[COMPLETED] Extended Downtime Notification - 3 November 2021

im a crybaby at the min lost 2 ship just before downtime :sob:

Nice try. That does not work. How many interruptions can you tolerate. I suppose if you want to be used and abused by substandard IT practices, you get want you want.

1 Like

Actually, this is patently falseā€¦ from downed lines to turning off a cell tower so a worker can safely climb up and change the flashing red bulbs, or your ISP turning the servers off a couple hours every month to blast them with an air dusterā€¦
routine outages are exceedingly common, and are NEVER compensatedā€¦ you probably donā€™t even notice that your internet is turned off 2 hours a month because they do it late at night

even google has to turn their servers down and dust the hardware out every month (though google has several hubs, so the most you see from that is a couple hours of really slow results)

maintenance is a thingā€¦ and if you donā€™t take a can of air and blow out your PC once a month to get rid of dust, it will gradually lose performance from what it originally had. you might blame this on software, but its actually caused by the dust buildup which causes minute interference (like static on a radio station that isnā€™t quite clear)

1 Like

LMFAO you are so emotionally hurt by this downtime you should get a therapist on CCP dime

2 Likes

You are quite correct friend. Except like you said, interruption of services are minimal. Not like here happening weekly or daily. One other thing, Blowing dust out of your computer or brushing it out can also be dsastrous as it leads to static discharges that fry components, so beware of that practice.

Thatā€™s why I use a firehose.

Use a blower from a distance, not brush the thing. How do you think we keep our GPU compute farms clean?

What you donā€™t want to do is peel those sticky labels off (fire hose may help here though).

Good point! CCP I would like 15min added to my hypernet listing

Itā€™s not often we get to see the Dunning-Kruger effect in living color like this.

gosh, look at all these message bots in this topic. so many 5 minutes old characters all saying the same thing about legit complaints. It almost feels like the FRT bots have broken free from the game due to the long DT to find a new activity for themselves. :joy:

i bought 15400 plex last month. it was delivered to my main char as expected, but the same amount were
also in my second account, ofc i used them in both accounts, what happens is that my creditcard was debeted twice and plex was withdrawn, that proves that you as a player(criminal or not) are beeing cheated. was it my fault that their automative system failed??? I am beginning to think this game is constructed by criminals for criminals !!!

LMAO at people with obvious EVE Online addiction requesting a compensation. LOLOLOLOL. Seriously?

You have the skill queue (and remember this was not a feature back in the days). No need for extra skill points. Makes no sense.

You a miner and want a full veldspar cargohold because of the extra 15 minutes lost? LOLOLOL. You have 50b ISK you dont need 50.005b ISK you will be OK.

When I worked for Boeing industries, research was conducted on thousands of nodes and computers uptime was tracked over years. It was discovered that no matter how dirty a computer got, it would operate longer and be more useful if it was left alone. When it was cleaned, components invariably failed immediately or soon after. It was better to leave the beast be, and replace components as they failed, like fans.

1 Like

Tried hitting F5 repeatidly?

I donā€™t think I want to be in a Boeing waiting for components to fail.

Funniest thing said all day :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have any links to this research? Iā€™m seriously asking for my real life.

I only speak from personal experience. That is proprietary data that Boeing possesses and would probably only release to you of you wish to buy.

Or supoeaned by the NTSB

Right on. Wasnā€™t sure if they had published in any journals or anything. Thanks.

Maybe they should install a voice box to the ā€œclusterā€ and put a 9000 on the box.