Coming Soon: Metaliminal Storms in Nullsec

Rewards for being in storm looks really small. Too small to chase storm for them
There is possibility to introduce a nomadic lifestyle to EVE. Don’t waste it

Wander from place to place with a storm that gives you source of profit but demands to adapt
Hundreds of gates passed behind
Hundreds of days under this cruel skies
Empires and alliances ignored
Only the Storm matters

3 Likes

Ofc it´s not the same: online numbers dropped in all nullsec regions, from Cobalt Edge to Period Basis. People were leaving to wormholes because - get this - they found whs being safer than null. Even fleet fighting died out since it became a hell of a task to collect info on enemy forces. The only ones who rejoiced were cloaky campers and small scale roamers.

But now ccp wants to implement “no cloaking” rule only on a very small areas and only for a very short time. And it causes some players to have a heart attack. Guess someones game is build solely on a ability of being invisible and picking up fights only when they want it.

Well then let other people raise their concerns about possible affects on this war. Thousands of actual people will be clashing with each other for weeks and weeks, they want to be sure that CCP will not (intentionally or not) tilt the scales of war.

I very highly doubt it is being done maliciously lol

Same here tbf

Well 2020 is already going terribly for the world… what’s one more bad idea eh?

CCP I do sometimes wonder how you are still in business…

5 Likes

Yes 

CCP at it again adding more random stuff no-one wanted.
You know there is a reason people live in null and not in WH space or constantly running abyssal sites, they don’t care or want to partake in the trig experience.

Also why add the stats of the storms only on the forum post itself? too affraid of reprocusions of players seeing it on the dev blogs?

5 Likes

You kinda ignored that it was balanced out: exotic storm have 100% warp speed bonus (perfect for tackle) and electrical is just screaming “bring combat probes!”.

Could somebody please do me a favor? Assume that I know absolutely nothing about nullsec. Pick one of these weather effects, and explain to me why somebody would actively seek them out?

The minor benefits seem completely overshadowed by the harsh drawbacks. Obviously, there will be opportunistic PVPers that go there to kill clueless fools… but will these systems be nothing but sucker traps?

4 Likes

id suggest having something on the fitting tool to simulate these effects on a fitting. I already have to tab over to pyfa to see the wormhole and abyssal effects. You can add simulated drugs and implants while your at it!

3 Likes

So…I noticed a trend that whenever a change is introduced, a lot of people start crying.

Let me ask you this:
Who the hell do you think you are in New Eden?
You are no one. This universe should not care about what YOU want.

You have the adapt and overcome the challenges of New Eden, not the universe change to accommodate your desires.

There are a lot of games out there that did exactly what their players wanted and ended up being unrecognisable and lost their identity.

So please, stop thinking you are entitled to do X, Y or want something to be Z.
No.
Adapt to the universe around you. Think. Overcome the challenges. Like it’s meant to be. This is EvE.

As for CCP, Please keep on rolling with the punches !

O7

9 Likes

well, the producer vetoed the green dress, something about the internet having a field day.

m

1 Like

You cannot report on weather in a green dress, Mike. You stand in front of a green screen. Honestly, it is hard to take you seriously sometimes.

2 Likes

And all that is made void by knowing someone is coming when they are still 5 jumps out.

niiiiiice, massive reduction in shield/armor resistances… this is genius, how long did it take you to come up with that?

2 Likes

It took a team of programmers six months.

1 Like

Exactly this. Main motto of EVE is “adapt or die”.

If you can’t be bothered to take some precautions to mitigate the effects of the storms, you do not deserve to live in 0.0.
If you cannot be bothered to adapt to dangers of 0.0 mechanics, you do not deserve to live in 0.0.
If you can’t be bothered to actively look out for enemy players, you do not deserve to live in 0.0.
If the only thing you want is to krab in peace 24/7 with capital umbrella ready for batphone, you do not deserve to live in 0.0!

1 Like

Apparently once side is entiteled to being uncatchable ouside of gatecamps and unfindable unless it desides to reveal itself but another side should not by any means detect an incomming threat.

You mean the coming 48 hour safelog after which it’s business as usual?