could also point at irritation that CCP made a statement to mollify the player-base when injectors were revealed, that SP would only come from other players.

As a long term player who would log in anyway, I’m more interested in limited-time “event loot,” back when limited-time Events were happening. (Crimson Harvest time is fast approaching!)

From CEO Hilmar’s forum AMA:

What are CCPs plans to deal with things such as SP farms?

It depends what you mean by “deal with” really. There’s no rule against someone operating 200 accounts, so long as they’re not using them to multiplex.

SP farms are something that we (in particular the EVE Economic Council) are keeping a very close eye on, and if changes need to be made for the health of the game then we’ll look at what we can do to make it happen.

Do you consider introducing skill injectors beneficial to longevity and overall health of the game?

Yep, 100%. They’ve opened the doors for new players to skill up quickly and have at least partially broken down the mentality of “I want to play EVE but I’m always going to be 10 years in skillpoints behind the guys who’ve been playing for ages”.

They also, like PLEX, adhere to the mantra of increasing player choice in how to manage time and money investment in the game. We think it’s very important for games overall to balance this and balance it both ways.

1 Like

huh? Sub caps have the least to worry about bombers.

It’s not about direct subs for more subs in the short term. It’s entirely about saving the game from a grossly inflated economy becoming exclusively dependent on capitals ships.

I hope the chaos continues and with steps to bite even more directly into capitals such as fees to keep them (aka like structures) etc, Drifters becoming the big boys on the block and a direct throttle on overbuilding and other excesses in the game (lets face it they haven’t done much of anything yet).

So they will both not keep up the SP promotions… and keep up the SP promotions?

How exactly are they supposed to do both when one is literally ‘don’t do the other thing’?

1 Like

Its Pay to win, just don’t tell them that it’s not really pay to win, because you’re a noob and have no idea what to do with that blingy new super.

Can I come too

I think we are far more likely to see - No capitals ratting for the next week or so until groups have “adapted” to the change.

1 Like

So ultimately, this confirms that a sea change has taken place within CCP where it has moved from a concord like stance of neutral observance and tenet setting, to actively limiting, opposing, and counteracting specific tactics and groups/nul-sec alliances.

At this point you may as well admit that CCP is not happy with the current status quo and is seeking regime change. In the space of a few months you removed local (which now appears permanent, introduced nul-sec drifter fleets, and now remove a central pillar in the structure of umbrellas (This in no way affects me but does seem to be a tad obvious). Any one a huge change on it’s own.

What attracted me to the game was the videos talking about the way the developers stayed back to as high a degree as possible, and allowed groups and people to forge and create things in game in a much more organic fashion. Whatever market force or financial compulsion is forcing this about turn on stance and causing such obvious action hopefully diminishes. EVE is a good game, and it has a good story. This change probably will cause a few people to leave, but i doubt it will have enough of a positive effect to cover the loss of any kind of trust in CCP’s objectivity.

2 Likes

Oh you sweet summer child. (See, that’s how that’s used.)

Anyone who lived through T20 and 2016 has had no illusions about that.

3 Likes

can i have your stuff?

They said Just recons in general. 5 minutes is a long ass time and THATS assuming they keep that cyno reduction bonus. No that wont tank a battleship with his friends and more then likely they will neut you out. I have done pvp so no you are wrong

I like the new CCP.

Talk about Crowd Control. :smile:

3 Likes

Really?

OOPS. It looks like you’re wrong.

Oh and look, you’re changing the conditions!

Yes, because god knows I’ve never done pvp. You should try getting a clue before you continue being wrong.

2 Likes

FIrst off no I said off the bat that some friends and their battleship would arrive so nice try. No you dont pvp I can assure you. If they are saying force recons only then theres no way its tanking anyone. Sorry but I like that they are trying to fix the game but unless we get a one ship cyno for moving individuals then this whole idea is ■■■■

Then you must have more fun doing other things. Because this ■■■■ is NOT healthy for the game. Believe it or not big negative hits to null shockwaves to all other parts of the galaxy. Big hits to low and WH have a lesser affect but also affect all other parts. HS could probably be straight up deleted and it wouldn’t really matter assuming those players found a home elsewhere and didn’t just disappear with it. So you can continue to rally for burn NS but there will be a boiling point where the rest of new eden dies with it.

1 Like

CCP has been pandering to Null Sec for far too long.

Theres ways for CCP to handle this situation and they are choosing all the negative impact ways. I don’t mean negative on the players I mean on the health of the game and their future. And those bratty children you speak of are the mouth breathers on reddit that have no actual clue. The ones speaking up that everyone wants to suffer actually consider change proposals with the benefit of the entire game and its future security in mind.

1 Like