Complaint regarding potential over moderation of the IGS in-character forum

@CCP_Falcon

I am directing this to yourself, Falcon, because I honestly have no other way I know of to contact you regarding specific moderation of Nauplius’ recent posts to the IGS forum.

He has been a staunch creator of RP content for a while now. As far as we ( those involved in the RP) are concerned, nothing has been done that’s out of the ordinary for his character.

By deleting the posts, the moderators have removed RP content that is currently in progress and sparked the person behind Nauplius to leave the game, which is a shame because he has provided a rather delightful villain over the past years.

With RP already in a rocky state, I would like to formally state that I feel this is unacceptable. We, the community, would like to be advised as why this has happened. I think we are owed this much.

Respectfully,

Lasairiona Raske

15 Likes

I agree with this post and its contents.

4 Likes

Seconded. Or thirded.

4 Likes

I don’t think fourthed is a word but that’s what I’m doing I guess.

4 Likes

Bump bump. Absolutely.

3 Likes

I agree. The mods are targeting the wrong posts.

4 Likes

Hear, hear!

2 Likes

Seems it got undeleted.

edit: https://twitter.com/CCP_Falcon/status/949289539591393281

lol.

4 Likes

I agree with the sentiments above.

The RP of Nauplius is great content creation for the RP players of EVE - not all content has to be ships exploding.

2 Likes

I actually responded to this on twitter, and backstage.

The removal of this thread was entirely my fault, hit the button to remove the whole thread rather than a post from it by mistake.

It’s been restored now :slight_smile:

Ironic, considering I’m often contacted by people complaining that I don’t moderate enough, when people are playing hard lined characters with strong beliefs that rustle people’s sensitive jimmies.

:wink:

8 Likes

I feel like maybe that should have a big confirmation button or something.

This is why Discourse must be destroyed.

5 Likes

No, it was just me being dumb.

All good, no panic.

:ccpfalcon:

2 Likes

That’s good. Thank you for your prompt (if mildly snarky) response. Certainly there are times where moderation is lacking, but I think this one genuinely perplexed us.

Kind regards, etc.

1 Like

It’s warm fuzzies to see the community closing ranks, though, even if it’s over a slightly over-interpreted case of butterfingers. :sparkles: :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Any chance Nauplius’s previous thread on his publishing clearing house could also be restored to the forums?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.