CODE. is a bad thing

This is who I think of when I think of CODE.

1 Like

Stupid threads like these. Theyā€™re a constant on the forums

I had to stop right there ā€¦

ā€¦ to tell you that you have my respect for that. Only cowards hide in tanked mining ships. Remember to mine some tanked assholeā€™s roid away to piss that peasant off for using a tanked ship instead of being a real ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  miner like we are.

Too bad me and Pedro donā€™t have the time/will to invest, otherwise weā€™d likely would have welcomed you in our corp. Yes, itā€™s an actual mining corp. Weā€™ve actually made around 18 billion from one event to the next, by mining smart.

When you got away, then you didnā€™t get ganked but ā€¦
ā€¦ Iā€™M JUST NITPICKING HERE SO IGNORE THIS LINE!

The New Order people are actually the last ā€œcasualā€ role playing, emergent gameplay entity I know of. I call it ā€œcasualā€, because the actual hard core roleplayers are all in the Intergalactic Summit.

Youā€™re doing every actual elitist a disservice by calling the behaviour of some bad apples ā€œelitistā€ ā€¦ you peasant. Thereā€™s always assholes. Some groups have more than others. They were actually far, far worse in their early days. Like, seriously, far worse.

Hell, my own alt** Solecist is a huge asshole in some way. Canā€™t keep her ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  trap shut. Sheā€™s always all over the place. Literally like ā€œDeeDeeā€ from Dexterā€™s Lab or ā€œEntraptaā€ from the new She-ra series. A wacko. Hysterical.

Then thereā€™s the fact that often they talk in a way that can absolutely infuriate people. Iā€™ve been there. Sometimes Iā€™ve been torn in between applauding them for their performance and insulting them for being small dicked wannabes. Itā€™s great stuff, really, and definitely nothing I would want to miss.

In fact, back in 2012 and before, such behaviour would often be found to be the norm. Literally the norm. Everyone was elite, because we were literally the top of the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  MMO foodchain before CCP decided to target non-casual-RPGing casuals and mainstreamers. Back then, in EVE, everyone was a role player by default. Thatā€™s just how the game worked.

Everyone was a pirate by heart, even those who never shot anyone. That was our culture and, I must say, it was extremely successfull exactly because of the darwinism.

PLEASE explain your decision to play EVE ONLINE, then, which can get your heart pumping for a multitide of reasons ā€¦ and please consider keeping that information for yourself? Iā€™m saying that worry about people who might blame themselves for accidentially killing you.

This sounds like a deranged andrenaline junkies dream. Adrenaline from potentially dieing from Adrenaline ā€¦ that sounds amazingly ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up! :smiley: What is this youā€™re having? How old are you? Usually such problems ā€œforceā€ someone to mature up real fast compared to ā€œnormiesā€ ā€¦ Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s actually reflected in your post and my initial thought was ā€œwell that explains thingsā€.

In before people declaring ā€œYou shouldnā€™t be flying a Hulk, untanked, thenā€,
not getting the point of you flying a Hulk for the little thrills you can quite literally afford to have. :slight_smile:

You have my respect.

Youā€™re saying that these people should not be allowed to be what they want to be, because of your moral ā€œcompassā€ of questionable sources, which never taught you that words do no harm.

Censorship, though, does harm. It harms everyone. The issue here isnā€™t that theyā€™re doing what theyā€™re doing, itā€™s the intolerance of those who can not deal with it. Words, especially when theyā€™re just on a screen do not do any harm. Your feelings (feelings. the ones on the inside) are yours and within your responsibility, despite what modern degenerated societies want you to believe.

If you donā€™t like their words I suggest you stop reading them, instead of wanting their freedom somehow cut down in the name of something that will not ever be worth it due to the fact that there is nothing that balances out the removal of freedom from doing things that harm no one.

What about blitz chess? :smiley:

I donā€™t understand. Someone who mines AFK isnā€™t actually roleplaying. Heā€™s not even playing. You canā€™t even ā€œroleplayā€ yourself around that by saying ā€œIā€™m the captain, the ship does it automatically so I went asleepā€ because our characters are literally the ship, united via technology.

What is bad about this?

So what?

How does that even matter?

So what?

No, it isnā€™t harmful at all. You want to hide the truth. Thatā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . Not being open and honest about it is, as a matter of fact, far far worse. If CCP kept it under wraps and silenced everyone who ever spoke out about it, then eventually there would be a gigantic backlash from the people, killing the game.

You know, some things you say make you sound like someone who canā€™t be trusted. Like, in this case, you rather want lies than the truth. You rather want silence, than openness. You rather want people to pretend that a problem doesnā€™t exist, instead of actually facing the problems.

You come across as a smart person, so I hope youā€™ll work this out. We donā€™t like censorship, we donā€™t like hiding the truth, we donā€™t like people who want to tell us that we canā€™t behave the way we do, as long as itā€™s perfectly within the rules, which it is.

If you want to know more about people who actually step over the line using words, then I suggest reading minerbumping. James posts plenty of evidence that it isnā€™t actually CODE that is crossing the line more often than not. Of course, some are literally asking for it, but that canā€™t be true for all of them.

Have a nice day.

[ insert inappropriate joke about you making sure Iā€™ll get your stuff in case your heart literally outraces you ]

**(donā€™t tell her I wrote that, sheā€™ll be pissed for a week)

3 Likes

Well thats the whole point. If someone isnā€™t AFK mining, and thats visible pretty easily when someone for example instantly answers you when you convo him/her, calling someone an AFK miner doesnā€™t make him/her an AFK miner.

Iā€™m flying a Hulk fitted for maximum yield with maximum mining boosts from nearby orcas. The time it takes for that ore hold to completly fill up doesnā€™t give you any time for being AFK. The cycles are well under a minute.
If you add times to scan new roids or old roids so you donā€™t waste mining cycles on your T2 crystals for just 10mĀ³ ore left it gets pretty busy.
Add looking for new bookmarks to move in in between, scanning local, scanning nearby space for incomming threads aka ganks and you are even busier.
When you add in flying in a mining fleet you often have new players asking questions you answer.

Well, no idea how AFK should even work than. But thats my way of mining. There might be viable ā€œsaveā€ mining tactics out there where you donā€™t have to do anything to happily mine away without playing the game. If there are donā€™t tell me, Iā€™d rather stay with my Hulks and have fun playing EVE.

I rather want lies than truth? Well I have no idea how you come to such conclusions based on my statements. I said that if someone claimed someone mining in highsec for sure has to be a bot player is basically a wrong allegation until proven and just because someone is mining in high sec surely isnā€™t an by CCP accepted prove that someone is doing misconduct under EVEs terms against using bot programs.

Iā€™m rather of the opinion that using such programs would remove the whole purpose of even playing a game since ā€¦ well you are not playing itā€¦
Iā€™m paying for my omega account with RL money. Why someone even decides to basically destroy the fun he/she is paying to have in a game is besides me. But maybe Iā€™m naive in that regard.

Iā€™m maybe mining once or twice a week when I can play that is. It would be rather senseless to waste that play time with well ā€œnot playingā€? But well I happily invite CCP to scan me while mining or any other player to chat with me while I mine to see that Iā€™m neither AFK nor using bot programms.

That you assume I donā€™t want openess but rather silence, well youā€™d be rather surprised on my political idiology on free speech than. But theres allways ranges, nothing is just black and white. Some stuff is illegal even under free speech for example wrongfull allegations of crime ā€¦ For example if the wrongfully accused person gets any harm from the kind of allegations there might be repurcussions.
Theres several special cases under different jurisdications where free speech is hampered if not totally ommited even in the free speech loving USA.
To state just one of that from US Law for an example: ā€œdefamation of characterā€ when falsly accused.
So there are limits to free speech. These limits differ greatly on topic, jurisdication, country and time of cause.

Iā€™m for example from germany where you canā€™t just do certain stuff regarding 2nd world war. Mentioning certain stuff in that regard in a certain way can get you to jail really really fast. Some may even understand why such legislature came to happen ā€¦ One can hate or love these legislatures but most people have to live with them.

Since EVE is a pretty far reaching online game itā€™s clear that the humans playing it have different views on different toppics.

I stated what I personally find offensive and what I from personal experience saw happen to new players due to stuff which happened in regard of CODE and I stated what I THINK could improve CODE.
I never stated that I doesnā€™t allow you your oppinion or that you are Wrong did I?
The OP asked for oppinions and I stated mine.

I can accept your point of view and that Iā€™m rather passionate to get new and more players into EVE should be obvious or I wouldnā€™t use this much time trying to talk with you about this stuff. It took me years to even answer once and I really hope that you donā€™t see my postings as any kind of blaming or whining, thats not my intention at all. I really like some meaningfull discussion about this whole topic without any blaming, namecalling or looking at the past.

If you are not intrested on my opinion in that regard Iā€™d happily take my leave. I donā€™t want to push my opinion down some other peoples throats. I took the OP thread as a genuine start for a meaningfull discussion.
Iā€™m not a young 16 year old buy who has to stamp his foot down when he doesnā€™t get what he wants.
I can live with the fact that we differ in our opinion and If my opinion is not welcome here just say so and I happily leave without any ill thoughts.

Honestly I canā€™t. I have worked together with countless CODE. people and they where always relaxed, well balanced and just wanted to have some fun playing the game. From the miners however we got death threats and extremely toxic behavior on a daily basis. Itā€™s almost like we always catch them in a bad mood when we gank them.

1 Like

I donā€™t care about anyones ideologies. I only care about the end results of their behaviour, not about how they interpret it. People can put labels onto themselves all they want, that doesnā€™t mean they reflect the actual real world.

When you want people to change their language for [reasons], or want them to stop talking about certain things for [reasons], then youā€™re asking them to censor themselves.

In your particular case, now, as stated by you above, these reasons are some random guy on the internet behaving like an asshole towards someone and some and some other guy talking about the very fact that there are many bots in this game, with the latter being kind of a ā€œthink of the childrenā€ thing where new players should not be told about this.

You have issues with both and youā€™d rather not have that, according to your posts.

Thatā€™s absolutely not what freedom of speech is about ā€¦
ā€¦ and there really isnā€™t any room for a differing interpretation ā€¦
ā€¦ considering that, if the situation changed towards how youā€™d want it ā€¦
ā€¦ the two above would have to be censored for [reasons].

1 Like

Prior to starting EVE, I did a lot of research of what to expect, and I kept seeing ā€œCODEā€ this and ā€œCODEā€ that, so I already knew I would eventually run into one of their agents. (spent hours reading James 315 info/blogs on minerbumping.com) When I finally did (and got ganked) i kind of shurgged it off since I knew what had happened. Like most people say, if you get your ship blown up, itā€™s most likely your own fault (mine was that I was not paying attention).

Iā€™ll give CODE this: they did make me a better defensive player and made me more aware of how the game mechanics work. Sometimes you just have to dive right into the game without a care in order for you to learn HOW the game works.

So take your CODE ganking experience like I did: learn from your attackers to be better prepared for future encounters.

Plus, give James 315 credit for the amount of loyal members he has. Not a lot of people can achieve that, no matter how weird or creepy some of the CODE agents are (or appear to be).

Cheers!

2 Likes

Other than some pretty poor voice over, what was that video even for?

3 Likes

I am ok with ganking itself.
I just think code is evil for their fascist, oppressive ways.
In fact I only got into AG scene because of learning of them and after reading their contents on website.
Being an Antifa IRL and playing as anarchist amarr traitor, code gave me an enemy to fight.
But are they a force of good?
Oh definitely not.

Code. are just mindless npcs

2 Likes

Hope you get better someday

4 Likes

I like CODE. as long as they stick to their CODE. and RP as they claim to. That can provide some content & context for the victims as well.
And if itā€™s done good, a new player wonā€™t just rage quit but ask questions and hopefully learn something from it.

You can be a decent villain in Eve but it requires some effort.

I think anything is allowed as long as you show your fellow players the respect that you expect them to give you too.
This might be a bit idealistic, but hey. Why not? . :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually why I stopped as that was not being enforced enough/at all IMO which made a lot of things counterproductiveā€¦

OK, first: CODE. is not RP. And second: Everytime some carebear sais that CODE. does not follow their own Code it turns out that the accuser hasnā€™t read the Code and makes up some provisions that are not in there. Care to demonstrate that here by telling us what they donā€™t follow in your opinion?

2 Likes

Plz be reasonable. CODE RP even when on a complete off topic thread

Code is only bad to the afk miners and bot aspirants.

To everyone else, code is good. Infact, they are your best friend.

2 Likes

CODE. does not roleplay. Itā€™s not roleplay if you actually believe James is the saviour and high king of high sec. He has an official website, irl.

2 Likes

No, I actually donā€™t care enough to elaborate. Sorry.
Just keep being a decent human being. :slight_smile:

Thank you your post is the proof I needed

Proof ofā€¦ ? CODE. not roleplaying? Yes, I suppose www.minerbumping.com is proof.

2 Likes