Coming Soon: Metaliminal Storms in Nullsec

Wow I am sure it will be visually pretty but really why null security space? In my opinion this is a misdirected waste of resources applied to an area of the game that requires other more significant changes. Why introduce new mechanics to a region that has not asked for it? Why not tackle the inherent issues that currently exist in these regions? I have played this game for over 16 years and this proposed change is similar to the Sansha incursion mechanic and in my opinion a waste of time and annoying. Obviously I will adapt but really this will be another annoying feature in my opinion.

Disappointed :frowning:

This?

2 Likes

If the storms placement will be visable on ingame map, or at least on a 3.party website i see possible future for this, not othervise.
Also 24-48 hour movement cycle? If a stormchaser does not log in for a week or even just for 2 days the storm will be long gone.
Slower movement would make it more predictable both for those that want in and those that avoid it, im my opinion possibly leading for more content.

If you guys would ask for more changes in null then just maybe ccp will ignore you and change other sectors of space, but no all you hear about in null is blue rings and crabbing this isnt the perfect storm. “im comfortable ccp, im established ccp, my alliance is massive ccp, please please shake up my life because i am too comfy”

It would be better to first fix the problems with other parts of the game, useless “EDENCOM” ships, useless invasion that only interferes with playing, and which no one is farming, depreciated loot in the abysses, when the factional damage modules from the invasion are still overvalued, and the abyss are farmed by bots, and everything that used to be there was expensive, not worth anything. Factional wars are dead, and you breed and produce new content that is not completed yet, and then you do not develop it in any way.

3 Likes

They wouldnt be so useless with option to make them shot only one target. The damage in such case, for such option, would have to be adjusted also.

1 Like

Just use any of the many ships that already exist that deal damage to 1 target and stop suggesting a change that removes the one thing that makes these ships unique.

1 Like

The whole point of the edencom ships is that they are NOT another high alpha single target ship.

As for the map, SiSi has a Storm Modus for the ingame map.

Is pointless.

There should be option for spread dps and option for dps to one target. So 2 options, elasticity. Thats what would save the specific ship gun and ships as a platform.

1 Like

Maybe if the storm was bigger maybe it would give more leeway for Stormchasers to catch up after a break.

It would also make the storms more impactful overall.

Null sec has become bland the same thing day in and day out at least this has a chance to let exciting things happen more often.

The whole idea of the no cloaking would be to entice people who are sick of cloakers to go take advantage by being in the area, adding cloaking again would go and make that part obsolete.

Please, PLEASE, Add for all Metaliminal Stroms this Effect —> No Chan Local active in System

8 Likes

There is bonuses to the storms smart null secers will be outside doing stuff not just logging off. Only people unable to think will not even try by logging off.

Sure, only if no cloaking will also be added to every single one of them.

No, The Electrical Storm with No cloaking and No local is Good for Fair Fight

Only the mastery of the tools at your disposal will allow you to win the fight (Dscan, Combat Probe, Scout)

3 Likes

One could argue about HS, LS and WH being “the same thing day in and day out”.

There are 4 general types of storms, CCP promises to launch 2 of each type, 8 in total.

Your proposal is:

I propose to balance it out with adding no cloaking to all storms. Your answer…

Not only you are confirming that what makes a “Fair Fight” in this case is a balance between “cloaking/local and no_cloaking/no_local”, but you also proposing to implement changes that will make 3 of 4 storms not being a “Fair Fight” whatsoever (since you want only 1 of them be without cloaking).

What an absolute trainwreck.

Will there be a tool / place in the interface (like for invasions) to know the system where there are storms ?

1 Like

Sorry but my only answer will be, I am for this permanent effect ====> All Nullsec Local Blackout

But indeed, this Storm is a good compromise for a non-permanent and localized effect.

2 Likes