[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 15 September 2021

If you are really interested in improving better, make it possible to add points of unallocated experience to the skill that is being taught. It is not clear why he should be stopped for this. And make a separate bookmark or button for training plans if anyone needs it.

1 Like

why would something that works stagnate ???

3 Likes

The UI dev needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel. The UI for Eve is pretty much as good as it will ever be; changing it to attempt to keep newer players will only cause older players; the ones with LTV, to leave.

I still use the ā€œOld Mapā€ because the new one is not as cut and dry as the old one. If given the option I would opt out of this garbage new character sheet because who needs to see their character model anyways? The only model that really matters is that of the spaceship one flies.

3 Likes

^^^^ This!
I understand that youā€™re trying to improve on the NPE but please try to make a button in the general TAB where we can choose from this ā€˜new and much improvedā€™ skillplanning sheet and the old one that existed before that TYVM.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll just echo what have already been said; The new NPE is absolutely amazing and beautiful. Just wow! I played for many years and I loved it so much.

A million thumbs up :+1: Good job!

This new UI is like wearing your underpats upside down and reversed.
Please try to wear them like that, and if its comfortable, please let us know.

We are not afraid of change, we are afraid of bad changes.
New patches/Updates should not be focused on fixing what they have broken in the previous one, but unfortunatly, that is EXACTLY what they are doing for the past several years.

We need to not encourage them to do this.
If they revert the UI, this shows that at least they, somehow, read all the negative feedback on the forums and reddit, and maybe they care a bit (???)

4 Likes

2 out of 3 aint bad, right?

5 Likes

It there a restore function to get the OLD skilling UI back ???
I hate the new one

3 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about the extended downtime because youā€™re reverting the skill queue system, really appreciated! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

pls give option to hide character pic
it feels like you donā€™t take any feed back from usā€¦

3 Likes

Anyone else excited about the long downtime? Will they revert the char screen/will they not? I bet they will not :slight_smile:
I wish you the best of luck.

1 Like

The ā€˜newā€™ skill sheet is a devolution to a pre-1984 'Black Cave Interface"! Itā€™s the cheapest, laziest form of text-only interface that Iā€™ve seen since the eighties, and both, whoever submitted it as their five minutes worth of ā€œWorkā€, and whoever accepted it as worthy of inclusion in New Eden, should be terminated with prejudice! It will NOT help newbies to force them to READ all those complicated words, nor is it in ANY way intuitively assistive!

I canā€™t believe CCP is trying to foist text-only lists like this off on itā€™s participants! (And whoever chose the vertical column, instead of progressively side-to-side alphabetization has gotta go TOO! What part of Human Interface Design did they skip in school? ALL OF IT!)

Constructively speaking, CCP has the Ship Tree and Activity Tracker code libraries, which if applied to the task of more intuitively presenting the Skill choices would be infinitely more relationally informative of the abilities with which they empower capsuleers! It would also be a nearly trivial matter to produce a ā€˜state-reflectiveā€™, ā€œholographicā€ Capsuleer ā€œBrain Modelā€ which progressively lit up as skills were learned, included Attributes along with ā€œImplantsā€ and intuitively revealed their effects, and could be time-slid to show progress and selected development paths.

Instead, CCP leaps thirty five years backwards, and gives us a text-only MUD, with SQL view boxes straight out of the basic example suites!?!?!?!? I have but one word to describe this, and itā€™s UNACCEPTABLE!

3 Likes

PLEASE give back the normal Interface new one is atrocious!!

1 Like

I AGREE!!! We are nothing to them

1 Like

a BILLION Thumbs DOWN ! lol totally sucks

2 Likes

Once you figure out HOW to get your Floating Personal Skill window open, things are not so bad with the new UI. Only real bothers are the huge buffer between skill list and skill training queue (prolly a multi-pane default setting wrong in the code) and the lack of small things like the time to train the next level on the skill list and a much needed SP to train the next level. The format does seem to have some other wasted space, but it is a lot easier to read than the old UI. Iā€™ll NEVER use the plans, though, so a lot of work that has no meaning to me, really.

Next time, please post a simple Users Guide the day of the change. Lotā€™s of angst in every rollout to any group of Users for such an important change.

Great Idea. Problem is A. They do not listen to us. B. They do not care.

4 Likes

The problem is COMPLEX, Balcor! CCP has lost itā€™s VISION, and as exemplified by the new skill list, isnā€™t CRITICALLY AWARE of what ISNā€™T acceptable as being ā€œAll Goodā€ anymore, BUT, as is the case with corporations, can not accept advice, because its lawyers wonā€™t let it. However, what CCP SHOULD DO, is post a ā€œLegal Disclaimer/Rights Transferā€ form, under which contributions COULD be submitted! That way, someone like me, could present them with a combinetric CAD model suite of something like the Capsuleer Brain Iā€™ve suggested, for their consideration, with no strings, and no obligation, nor exposure risks for CCP, attached.

1 Like

i joined like a week or 2 ago, and i LOVED the old skill UIā€¦ this new one is a little odd to me but i guessā€¦ please bring back the old UI, new players will find it A LOT easier to use, instead of this new setup

4 Likes

Good day, everyone. The extended maintenance is underway. Please be advised that our services will be offline for the most part. We will keep you posted on the progress as we go. Thanks!