Confirmation Code required each time I log in

Hi there,

every time I log in the launcher, I’ll have to enter username, password and a confirmation code sent via email. It’s heavily uncommon so I suspect something’s gone wrong.

Can one help me out?

ThX

Your avatar looks suspiciously honest. That’s why they require the code each time.

2 Likes

If you don’t make use of 2-factor authentication via the Google Authenticator app, CCP force multi-factor authentication on you by adding in a verification code.

It is part of ensuring that your account is less likely to be hacked and your skillpoints extracted and sold on the market.

If you don’t want to check your email when you login, then best to activate 2FA on your account. It is activated through your account settings on the website.

1 Like

LMAO :laughing:

if you save account info on PC - you dont have to enter verification code every time (saved info expires after you dont login for some extended time). It is completely different story if you have dynamic IP or use VPN/Proxies.

Simply pin your account in the launcher - that will let the launcher trust that computer and you shouldn’t need to enter credentials again on that machine.

The trust relationship is occasionally broken by updates to the launcher but it rarely happens in my experience.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.