Classic Ship Info Window Option PLEASE


Left:

  • Dirty irritating broken looking background,
  • I dunno which icon to click to get to the information i want.
  • I can’t drag the item Icon into chat to link it
  • I get angry every single time i open it
  • Twitchy hover overlay for the icons irritates me

Right:

  • Clean
  • Easy to use and understand
  • everything i need is reachable with 1 click, no hover, no guessing where to click, no twiching overlays

Please give us the option to get the normal good Info window for ships.
You can keep the broken one if you absolutely have to, but let us choose to also have the working one instead of forcing the broken one unto us.

How is this too much to ask?

5 Likes

You have to turn on Compact Mode to get rid of the ship silhouette in the background. If you turn on Compact Mode, the side bar also won’t expand anymore and you have to rely on tooltips to see the text name of the tabs/icons.
For linking the ship info in chat, you have to click and drag the tiny chain icon at the very top next to the arrow buttons.

All in all, it’s just the typical CCP UI/UX trainwreck, which is going to get it’s next chapter with the HUD modernization.

4 Likes

Thanks for the help. Compact mode improves it a tiny bit.

1 Like

Yes please, I still much prefer the old window.

3 Likes

I was appalled to return and find this abomination had replaced the info window.

Fifted.

2 Likes

Why they changed this in the first place? Rather vivid example of software degradatio :((
Must rollback!

1 Like

I think they wanted to always show the ship model to us?

Which is annoying, because usually when I open that tab the last thing I’m interested in is rendering and looking at the ship model.

Iinstead I want to see the ship attributes, skill reqs etc.

And if I wanted to look at the ship itself there used to be another window where we could see a (far superior) rendering of the ship on demand.

Playing on compact mode at least doesn’t open the ship model unasked when I don’t need it, but now I no longer have a button to quickly open the ship model when I do want to.

It’s been a downgrade in all forms of usability and I don’t know why they did it.

3 Likes

Gerard AmatinGuidance Counsellor
It’s been a downgrade in all forms of usability and I don’t know why they did it.

Yes, this is how i feel about it.