Congratulations Intaki!

The practice of capitalism is a noble thing. The ability to provide for oneself and not be too much of a burden for everyone else is even more commendable.

But practicing capitalism like it is the only thing in life worth doing distorts principles of harmonious and humane life. Reduces everything to its tangible value forfeits non-material value making everything look straight and bleak and mercilessly punishes less capable and unfortunate making them into things the corporation can do as it pleases with.

Making capitalism into de-facto state religion and establishing de-facto religion state is something that distinguishes it from the way of the Federation.

The multifaceted nature of the Federation full of contrasts and social tensions admittedly make it look less organized, disciplined and more willful than The State or The Empire. Which leads to any decision making errors causing the outcry in neighboring realms. Free press is free to cover it and broadcast is far and wide from Delve to Cobalt Edge. While what is done is State stays the corporate secret and what is done in The Empire never happened unless Emperor wishes it to be known.

So everyone see the only sinner left is the Federation.

I would like to recall for everyone involved this whole discussion started because I questioned sincerity of State citizen @Kitaula_Kuusa_Jouhinen towards Intaki People, claiming they will suffer more in union withe the Federation. Mocking them for their gullibility and democratic decisions.

Just for the record, pilot? Sheā€™s with the Serpentis. She seems to still have some State loyalties and Iā€™m not in a position to question them (I used to be with the Cartel, even if I canā€™t remember that time anymore), but her perspective is ā€¦ barbed (even envenomed?), in a way most Caldariā€™s wonā€™t be.

1 Like

I never made an equal sign between serfdom and slavery. I clearly see the difference. Although being a serf (or becoming one by giving up your own sovereignty) is not same but also not so far (in my opinion of course, how else could it be, isnā€™t it? ) from living in slavery.

Will your mistress return your independence and dismiss you from your duty when you request it of her?

Um. Funny you should ask: yes. I can leave her service after giving one monthā€™s written notice.

Her idea, not mine. Iā€™d call it clever if I thought she intended it to be: by including that term she all but guarantees Iā€™ll never use it.

I impore you to actually spend some time among the Caldari before making any more ignorant statements like this. I mean that in the classic sense that you simply donā€™t know what your talking about because your uneducated about the subject.

My father was a traditionalist but I didnā€™t even know what it was to be ā€˜Caldariā€™ until I moved to the State. You donā€™t know our customs, you donā€™t understand our Way and you donā€™t appear to care to take responsibility for your own nations belligerence.

Iā€™m still paitently waiting for a response to how the Federation has treated my people for generations on Caldari Prime.

1 Like

Also? Not a serf. Far as Iā€™m aware I am not inheritable or saleable even along with a parcel of land. My oath, and therefore bond, is personal, not, like, land-related.

(Also, Directrix Phonaga is not a lord-- that is, a Holder. Thatā€™s actually a kind of important distinction; a commoner can get into pretty hot water posing as a noble.)

1 Like

Well, good news! The State doesnā€™t do that. The State recognizes the value of art and culture, places a strong emphasis on character and personal integrity, and generally requires capitalism to conform to those standards, rather than insisting that personal integrity, honor, honesty, and virtue be compromised for the sake of capitalist efficiency gains.

The State has not made capitalism into a de facto state religion. The State has made The Caldari State, as the collective aggregate of the Caldari people, the de facto state religion.

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Here, pull the other leg.

The Federation likes to talk about ā€˜free pressā€™ a lot, but whenā€™s the last time the Federal press covered the illegal POW black sites that the Federal intelligence apparatus operates in Black Rise, and the war crimes committed on Caldari POWs there? Why didnā€™t the ā€˜free pressā€™ uncover the Federationā€™s use of EDENCOM to spy on the State? Thereā€™s more, but letā€™s just start with those.

1 Like

The violence was a result of caldari megacorporations secrecy and directly started by your people sinking undersea city of Nouvelle Rouvenor populated by half a million. The majority of civilians from Caldar Prime were offered evacuation services. Those who declined to leave did this at their own peril, when the planet became a war zone for eighty years. I condemn, even the occasional, violence toward civilians resulting from federal activity in contested territories.

The comparisons between the system of control that is leveraged over the Stateā€™s populace and the institution of slavery, chattel or Imperial, is quite frankly ridiculous. Iā€™m not sure how this came about but there are far better ways to challenge or draw attention to the injustices of the State than to draw a false equivalence or declare a comparison. It is disrespectful and quite frankly insensitive to the generational suffering inflicted upon the thousands of millions still held in bondage across New Eden.

It is not uncommon for pilot-captains on this august forum to talk knowingly about the State without having the most basic knowledge of itā€™s society, having never experienced itā€™s way of life (thankfully) or studied it from those that have. However, a lot of people have experienced the effects of the Stateā€™s actions either personally or to those that they care about, and it is not surprising that they have a condemning attitude towards it. Misinformed comments aside.

Itā€™s just as well that the discussion surrounding the State has to hijack a thread about Intaki, which I suppose just exposes how much the average commentator here actually cares about the place, despite the malicious intent of the original thread poster.

Shameful, really.

If the (un)free press didnā€™t covered it how do you know of this?

This canā€™t be a response in good faith, or do you really not know who was responsible for Nouvelle? and are you seriously implying that the actions of those few are reason enough for the next two hundred years of violence and discrimination against the remaining population of Caldari Prime? Youā€™ve yet to actually comment on that still, by the way.

Thatā€™s a funny way of saying forced from their homes or face subjugation by a foreign power.

Then do it here. Condemn the Federation for itā€™s unlawful invasion of another nations sovereign home world and the subsequent stripping of rights and property of its remaining inhabitants and then continuing that policy for the next two centuries. Maybe then we can actually have a genuine discussion about the rights of others.

To be fair, this thread was never really about the Intaki. It was about the Federation and its treatment of member states. Which falls pretty squarely in line with alot of whatā€™s been discussed.

2 Likes

Well, letā€™s seeā€¦

In the first case, because Caldari pilots have found those black sites while running missions in Black Rise, and they made it public knowledge.

In the second, because Matari agents for the RSS uncovered evidence of the Amarr doing the same thing, and when that was brought before CONCORD, the fact that both expansionist powers were using EDENCOM in this way came to light.

You mean a thread about a Serpentis being snarky?

1 Like

The Templis Dragonaurs are Caldari in about the same way the Blood Raiders or Equilibrium of Mankind are Amarr.

It was regarded as caldari when those events transpired. And as of today the group has still influence and agents within the State.

Of course it does-- as your own society still has fascist elements (the U-Nats), true?

Look into the history of the Templis before you declare them and the State in any way synonymous or equivalent. In some sense, yes, they represent traditional Caldari values. In the name of those values, they waged war on the State in the Waschii Uprising, and in general for centuries have caused all kinds of problems. Tibus Heth even turned out to be one.

Theyā€™re one of the reasons we canā€™t have nice things, even as things are. If youā€™re going to lay their doings at the Stateā€™s feet forever youā€™re playing directly into their hands.

They WANT you to think all Caldari are like that. It makes it easier to persuade Caldari that all Federals are the enemy and that youā€™ll never stop unless and until the last of you stops breathing.

Remember who the Caldari mostly care about, and youā€™ll see the logic theyā€™re going for. Are you sure you want to help them?

Careful, Aria. Youā€™re spitting more truth than you intend.

Hmm ā€¦ no, donā€™t think so.

Twisted, murderous distortions of the parent civilization: heresies, for the more religious; appalling, embarrassing fools, maybe, for the secular.

Iā€™ve never hidden my impression that the EoM and Sabik are in some sense natural, but corrupt, outgrowths of certain aspects of Amarrian culture and faith, Arrendis. Itā€™s what makes them heretics to begin with.

You see them as corruptions, I see them as just not bothering to hide it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.