Constantly Disconnects "The Socket is closed"

Hello… today in the morning the problem was still there… now after the downtime all seems to work fine… mistery of the faith… let’s see if it holds working :slight_smile:

2 Likes

for me is too exactly 60 minutes

1 Like

Same here, before DT crap after exellent.

Still the support jerk claims they have done nothing :man_technologist:.
Well atleast l can play 4 days from now on until next Friday.

Coz no one knows what Ccp will do in the DT upcoming Friday :eyes:.

Whistle a tune :nail_care:

Cheers
/pn

2 Likes

Still having the problem after the downtime?

Stable connection again after downtime Monday, will have to wait and see if its back Friday though

2 Likes

Can’t say for sure. I reset my router too. I called my ISP they found nothing, but said i should reset the router just to be sure. Was after the DT though. Since then stable. Let’s see. The other day i had 5 days in a row were it worked fine, then it broke again. I am careful.

Two disconnects today, one while I was AFK, the other just now with me sitting in front of the screen and running network diagnostics with complete “green” result … still the client window closed the socks. Probably I did recognize the connection loss of the client too late (refresh market with no result, then immediately started net diag) to “rescue” the connection.

I’m getting a bunch of disconnects as well. It started about a week and a half ago. I’ve reset my router a couple times, which doesn’t seem to help. No other network based applications seem to be effected. I’m not connecting via wireless and I’ve got a pretty stable gigabit (or so advertised - it’s still pretty darn fast) fiber optic connection. I have no clue what it could be. Everything else is running like a well oiled machine.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I get disconnected all the time, in the last few days. Sometimes it seems alright, but when it first starts to disconnect I might as well close the game, because it keeps disconnecting again and again within 10 to 30 minutes. Yesterday I lost my Orca because of this… And everytime it’s the same message “The socket is closed”.

EVERYTHING else on my PC and network works fine. Eve Online is the ONLY problem. Now it is so unplayable that I’ll just have to wait and see if the problem gets fixed, before I keep playing. If they cant fix it, I regret to say that my Eve-days will end soon…

2 Likes

To be honest. This sounds not exactly like the problem we have. We can be online with more than one character but only one disconnects and its exactly every 60 mins.

I tried once more… And less that 10 minutes later it disconnected me again. But this time I had been in the SETTINGS in the Eve Online Launcher, and activated RUN CLIENT WITH LOGGING.

I dont understand everyting in this log but here is a small part of it:

Reported from: stdlogutils
EXCEPTION END
warning 2017-08-16T00:28:02 9840 C:\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe OJSPC GPS socket Closing connection to 87.237.34.200:26000: {‘reasonCode’: None, ‘reason’: u’The socket was closed’, ‘exception’: error(10054, ‘En eksisterende tilkobling ble tvangslukket av den eksterne verten’), ‘reasonArgs’: {}}
error 2017-08-16T00:28:02 9840 C:\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe OJSPC carbon common.script.net.SocketGPS EXCEPTION #5 logged at 16/08/17 00:28:02 : Socket closed with Exception

The part in BOLD letters is in Norwegian, and says: “An existing connection was forced to close by the external host

In my mind that means the connetion was closed from the SERVER side. Has anyone else used the logging feature, and is there anyone here who REALLY understand what this log says?

Just had a socket close. Yay

I am stable since 2 days now… I reset my router to factory setting not sure if this helped i had 5 stable days a week ago too

1 Like

I have now filed a official bug report to CCP, and included yesterdays complete error-log, witch is several hundred lines in total…

I just hope the can give an answer what is wrong(and fix it), because the game is totaly unplayable as it is now. Today I got “The socket is lost” 5-6 times in under three hours. Longest playtime was 47 minutes, and shortest was 7-10 minutes.

Good luck. I have posted bug report and ticket and got no answer since 3 days

Interesting, will give the log a try in the coming days, today evening I have a fleet appointment (and so far no unusual discos when actively playing).

Is reset like you power cycled it? (Unplugged power cord from the wall and plugged it back in?) Or did you call 1-800-COMCAST and have to talk to the machine until you navigate her labyrinth of questions until you get to the reset signal thing

I called my ISP they reset it for me, but i could have done this also by myself. I can reset it to factory settings on the router overview

1 Like

After yesterdays update I have not have one disconnection… yet… Lets hope they have fixed the problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since downtime today, unable to log any character , I can see the Dscan , overview, and different windows opened in the background but “Connection Lost " " socket has closed”. Was fine before DT.