CODE. Bowheads are useless in Hisec

Pffft.

Albeit, Id recommend AG cloaks their intent/approach in RP like CODE does.
Apparently this means people find it less offensive/nasty.

2 Likes

Let me repeat:

And this projecting example:

That was nasty, incorrect and uncalled for and you are holding me to a different standard.

I think hate is a bit strong, for me at least. For example I hold a significant amount of contempt and pity for Loyalanon / Wolf Soprano, he is perhaps the saddest person I have come across in the game. He is so full of hate and vitriol it takes my breath away, I had him ranting in Uedama local at me once using the character Wolf Soprano and I was wetting myself laughing and at the same time feeling pity for him, weirdā€¦

1 Like

Got any screenshots?

1 Like

Im holding you to the same standard.

His comment wasnt directed specifically at you and if you think that calling someone dumb and using the phrase ā€œtriggeredā€ are equally bad, then I dont really expect you to get why Im commenting on this.

Im trying to see things from your perspective, but this kind of thing makes it really difficult.

It was on my old computer sadly, and I really do regret not recording him screaming in comms when Herzog ganked a freighter wreck. If only you could have heard thatā€¦

1 Like

Next time this happens, play them this, courtesy of and sung by me:
https://uploadfiles.io/y1w5x

2 Likes

You think so?

Well first sentence is straight out calling people on the opposing side dumb, he also projected his own warped ideas of what AG stands for on anyone who is AG or has been AG, AG does not want 100% safety in hisec period and he tried to downplay the success I detailed above, which is the triggered part, was I factually incorrect to say that he was triggered?

And the emotion in that post showed he was salty.

1 Like

From that I assume you choose ā€œtriggeredā€ to mean something different from what I am familiar with as a meaning.

Point withdrawn.

I have nothing against the concept of antiga. In fact Im actually all for it. But in the what, three years?, since its inception it doesnt seem to have had much effect or gained much support. And those members I have encountered seem obsessed with revenge and tear harvesting, the second I thought was something they were against when it was CODE doing it.

I always see more vitriol from them than anyone in HS, and thats a PR problem.

I have always loved that song, but I would have burnt my CODE spy alt, though I have not subbed it for a long long time and it would have been a great way to end his time in Miniluv.

2 Likes

AG have some pretty cool people in there, and they do well within the mechanics, the event I detailed above is when they really got their stuff together. It is a resistance movement, aimed to oppose gankers, it knows it cannot win this war as the mechanics are against them.

I gave an example recently where we had two Macherials bumping a freighter rather than one as we were setup to gank a solo one, they ganked that freighter, but they had two players bumping the freighter and that meant some other freighter got through. What is failure in these terms? I had a 40% success rate in terms of repping, what happened is that I selected who I went and repped, and I can tell you that Charons with cargo expanders were not on my list.

You have to look at it in terms of a war in general, CODE is especially good at propaganda, they also use a lot of alts to post as if they are gank victims to create an image of AG. It is all part of their meta game, if you want to fall for that in the main well who am I to say.

As for salt, the plaintive cry of ā€œAG fail againā€ posted in local is salt, pure premium salt, it is hilariously funny and am I a really nasty person for suggesting that it is funny and salty? Especially when they think it annoys me for example, I love it when they say it, makes me chuckle, am I being nasty saying this now?

Was I nasty saying CODE fail again when I moved an expensive load through the pipes and did not get ganked and made sure that their failure was there for all to see? In fact I was taking the micky out of their AG fail again which they use every time they gank something even when there are no AG there, it is hilariousā€¦

It is all fun, chill pleaseā€¦

4 Likes

I just didnt think that particular way of reacting is funny.

I realise Im in the minority, and just because its offensive to me I know it wont stop anyone using it or caring.

I have always been of the opinion that antiga would be better off teaching weaker corps how to protectvtheir assests rather than try to do what they accuse others of doing immorally.

AG arent white knights, anymore than CODE are saviors of HS.

However, I would recommend they RP white knights to the hilt for PR purposes and the lols.
Also creates a convenient veil of plausible deniability should things get ugly on the CCP front, as was almost the case for CODE.

2 Likes

A bit emotional here, Salvos. I can at least speak about some of the gankers I know, and tell you that rank hatred is something that is noticeable for being absent from all their interactions with the miners/haulers. These gankers are seasoned and, usually, full-time operatives.

It is true (and I grant you this) that beginners and the immature sometimes misperceive the conflict as something requiring the investment of large amounts of negative emotion. However, as soon as they learn that itā€™s actually more important to learn mechanics, to skill, train, plan, and execute with confidence and in a controlled manner - as soon as they learn that, they find that thereā€™s really no room or need for hatred. Also, Fun and Hatred do not good bedfellows make.

Hatred arises from anger, in my experience, and anger is most certainly not to be depended upon for the successful and sustained propagation of a Highsec ganking operation. It has been said that the chemicals which flood the body of an angry person do so for about 15 seconds (now, where did I read that?). Anger can only last longer than that if the person continually feeds it by going over and over the incident which gave rise to it in hisher mind and thus re-applying the chemical flush, so to speak.

Frankly, we gankers just donā€™t have the time and, crucially, we are generally very controlled within the EVE environment. Itā€™s kind of forced upon us, and some would-be gankers simply donā€™t make it.

I canā€™t speak for ag, but it seems to me unlikely that their experience will be markedly different; the old hands will spurn anger as a motivator just as much as we do.

4 Likes

But why just react to me, is that because you think I am better than then, to turn it around a bit? I am having a laugh at times giving back to them what they give to me. It is fun, they do like the attention by the way.

Offensive, ah, why are so many people easily offended in terms of speech and robust speech at that, I had a good natured laugh and then added something about bowheads where I considered that he was not wrong.

There is a lot of education going on that you are not aware of, but there are also a lot of people who do not listen or take the risk because they do not have the time to protect themselves and suffer a loss due to it.

I have seen a few of the AG leadership post and I have not once seen them be other than factual in their posts.

1 Like

Gankers and AG alike, get equally butthurt when their plans fail.

Anger/hate is a normal human emotion, and a very powerful motivator, no matter how you veil/cut it.

I dont mind, either way, as long as content continues to be created, and rules are followed.

2 Likes

I have often seen the term white knight thrown at me, I have no idea what they are trying to say, my first port of call was opposition to gankers to make it more difficult, that was what motivated me, I cannot speak for others, but I would think that for the leadership of AG it would be pretty much the same motivation.

I did contemplate it as it was such an emotional thing for certain gankers, so it would have been interesting to play along that line, but the thing is that they use it to paint people in a negative way and most Eve players see people who are White Knights as losers, so it would reduce the people wanting to associate with AG, which is why the gankers push it. So in the end I decided that White Knight was not worth bothering with even if it was funny.

I really cannot see where CCP would get in anyway upset with the AG leadership and their play.

2 Likes

A fair post, however I just find Loyalanon an incredibly angry and bitter personā€¦

1 Like

Its clear that I do think you position yourself as better than them and so I was trying to see that.

But when you use that kind of reaction, it just stops being funny.

That may not mean anything to you but it means a lot to me and its fine for you not to care, and opinions these days are either worthless or used as facts, but I still reserve the right to express when something is said that goes beyond a bit of a joke.

I think its summarily universal that gankers see themselves as superior to AG.

Thats what makes it so funny when ganks fail due to AG intervention.

Existing mechanics also support this factually ingame, as AGs actions are largely consigned to being reactionary.

In other words, its a lot more work pulling off an AG action, than a gank action.
Which actually means AG has more to say for themselves interms of that, than gankers do.

I encourage as much antipathy as possible between the two groups, as allowed by rules, inorder to create more dynamic, visceral content.

The more combative AG and gankers are against each other, the better.

1 Like

I was only talking about his use of ā€œtriggeredā€ here, not the in game banter, just to be clear.

Like I said, I fully expect to be told to HTFU about it, but I felt compelled to express myself.

Im not in CODE, I just have perhaps more sympathy for that side than the other for various reasons but I dont try to be partisan. If it is that way, its because I, like you, have seen perhaps more rational reactions from one side than the other.

It doesnt mean that I am certain that there is a right and wrong.

1 Like