[Compilation] The Lore of the Triglavian Collective

The Jove disease seems to be similar to ‘Mitochondrial Dysfunction’ which can have a wide variety of effects including chronic fatigue syndrome and autistic spectrum symptoms. It could have been caused by someone deliberating sabotaging the Jove genome database. I’m still in two minds as to to whether it appeared during the Second Empire or appeared as they tried to rebuild following the shrouded days.

As for the Triglavians I can see a few possibilities for their origin, none of which are them being actual Jove.

The general concensus on those Jove Disease matters, as I recall, is that its appearance caused the societal collapse of the Shrouded Days, and that while sabotage is possible, the Jove were already trying to tamper with their own genome to eliminate certain emotions, and a state of permanent depression seems like a pretty reasonable end result if you screw that up.

As for possible Triglavian origins, the two I’d bet on are:
A) Faction within the Second Empire who resisted the Tyrants.
B) Smaller civilization, contemporary with the Second Empire, who resisted the Tyrants.

4 Likes

I can see valid explanations both ways, in that societal collapse could have been caused by a resistance war with the Tyrants, there was a significant amount of damage to outlying Jove enclaves first. Or it was due to the disease, but the disease would not really explain the evidence of warfare.

1 Like

Ytiri

This symbol is similar to the Svarog symbol

Ytiri1

There has to be a connection.

The Svarog symbol looks like three people of faith reaching upwards from the center.

tbh in all likelihood, there isn’t any connection there - each of the Clades’ insignia is based on certain symbols of Veles, Svarog, and Perun IRL. Simply having prongs doesn’t mean there’s some connection to Ytri, there’s a deeper meaning behind the chosen signs.

Top right is Svarog, bottom right is Veles, bottom left is Perun - these are some symbols in RL Rodnoverism, a Slavic faith.

Threes are a paramount-important thing to the trigs though, that’s for certain.

4 Likes

Triglavian = Forerunner/Precursor
Forerunner/Precursor = All Jove.

It was not necessary for the players to give ships, because of this, all the interest of the research is lost. I think this is the biggest mistake in Lore. Although not the first since 2015.

I have already started translating this article into Russian, for our forum. But with some changes. Maybe someone from the RU community will be interesting.
The previous articles were interesting.

3 Likes

There are six different civilizations/sub-civilizations that count as Precursors in the EVE Lore. The main candidates are the Talocan and Jove, but the Sleepers, Takmahl and Yan Jung count too, and now you can add the Triglavians. We aren’t even sure the Triglavians are descended from the Jove…

As a related opinion, I think the way the the Precursor skills were implemented was… questionable. To me, the only reason to call them “Precursor” skills instead of “Triglavian” skills is so CCP can add shiplines from other Precursor civilizations later without adding unique skill lines for each.

5 Likes

Yeah, what Aiden says here - the designator “precursor” is intended to apply to all of the possible precursor tech we’ll eventually see.

As for HOW that works: Triglavian tech and mechanics are HIGHLY adaptable. It’s entirely reasonable to suggest that their “skillbooks” include info on more than just Trig/Sleeper/Jove specializations, especially if they learned anything from either Talocan or Yan Jung tech as well before descending into the Abyss aboard their Kitzeh.

2 Likes

Still, exploring the Triglavian would be much more interesting without access to their ships.

1 Like

Pretty sure CCP outright said that was why.

I just received a very interesting message from one of my Semiosis Conduction Consoles. It brought me to a video. I haven’t been following this whole thing particularly closely so I figure the people here can do more with it than I

QUNUSU9OIFBBVFRFUk4gVVBEQVRF
Sent: 2019.06.19 18:47
To: Shirou Emiyaa,

https://web.ccpgamescdn.com/fiction/eveonline/Triglavian/adrndr5.mp4

1 Like

Check this thread. [ARC] Semiosis

It’s Kitezh by the way, not “Kitzeh”. Just as a side note.

3 Likes

Right you are, forgive the typo~

Going deeper on that name: Kitezh is the name of a mythological city in Slavic history that, when threatened by the Mongols, declined to put up any defenses at all. Instead, its inhabitants all prayed for salvation. The entire city then dove beneath the waters of Lake Svetloyar, preserving it from the invaders.

This is a very poignant myth to relate to the Trigs, as they absolutely originate from outside the Abyss. When threatened by their “Ancient Enemy” they likely boarded these Kitezh-class World Arks and submerged their civilization in the unreachable depths of Abyssal Deadspace.

The Xordazh-class Ark is based on the original Kitezh design, with an added conduit gate.

6 Likes

I have taken some images of the World Ark in Gisleres where two Vargurs were easily outgunning everything that the World Ark was throwing at them.

Capture2

Capture3

2 Likes

I do know one thing. Miners had better get to the Foothold systems that have Sealed Major Conduits.

The wealth made from Ravokene is the best next thing to being in Null and mining Mercoxit.

What does the lore say about resources that the Triglavians use?

Lore says: We haven’t got a single clue what the Triglavians use out in the Abyss, other than the special elements we get from their ships, but if Ravokene is coming through from the Abyss, it may be safe to assume they just use that.

Triglav:

Svarog (creation), Perun (Law of Rule) and Svyatovit (light)
Triglava:

… bow before Triglav!
So we started,
they praised great glory to him,
Svarog - Grandfather of the Gods praised,
what awaits us.
Svarog - the eldest God of the Family of God
and kind of everything - forever spouting spring …
And to the God of Thunder, to God of Perun,
God of battle and struggle …
And to Sventowito we are the glory of reclie
He is both Rights, and Show God!
We sing songs to Him, because Sventovit is the Light.

Svarog

God created and Blue Svarga - a country in the sky…

Zorya

Oh yeah … Zorya two:

оne precedes the sunrise, the other accompanies it in the evening.

Perun

Veles

With the first two everything is clear, But Veles. Not relevant here. The fact is that he is a god, learning the basics of life. People learned to overcome difficulties and appreciate happiness. “The love that moves the sun and the lights”

4 Likes

A new Triglavian “Member Corp” has been added in game called “The Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle”

“The Convocation of Triglav Outside the Struggle appears to be a central organizing body for the Triglavian Collective. Data recovered from Triglavian structures and wreckage indicates that the Perun, Svarog, and Veles Clades are all represented in the Convocation.”

Well it seems to confirm what we already suspected (unless the game corp description is a red herring)

Interestingly in the factions tab both the rogue drones and the Triglavians headquarters seem to be in the New Eden system, but I am guessing that is just a placeholder.

5 Likes

UPDATE: Overhauled the post again.

Added new story sections, added racial info, moved all records to second post, and more: I hope to maintain this as a comprehensive lore source for info on the Triglavian Collective~

EDIT:

Another update, I’ve reorganized and added EVERYTHING to the second post in terms of information/data/records/videos/lexicon for the Triglavians~

3 Likes