Constant Disconnections From Live Server

I suffer from those daily disconnects myself. And I did some research. My conclusion is the following:

Lara Agnon <-> ISP  **OK**, perfect connection, result = "I have no issues, it must be CCP"
Tranquility <-> Cloudflare **OK**, perfect connection, result = "It's a client issue"
Cloudflare -> ISP "Here is game data, deal with it"
ISP -> Cloudflare "Give more moneys, otherwise wo don't want your f*** traffic"

So, the actual problem we are suffering is that major players in Internet backbone connectivity do not care a bit about you as a customer of your isp or ccp as a customer of cloudflare. They only care about money. They need to provide internet connectivity but no one can force them to provide good internet connectivity

So what can you do?

1. Buy a VPN. Could help, especially when routes from your provider to cloudflare are flapping. Everytime a route changes the game does disconnect. If you buy a vpn, companies can even more monetize on you (Bad for communists, but who wants to be a communist anyway).
  2. Use a different internet provider. The problem is, how can you find out which one has a good cloudflare connectivity?
  3. Tell your ISP you will cancel the contract if they don’t provide better connectivity. I bet they have a whole wall dedicated to printed copies of email complaints from customers like you where they go reading for a good laugh.
  4. Stop playing Eve or using other cloudflare services

What can CCP do?

1. Change DDoS Protection provider to someone with better connectivity
  2. Tell Cloudflare to get better connectivity to their services
  3. Make changes to the game’s networking code that makes it more resilient to connectivity changes (As the code is probably 20 years old and no developer from that time still works at ccp, there will be no one left with the guts it takes to make changes that could break the game completely)
  4. Give a f***

What can your ISP do?

1. Lose money by providing better connectivity
  2. Charge you extra for a monthly Clouflare+ premium fee
  3. Give a f***

What can Cloudflare do?

1. Pay.
  2. Give a f***
1 Like