Clone question

Greetings Peoples !

I came back to Eve after many years and am a bit confused lol ! So as far as clones go … we used to have to keep a clone so when you died there would be no penalty except for implant loss and such.

Do we still need to do that ? i see jump clones but nothing about regular old clones. I’m only on day 3 so perhaps it has not come up yet so I’m sorry if this is a stupid question. I started from scratch so I am just going through the career quests and following the recomended build plans that are provided.

Some great improvements it appears !

Thanks in advance for answers !

Blind

1 Like

There are no installed clone types or skill loss anymore in the game. So you will return to your Home Station (see Character Tab) upon death, with only implant loss.

1 Like

Thank you much for the response !

I can now stop being a carebear where I know the consequences lol !

Well, if you die in a strategic cruiser, you lose the skills that are specific to flying it, and need to retrain them if you want to fly one again right?

Well, if you die in a strategic cruiser, you lose the skills that are specific to flying it, and need to retrain them if you want to fly one again right?

Not since 2021!

2 Likes

Oh, ok, i guess not

Thankfully, that abominable mechanic is gone.
Welcome back! There’s been a few changes since you last played. Enjoy the wonderful Bookmarks In Space mechanics!
Fly dangerous.

It took me a while to understand the handling of the different clones in EVE after I started playing.
There’s 2 kinds of clones:

• Medical clone: This is the one you “respawn” in after being podded. It’s located at your home station and is “naked” (no implants or boosters). Actually this clone is handy: You can self destruct for instant travelling to the home station. There’s no limit in the number of these bodies, so feel free to die :wink:
  • Jump clones: These are parked at different stations and are able to contain implants. As soon as you jump to a clone, the location where you jump from gets a new jump clone wearing the implants you’ve got plugged in the moment you jump. You can also create naked jump clones. Information about the maximum number of jump clones, skills, cooldown etc you find in the linked EVE Uni article.

I’m not sure when you started playing, but back in the dim, dark ages there was a mechanic of Medical Clones.

This was essentially your home station clone as we know it today, but with a kick.

A medical clone could only hold so many Skillpoints. You needed to upgrade your clone as you accrued sp. When you got podded, you had to upgrade the clone again, or risk losing sp next time you were podded.

It was a nasty mechanic where you could lose significant amounts of sp because you forgot to upgrade your Medical clone.

I, for one, am glad this is no longer the case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.