08 Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Guided Missile Precision GP-803
09 Zainou ‘Gnome’ Shield Operation SP-903
10 Zainou ‘Deadeye’ Rapid Launch RL-1003

Was this post helpful?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters
2 Likes

Well, that’s one hell of a passive tank you got there, using short range Torps definitely put’s you right in the middle of the Hornet’s nest.

I’m not familiar with FOB’s or the EWAR associated with them but wouldn’t doing ‘Kite’ action from like 100km with long range Cruise Missiles help reduce incoming DPS and EWAR? The fit might not need to be 100% Cap stable if you maintain distance from the Rat Pack with a MJD mod. Maybe replace some of the Shield Power Relays with some BCS mods to increase Missile DPS. A Damage Control mod would definitely help increase your EHP’s / Resistance stats without affecting Cap.

1 Like

The FOB tower itself neuts very heavily (at least until it caps itself out) I haven’t come across any solo boat that can survive with an active fit. You are capped out within moments and then the defense fleet kills you.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t say anything about having an active tank. Guess a MJD is an active mod when it’s on but it doesn’t perma-run…

None of the mods in the fit does anything for Cap. They’re all strictly shield regeneration, definitely needed due to parking right next to the FOB / Rat Pack spawn point. I’m sure having higher shield resistance would definitely help reduce incoming damage.

Anyway, guess it doesn’t really matter since he currently has a fit that works…

1 Like

Don’t try to solo these FOB’s.

If the hauler comes in after you’re already disrupted it will spawn a wave that’s impossible to tank. There are just too many factors involved. CCP wants us to use fleets. Plain and simple.

I give up.

NO! You come back there with an alt fleet and do it!

Like CCP wanted! Like a pro!

You did not failed, you discovered a way of not succeeding. Keep trying.

o7

1 Like

I saw a kill mail of a FOB with a solo Paladin, I was like WTF…, that fit must be special and a half. I mailed you the killmail in game because it is not fair to expose this to everyone .

However I am not sure that this was a true solo because you have to have another account that keeps the hauler spawn occupied. Still impressive, would like to play with this myself on SISI…

1 Like

I’ve killed at least a dozen solo. One ship, one account. (Hauler alt) The problem is, the FOB’s that I’ve killed aren’t worth the ships I’ve lost. Not even close. 3 x 1.7b = 5.1b. Realistically, I only make about 100m on each FOB.

I sorta remember seeing a post basically saying you attack the Hauler when it’s in the belt, it’ll warp off to a safe spot and you warp out while the Hauler spawn warps in, then you scan down the Hauler in it’s safe spot, warp to it, kill it and bookmark the wreck, then go attack the FOB…

EDIT:
Or maybe it was just for the regular Mining Fleets, can’t remember exactly which one it was…

3 Likes

The hauler is fine…I think shooting it was a mistake.

Is this information out there somewhere?

You want to kill the hauler if it indocks in from the fob you will get a double spawn

2 Likes

I think the Hauler is supposed to be attacked when it’s in the belt, making it warp to a safe spot while a reinforcement fleet warps in. Guess when the Hauler warps to the safe spot, that’s the time to warp out and attack the FOB, then the Hauler won’t show up and call in it’s own fleet.

Anyway, I don’t exactly know for sure, just vaguely remember reading a post about it. A google search should hopefully produce more info. This Uniwiki link gives a little info about FOB’s.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Forward_Operating_Base

1 Like

If the hauler sees you on grid with negative standings, it spawns a defense spawn regardless whether you shoot it or not.

REDNES

3 Likes

I’m trying to avoid the double spawn. I can’t tank it.

I’ve been able to find Blood Raider Ventures (Blue) in the belt but not a hauler so far.

I think I need to spend more time hunting the hauler BEFORE I start shooting the FOB.

This seems to be right.

Please start posting here: ♦ Still Need Help Figuring Out How to Survive Bashing FOB's

Just trying to consolidate two threads with the same subject.

1 Like

Lots of good information. Thanks!!!

Sorry, I edited my last post after I noticed the fitting.

I did mean the Myrmidon.

Lots of good information. Thanks!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.