Cormorants and Jackals

Browsing through a ladies’ magazine I noticed this advertisement. Mr. Flavours, did you team up with Divinity Social? It makes sense as the torrid romance very much fits in their current marketing theme.

2 Likes

Oh? Might it start with a “P” and like all things in three?

Claiming to be a poor nobody, you’ve hit the proverbial nail on the head. But it wasn’t trash talk or slander that I was spinning. Although it seems Turncoat Adams has seen it that way (Yes you heard! T-U-R-N-C-O-A-T!)

This is beautiful but alas no we hadn’t. I would of loved to work on something collaboratively with them as their products and production value is exquisite.

But as it stands (I know you will all be sad to hear this) but #MantelSaharaYC123 might be cancelled. I’ve found some legal aid who has been happy to help resolve this but it’s clear by the cards that the dishonourable Commander has displayed this won’t end nicely.

On a side note due to losing all my merchandise and means to make isk, I have setup a FundmeGo™ page for all those willing to donate to this ongoing legal battle.

As natural as they come,

Julian ‘Eddie’ Flavours

4 Likes

I have a lot of respect for Commander Adams, that assessment is still pending for Miss Sahara. That being said, I was quite surprised to learn that Adams was looking to silence you. Something the State would do in a heart beat.

Perhaps one can leave the State but the State doesn’t leave you?

Joking aside, anyone who knows you Adams, knows that what Mr. Flavours is publishing about you is utter rubbish. Your reputation speaks for itself, and if they are influenced by a tabloid, then they are people that you probably don’t want to associate with anyway.

And, to preempt Miss Kim. It’s prudent to have a healthy respect for your enemy. Lest one becomes complacent.

4 Likes

The rights of the individual enshrined at the very core of the Federation’s legal apparatus are critical to maintaining a healthy, transparent and vibrant Union. The right of a journalist to cross-examine and question those that are charged through public consent to lead us, the right of the disaffected to raise their grievances to the highest echelons without fear of unjust retribution by a government authority, the right of the individual to profess their beliefs without fear of persecution.

This right, along with the others, enables the Federation to be what it is: a bastion of the spirit of mankind as well as its inexorable guardian from those that would see those rights trampled in the name of their deity or in the name of security.

That said, those rights that we hold dear do not empower another to harm another, or bring another into disrepute without the necessary evidence and substance to support those allegations. Mr. Flavours may have the right to freedom of speech, but I also have the right to dignity, in which I will not have my reputation dragged through the proverbial mud.

That’s just it - not everyone does know me. The Federation is a vast nation of nations with trillions of citizens. Why would I want people to think that I am romantically involved with a Kybernaut that contributed to one of the greatest calamities in the Federation’s history and has caused innumerable amounts of pain for my fellow citizens?

I do not. And I am going through means to seek redress in which I would be expected to as an aggrieved party - through the halls of justice, rather than that the end of a gun as may be commonplace in other areas of New Eden. I will put things right and I will trust the system will see to that.

8 Likes

That would imply that every citizen reads Flavours tabloid, which I’m sure would delight him. But in reality I suspect that a tiny fraction actually does.

This is fascinating, and a rather inspiring way to handle things. And to your earlier point, I agree that you do have dignity to uphold. The fun has run it’s course and this continued “ship” does need to end. For the sake of everyone involved.

Sorry Mr. Flavours, but I’m sure the universe won’t disappoint with new saucy material.

3 Likes

I will give Commander Eddie his due, this type of speech is the very reason why so many love him (Including myself still) and so many voted him for a second term to represent as Mr. Federation. So of course who else would be able to champion Love more so than him? Who else would be able to normalise relations with the Collective? I see that Edencom have already been following his lead in our lovely @Ret_Gloriaxx news report - Amarr Empire Celebrates Foundation Day YC123
I’ve highlighted it for those that like pictures :wink:

But I have been advised to say no comment to everything else so not to put myself, the Commander and/or Executive Kybernaut Jackal (apparently) in more trouble.

3 Likes

For enemy, it is possible.
For the most dishonorable treasonous disgrace? That’s disgusting and amoral.

1 Like

There’s only one way to settle this. Mud. Grand Arena. Safety mud etc.

1 Like

A trillion ISK idea! I love it!

It has come to my attention that the Cormorant and the Jackal have been flying alongside each other: Maelstrom | TonyofPR | Killmail | zKillboard

8 Likes

Oh, that is hilarious.

@Julian_Flavours, was this your doing? Clever man!

God, I wish I’d been out flying yesterday. Sadly, the enormous volume of completed Accounts Payable authorizations on my desk suggests I spent the evening otherwise engaged.

2 Likes

Oh my fair Queen of Space Hell, I am bound by a Federal gag till the legality of this whole misunderstanding is resolved.

Fortunately I wasn’t lying when I said I had friends who are fans. They aren’t into the whole gag thing but I’ll say no more on it.

NO COMMENT :wink:

Considering impersonating another capsuleer is the kind of thing CONCORD permanently revokes licenses over, good call.

1 Like

Am I to take from this that even verified Killmails posted on boards may not be what they seem?

1 Like

The most popular killboard, zKillboard, is operated as a labor of love by Squizz Caphinator. Squizz is not only a dear friend of mine, but also one of our finest kybernauts in Stribog Clade. He is a man of outstanding honor and integrity–a reputation he enjoyed long before he answered Zorya Triglav’s call. Moreover, as he told me just today (in reference to a different inquiry), his service depends entirely upon data that capsuleers provide to him willingly, and that he deliberately cannot tamper with nor generate at his end.

Whatever the origin of the data, it had to come from some outside source.

2 Likes

But you’re stating the data is false?

2 Likes

Just as a thought if the killmail is anomalous it might be the result of running into two small squads in succession, escaping one only to get picked off by the other.

1 Like

Jackal’s comment indicated she did not undock at the time.

2 Likes

Ah. Hm. Considering the source, in context I’m inclined to believe it.

That is strange.

1 Like

My friends and fans the embargo has been lifted! Rejoice for I am free from the horrible hands that Federal Bureaucracy had around my neck!

But today is not all roses and sunshine. It’s with great sorrow that I am announcing that I will be stepping down as CEO and Fan club chairman of Cormorants and Jackals.

"But why Mr. Flavours? The fans love you and all the hard work you’ve put in?" I hear you ask. Well the main reason(1) is that I heard last night the Queen of Space Hell married her Prince of Darkness. Congratulations to both @Sahara_Jackal and @Kranacoi_Halvora I guess it’s officially confirmed than Team Lion did win out in the in end. Seeing as the fan club did its job in fanning the flame of love, I see no reason to continue it.

"What will you do next Mr. Flavours? Your work was inspirational, we can’t live with out it!" Another good question and fear not! This is not the end of my story. I shall ensure the spice flows throughout this bland cluster, so that you can get a taste of Julian Flavours.

As natural as they come,

Julian ‘Eddie’ Flavours

P.S. Quafe™ just released a new Apple flavour. I am doing a a discount code to get 0.1% off. See below for details.
Quafe Apple

(1) I’m not legally allowed to.

7 Likes