Climbing the isk/hr ladder

I think I’ve pretty much peaked at the isk/hr for Alpha-level site scanning. And even if I wanted to go Omega yet, I wouldn’t know the next step for taking on the hostile data/relic sites.

I’ve heard about Ninja-Gas mining…and am thinking of dabbling, but here’s where I am so far.

It seems that with low-sec and poking around WHs I can get about 20-50mil isk/hr.

So what’s next? Where CAN someone go from there?

Does Ninja-Gas earn more?

If not, does Lvl4 Missions earn more?

Does mining earn more?

If so, what directions to take in any field that earns more isk/hr?

I’m willing to explore all options, but for instance I don’t want to explore missions except to learn how to pew-pew better, but it’d be nice to also know that getting to lvl4 missions would result in a similar isk/hr.

And then of course there are probably revenues I haven’t mentioned here, and those are totally not on my radar yet and would like them to be.

You should join a corp with knowledgeable and experienced players who can teach you. If you’re lucky they might even have a Discord server for you to hop onto via their no-download web interface so you can text chat with them while at work :wink:

note alpha’s can’t pull lv4 missions on their own so might have to put those on hold for a bit. At first they will probably make about the same 20-50mil/hr, but longer term they will make more. How much more depends mostly on your skills and how efficient you are at running them and trading the LP.

ratting is like missions but more direct isk, null groups tend to get newbies into vnis that make ~50-60 mil/hr with pretty low sp requirement and if you go for a bigger ship with higher dps you can increase that.

mining probably not a great path, maybe with some of the rare moon ore you can go higher but sounds like a lot of mining income is dependent on multiboxing rorquals

those are some of the easier things to get into that I know about, as you say there’s a bunch of other things that are out there somewhat hidden, abyssal deadspace, triglavian incursions, FW missions, sansha incursions all also seem like pretty good isk makers but I don’t know much about them. And with skill/fitting requirements you probably need some isk from easier activities to get involved, and/or need to be willing to take highly variable income.

Just be careful not to fall into the trap of focusing your game on making isk. Fun per hour is much more important than isk per hour.

3 Likes

They most certainly can. Even sticking to T1/Meta. Don’t even need to reach the 5m SP limit on Alphas either.

:point_up: this

Yeah about the dont focus on isk right now… it’s fun but I’m certainly not focused on it as an end all be all. I just want to nail down the incomes while growing in anything else too

It is not a matter of fit or skillpoints. Alphas cannot accept any level 4 and above missions from agents at all.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, and I could be wrong, but the inability to do L4 missions only applies to Distribution missions. I’ll look it up.

Okay, so I looked it up. An earlier post suggested only only L4 distribution missions would be restricted; however, a later post (Security Update - Q1 2019 | EVE Online) said the following:

As we discussed initially in the New Year security update, the team were considering placing level 4 and 5 courier missions behind the requirement to have Omega clone status.(New Year Security Update! | EVE Online)

After investigating further, the decision has been made to place all level 4 and 5 missions behind the requirement to have Omega status, to assist the fight against RMT and botting.

1 Like

From Security Update - Q1 2019 | EVE Online :

As part of the fight against abuse of Alpha accounts by those involved in botting and real money trading, the EVE Dev Team have been looking at what Alpha characters currently have access to in New Eden.

As we discussed initially in the New Year security update, the team were considering placing level 4 and 5 courier missions behind the requirement to have Omega clone status.

After investigating further, the decision has been made to place all level 4 and 5 missions behind the requirement to have Omega status, to assist the fight against RMT and botting.

Of course, we are aware that mission running is only a part of the issue, we’re also investigating more ways to reduce the abuse of alpha accounts.

The changes to level 4 and 5 missions will be arriving on Singularity in the coming days, and are scheduled to go live with the March release.

And they did go live in March 12th update: patchnotes

1 Like

Fun per hour, not isk per hour. Thats the way to win Eve :wink: Nothing beats selling PLEX as isk per hour activity.

You need to find out, what PvE entertains you most and stay with it. I tryed WH PvE - very repetitive. Null PvE - repetive less cause of escallations. But both activities means you have to interrupt your PvE and go reship to PvP every time you see foreign char in space. And I do not like to be interrupted.

So I make Isk in high secL: L4 missions offer you different beautiful landscapes, burner missions can be a short intense fights, Abyss - longer intense and unpredictive fights with beautiful environment… You can do some combat anomalies in between.

Low sec, null and WH is where you want to spend isk blowing yourself and not earn them. Too stressful. You are forced to PvP when you are in mood for PvE. In high sec it can happen to you too, but you have to earn that status. So keep doing PvE in calm part of the gallaxy far away from Ice fields and main trade hubs, do not be arogant / agressive to locals and you are pretty much safe.

I’f you specialize in trading you can make more per hour but it goes slow at first until you have more iskies to play with.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.