I disagree.
Since you ask for opinions, I just going to offer mine. It’s a pretty well set opinion, so I’m not really looking to debate. So, no need to respond.
I really disagree with everything you’ve written.
Personally, I’d remove Concord entirely.
I think the changes you are suggesting would gut the anti-ganker movement.
I really feel this game should allow players to enact retribution as they see fit.
CCP talks about giving players “agency”, but the changes they put into place take away this “agency”. Pilots can no longer remote rep a freighter to even try and save it. Concord arrives too fast for a counter-ganker to even attempt to solo stop a criminal, so they end up, at best, giving an “assist” to Concord.
Due to Concord’s heavy hand currently, there is no compelling reason for a competitive anti-crime organization to rise in highsec. Concord always gets there first. This in my opinion is a problem. It stiffles player creativity, and stops, in their tracks, players who might like to explore this avenue in game.
Players who might like to play as the hero…to actually save ships, under hostile attack, never get the chance to experience that because Concord gets there first.
There used to be an old EVE trailer with a story along the lines of a character saving a ship under attack. There was a whole narrative. It was advertising an EVE where it was possible, if you wanted to be the hero, to change another player’s game experience in a positive way…you could stop the pirates, chase them off, blow them up.
You could be the hero.
But, now Concord always gets there first.
Our hero is relegated, at best, to the sidekick, johnny come lately role.
I know some reading this are thinking “who would control newbie griefing”? Well, I’d leave CCP’s regs in place regarding griefing new players, and let “hero” players take care of the rest.
Yes, people on these forums debate “rookie griefing” in starter systems, and yes, it does happen, and yes, there are players, experienced players in at least some of the starter systems doing their best to stop that. They report griefers, challenge griefers, and inform new players of what’s going on…but, no one ever talks about them.
And those guys are heros. I see them alot. Hand holding. So, the hero player is out there, right now, and in my opinion Concord is standing in their way.
Cause Concord always gets there first. I think removing Concord would change this game in astonishing ways, and allow player creativity to blossom.
My two cents, take it or leave it. You won’t change my mind.