COMING NOVEMBER 14 HAVOC | DUST | A New First Person Shooter? 🎯

Kind of like a parrot holding a corn cob perhaps?

2 Likes

/Meow

:wink:

2 Likes

/Scratch
?

2 Likes

Did CCP learn from past mistakes this time?

We’re not getting cat ears so no scratching allowed!

/what mistakes are you referring towards there @Nabi_Kim

Besides I’m super hyped with or without mistakes as hey we Frostpackers have a saying.

high expectations are futile!

1 Like

Like making an shooter for EVE Online - a PC exclusive game - available only on a soon-to-be-obsolete console?

The director of eve admitted that was a mistake.

Currently looks like vanguards are a 4th character slot and omega clones can have them and a capsuleer on same account logged in.

I once purchased a ps4 that came with the game Grand turismo years ago and had only played that the one time before packing it away and rebuilding my pc back in 2016

Consoles are DED to me

Just FYI that is copyrighted to me as I came up with it and you have to pay a licensing fee of 1 bil ISK every time you include it in your post. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

For now the Vanguards are a 4th character on all Omega accounts, but it’s just a temporary(?) testing and feedback thing…CCP wants feedback from EVE players first.

Primary purpose of the test might be ‘Did we get the New Eden immersion right?’ followed by ‘How does it feel as a shooter?’ and maybe the always contentious ‘Where do we set the masochism slider?’

No way to tell what the final packaging of the FPS will be at this stage, prolly still working that out…but one could imagine they’d want frictionless inclusion of any New Eden vet who desires to experience the universe from planetside.

1 Like

Because we Eve players are known for our calm and considered critiques.

m

6 Likes

Tomorrow we will know more about First Strike event in December.
(Source: EVE Vanguard newsletter trolling dispatched today :wink: )

…that could start (disclaimer: highly speculative bet mind you) as soon as on 7th December when new eve launcher comes out of beta…

2 Likes

Here’s a little more info(new to me at least) reported by Biomassed

4 Likes

The First Strike anouncement email was postponed until tomorrow’s downtime when the today’s patch is reapplied successfully after resolving the whatever issue.

…apparently it was interconnected with Vanguard :sunglasses:

Source: EVE Discord Vanguard section

2 Likes

Waiting with great anticipation. :popcorn:

:smirk:

2 Likes

It’s happening on 7th December…

(oh and another NDA’ed technical stress-test on 26th November :slight_smile: before First Strike)

4 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :congaparrot: :congaparrot: :congaparrot:

Here we go lads!

This is gona be huge.

3 Likes

True, but whether it will be a huge disaster or a huge success only time will tell. :popcorn:

2 Likes

Right!? :joy: :joy:

I know I should not put this much hype into it. I am so scared if this will be a big let down.

2 Likes

Wasn’t my intention to bring you down, just my realistic side kicking in. But really even if it will be a disaster why not be hyped, the disaster will happen anyway may you be hyped or not and the success the same. Just be able to let go of the hype once reality kicks in… in case it does not meet expectations and just have a good laugh at the situation… similar to losing a ship in EVE and such. Worst case we can see the pretty fireworks together and have a good time either way. :wink:

2 Likes