[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 15 September 2021

14 Likes

I guess it just makes me angry that they had every opportunity to take feedback from the test server into account but chose to ignore it. They could also have improved the system we had which was fully functional and nice and compact but instead chose to rewrite it completely to take up huge amounts of screen real estate.

The old system had pretty much everything you needed at your fingertips but the new one requires loads of extra clicking an scrolling just to find things (when it works). Itā€™s like someone that had never played Eve sat down and tried to make a UI for the skill system. Itā€™s literally and objectively horrible beyond my ability to describe.

6 Likes

Iā€™m actually pretty new to EVE, 3 or 4 months (I think) but I personally donā€™t like the new skill set up. Been trying to understand it for over an hour with no luck. My current skills seem to be training just fine, however, when they are done in 30 days or so, I have no idea how to start more skills. And people keep popping up asking for ISK in trade for civilian modules. Is this part of the new skill set up? And yes, I did talk on the in game Help channel about all of this, they just told me Iā€™m not paying attention to their answers. Any way, I hope there are some people that can figure out the new skill set up and have fun. My OMEGA runs out in about 1 year, will decide then if I will stay or delete EVE. Maybe by then I will have figured this out. I apologize if this is an inappropriate post, not my intention to do that. Thanks for listening.

1 Like

help. not sure how to post issues. My character sheet with portrait is gone. I get the old char sheet, missing first page. thereā€™s no arrow to access portrait. thanks

i tried relaunch everything, still same. other character works fine, just this one has problems

Please make old skill UI toggleable to previous version. The new UI has itā€™s angles but it is off putting by the amount of screen it takes. Playing for 2 weeks now and can say the old UI looks better. They are easier to browse when doing micromanagement. thanks.

2 Likes

I had to manually delete my cache folder to get mine to work. I did this by closing all open clients and then going to ā€œC:\Users\You\AppData\Local\CCP\EVE\c_users_you_eve_sharedcache_tq_tranquilityā€ and then right-clicking on the cache folder and deleting the whole thing. DO NOT DELETE THE SETTINGS FOLDER or you will say bad words when you log back in and all your windows are reset.

2 Likes

worked. thanks much for the prompt reply. you guys are great. keep it up

The new skill browser is terrible, this reminds me of the abortion that was Walking In Stations. Please CCP reverse your bad decision with the skills browser.

4 Likes

What exactly is the point of the UI changes, isnā€™t progress what one aspires to?

1 Like

Letā€™s be honest. The new changes are nothing to do with you, the established players. CCP thinks by making these changes and making the game easier to work out, they may be able to hold onto these Alpha accounts that have been going stagnant. For every 6 that go active 1 goes to Omega, so they are hoping that more will convert with this new guidance system. They donā€™t care about you guys, you are already invested, so donā€™t worry about complaining, they donā€™t care :slight_smile:

3 Likes

CCP what have you done? This new interface is terrible. Let us opt out of this please. This is clunky and no amount of getting used to it will make me happy. GO back to what we had if it is working do not break it which you did. BAD BAD BAD!!

2 Likes

Come and take it. Whining? About the changes to the skill UI? Thatā€™s not whining, itā€™s legitimate criticism(which they asked for under the umbrella of feedback). This strikes me as ā€œchange is goodā€ CCP bootlicking.

4 Likes

They have to start improving before they can continue.

2 Likes

Whether it is the test server or the CSM, I have always been surprised that CCP will usually continue to deploy a new feature/gameplay without taking in any opinions/criticisms and modifying their initial work. Guess the test server is simply a software debugger and the CSM is either ignored or complacent in some recent changes. Based on some of the gameā€™s QA issues, even the debug aspect is suspect.

2 Likes

Skill pane reversal, awesome!

Please, revert character sheet. New one is just awful.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll live with the vertical character sheet, but the skill sheet makes some of the things I do more cancer. Iā€™d like to opt out. God bless if youā€™d like to keep the ā€œbeta.ā€

1 Like

Also with the new skill browser, you have taken the functionality away of been able to hover over the skill and seeing how long it has to train, all in all a train wreck.

4 Likes

The new skill interface is terrible. In the Russian interface, the section names do not fit into the selection fields. What was stopping you from adding learning plans to the old interface with a popup?

4 Likes