Eve Online is chronically short of conflict drivers and something like this is an obvious way to not only give something to fight over, but also force them to put something into space they have to defend. Have a one-per-constellation module that can be fit to an Upwell structure that provides a benefit only to the owning group address this. However, I wouldn’t make it so limited:
- The modules can be used in any constellation in Empire space
- There are a whole range of these modules that buff all sorts of activities: mining, missioning, ratting, industry, trading, bounty hunting, maybe loot drops? etc. There probably needs to be some thought and nuance around how these all work - like maybe the one that influences industry does it by allowing access to a new Teams system or something.
- I think the bonus should probably be limited to only the corp (not the alliance) and the bonus/reward go directly to the player doing the action, not to the corp treasury to keep the feature rewarding membership and activity and not just a tax to collect for the leaders of the organization.
- Knowledge of which group claimed the bonus is public as is the location of the Upwell structure.
- To keep this balanced, the bonus would have to be small of course.
Be providing a bonus that only rewards activity and can only be claimed by corp members, you disincentivize large groups from running around claiming these bonuses that they can’t use. Sure, they will likely try to set up some racket or renting scheme, but that is game play. There is no prize to be had by just holding the bonus.
There is a lot of potential here to drive game play.