Congratulations, EVE Online! 40k+ Players Online!

Get back to us when you realise that 63,170 was a record achieved via an event, not normal login patterns; as such it is an outlier and irrelevant.

*accounts.
How many 10-25 man input-broadcast fleets, both pve and pvp?
How many alphas?

You say 40k. I bet ~15k individual humans.

No it wasn’t an event, it was a Sunday night in January 2011

Ahh I was getting confused with the anniversary celebrations that set the current PCU record in 2013.

It was still somewhat of an outlier though, those sort of numbers only happen rarely in Eve.

Lets not confuse covid lockdown with any real desire to play Eve again. It is sheer boredom driving those numbers and ZERO things to do with CCP.

1 Like

You are probably right about that. At least a large part of the increase of the last few weeks can be attributed to people having to stay home.

I have to agree. My friends and me are returning temporarily. Reason: sheer boredom outside.

1 Like

before the lock down i was playing another game talking about how there was less then 80 people on the server at anyone time, once the lockdown hit we jumped to 400+ on the server leaving no where to go make money or experience

1 Like

The lockdown may be the cause, but that doesn’t mean that people will necessarily give up Eve as soon as the lockdown ends.

Yes they will, the game isn’t that good right now. We will see less than 5k online once the lock downs lift and China bans games.

1 Like

Yes, you’re right. The whole damn industry transitioned into a free to play business model exactly because these people never spend a single unit of currency on the game they play. Ever. You, Sir, are not just well educated, you definitely are a master mind of epic proportions.

1 Like

When people are stuck at home because of CORONAVIRUS they will play anything.
It will be short lived then back to old numbers

Dunno about that, it can come down to how they find engaging content to participate in. As a freeform MMO the lack of things to do comes from people not thinking organically enough. If nothing else all these newbies should get pressured in to joining a FW corp so they can just log in. Maybe it takes some rich guy willing to lose 100 bil in cheap cruisers to keep a few dozen newbies around but that could be all it takes. Daily fleets and free ships don’t hurt anyone.

“OMG, a red light!!! We’re all gonna DIE!!! Oh, my bad, that’s just the microphone for the cabin.” BTW, me and my co-pilot had the fish.

It won’t last, as most of us are going to quit.

20k of alphas :slight_smile: not bad

The spike will be in may, thats because Covid will be the most spread around the world then.

I see you are a man of culture.

Good riddance.

Yes EVe’s concurrent average is up because people finall realized that Code, James 3:15 and mindless ganking of newbs is the future of eve.

Also, the concurrent count hasn’t pushed 40 k since — couldn’t b e because people are on lock down and are trying old/new things.

1 Like