Connectivity issues on 28 July

restart PC resolved for me

Canā€™t log in through my Steam Account and have tried multiple ways listed within the forums and reddits. This issue is barring access to the game on all formats of login. A reboot might solve the trick.

cant log for over an hour now get the socket is closed after character connection have restarted computer twice hasnā€™t helped

I and a few of my corp mates restarted our computers and it works for us.

I do expect equal refund.

Funny, CCP does expect you to have read the EULA. Even if you didnā€™t, you accepted it. Deal with it.
Anyway, youā€™ve got plenty of time now for reading;-)

Reboot didnā€™t work for me, I get past character selection but am left with a black screen. Task manager shows the task as though it is running normally though.

im having issues also but i have restarted my pc and it did not help i agree with Darius Montari about rebooting the servers or is this some kind of ddos attak?

Yeah not working - UK based - Tried all of the above and then some

Restarting fixed it for me.

Restarting doesnā€™t help in my case, tried again just now, the problem persists.

1 Like

no changeā€¦socket still closing at character select

Restarted, Tried to log Alpha and it failed. Tried to log Omega and it worked. I think the earlier attempt to log on my Omega made EVE think my Omega was still logged. Cleanly logged off Omega, was able to log in Alpha.

What to do FC? Socket wonā€™t openā€¦lul

Restart fixed it for me.

i canā€™t log in the gameā€¦ after DT for 1 hour.
i can see launcher window in tranquility, but play button does not reactive.
what is the problem?

Iā€™m also experiencing this issue. I cannot reach the character selection screen and am getting an error saying that either I donā€™t have internet access (obviously not true), the server isnā€™t online (not true, as some are able to log in) or that Iā€™m using the incorrect port. Iā€™ve tried the following to no avail:

• Restarting PC
  • Clearing cache
  • Editing prefs.ini to change network port from 26000 to 3724 (as directed in an official EVE forums thread)

Any other suggestions? Seems like a lot are having the issue with ā€œSocket Closedā€. Anyone else having this variant?

I cant even log into the support page. Getting on the test server isnt a problem but tranq. wont even launch

Iā€™m not even making it to the character selection screen at this time. I am getting a notice that says Iā€™m not connected to the internet or the port number was wrong.

burn test jita!

i have a computer on each network port, still not workingā€¦cant add my accounts since the disappearedā€¦