Cost of ME-Te and Process Time Value (PTV)

Hi, I am trying out ME-TE research the overall cost is related to the PTV that ccp somehow works out.
What is PTV and why does vary so much.
The PTV for ME $200 mil and $200 mil PTV TE for a BPO I am researching , this is 10x the cost of the sale value of the fully researched BPO $40 mil.
So I am paying tax on $400 mil for a $50 mil BPO.
How can I lower PTV to reduce tax ?

Job cost is based on the system cost index. The idea here is to encourage people to spread out rather than have all industry concentrated in a few systems.

The more activity - the higher the SCI. You can see the cost index for the activity you are interested in using the facilities tab of the industry tool or https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/blueprint/costindex.php

There is also a tax on the job cost - 10% flat rate at NPC stations. Whatever the owner wants to charge at player owned structures.

Hi, thanks for reply but I am not talking about the system cost index of about 3% tax, I am talking about the PTV that the tax is levied on.
This PTV is $400 mil (200 ME & 200 TE) and tax is 3% so total job cost is $12 mil on a fully researched BPO that sells for $40 mil.

You can reduce the process time value by reducing the process time. The base is a constant set by CCP, skills, implants and structure bonuses will reduce it. Look for an Engineering Complex with ME and TE research optimization rigs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.