Creating a 3D map of EVE - Raw Data?

I’m trying to recreate a 3D map of the EVE universe similar to the in game map, but for the web browser. I was able to find the static data of eve which contains the xyz location of each constellation, but not how any of the constellations were connected. There was another static data dump I found which contained a database containing constellation and region jumps, so I guess I can parse through both of these in order to create the graph of the map.

My question is if there is a better way to do this? Maybe some open source resource I can use that has already created a 3D map that I can just use the raw xyz values and the regions/constellations it’s connected to? I would like to prototype this as fast as possible, and I don’t know if there’s an easier way I’m not seeing.

https://www.fuzzwork.co.uk/dump/latest/mapConstellationJumps.csv.bz2

(It’s generated from the official SDE. This is just a dump of a DB table, if you’d prefer to work from one of those. mysql, sqlite, postgres and ms sql)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.