Criminal Standing changes

Smart players already have options now…you just don’t see.

They really don’t. Currently there is one option to deter suicide ganking: keeping your ISK per EHP ratio below the profitable level. This is an effective tool but it’s also a boring tool because it reduces suicide ganking to a yes or no question with no room for skill from either side. You either play smart and can’t be suicide ganked or you get greedy and once you’re identified as a target you automatically die. Increasing defensive options while simultaneously increasing CONCORD time allows for more strategy beyond “what your ISK per EHP”. And, in fact, CONCORD response time could be increased more than the increase in defense so that more ships become potential gank targets.

Fly a Skiff or a Proc…tank it a bit and you will be fine. Align and don’t AFK. Done.

it reduces suicide ganking to a yes or no question

That’s because that IS what ganking is. Is that an easy target? No then more on the the next…YES, gank it. You are trying to make this WAY more complex than it is.

No matter what you do, you will have a spectrum of player. The greedy dumb ones that ignore tank and fly a Cov to those that fly tanked Skiffs. Your suggestion just expands that spectrum but at the end of the day, it is still a yes no question for the ganker and either you will go boom or you will not.

JFC you’re missing the point. The issue is not that there are no counters, it’s that the counters are all boring. Fly X, not Y, if you do it’s 100% effective if you get greedy and don’t you automatically die once you’re chosen as a target. The goal is to make suicide ganking involve more skill (on both sides) as the attack happens and be based less on binary ship selection choices.

That’s because that IS what ganking is. Is that an easy target? No then more on the the next…YES, gank it. You are trying to make this WAY more complex than it is.

Exactly! I’m trying to make it more complex because the current state is boring as hell. You calculate the target’s ISK per HP, if it’s over the limit you automatically gank it successfully and if it’s under the limit you can’t gank it profitably. There is no interesting play vs. counter-play, only the target choosing how much value to undock with.

Your suggestion just expands that spectrum but at the end of the day, it is still a yes no question for the ganker and either you will go boom or you will not.

Except that’s not true at all. Increasing defense while increasing CONCORD delay to match means more time for outside factors to be relevant. For example, how sure is the ganker that the target doesn’t have a cloaked Falcon alt standing by to disrupt the attack? Now it’s not a terribly relevant question because you kill the target before the Falcon could respond, but if it takes 1-2 minutes to execute the gank you have to consider these things.

it’s that the counters are all boring

Then don’t do it! Your trying to make a simple mindless activity into something it’s not. It’s like saying “hey I know tying your shoes isn’t interesting but how about we doing it while balancing over a pit of alligators”

I don’t get it at all. Also, your suggestion would also have to apply to every other ship that might be ganked too as they would be next inline asking for this buff…which wont happen.

Yes, exactly. I’m trying to make a simple mindless activity into something not mindless. I have no idea why you think that it being simple and mindless is a virtue that must be preserved.

It’s not a virtue…it’s reality. YOU are the one trying to change it something it should already be if you are doing it right. You can walk the fine line of tank/ore and you may or may not survive a gank.

In and 0.5 system the target needs to survive 21 seconds…so you want that boosted to what. say 40? Would a minute be better? If that’s not exciting enough why not 2 minutes of madness…that would be exciting!

Why would it be harder to kill a 20M barge than a BS? it’s absurdity all in the name of “I’m board, entertain me more please”.

We totally disagree on this and there is no point if going on…

As the time goes up the number of ships needed vs a buffer tanked ship go down.
As the number of ships goes down the effectiveness of active tank goes up, especially when combined with longer time.
As the time goes up the chance of someone else interfering goes up.
As the time goes up the gankers tank also matters more because they have to survive the whole time to apply their dps.
This gets magnified if all industrials have some kind of real self defence.

This changes it from a pretty linear equation to one with a whole list of variables, while still resulting in the afk idiot with an untanked ship going boom easily. Probably even easier than he does now.

OP hasn’t produced a single intelligent thought so far.
He’s a walking hateboner for suicide ganking.

I wonder how many people in here actually have even a week of experience in what this topic is about. Glad I have a whole TEN fingers on both hands combined, probably covering them all. :blush:

So glad none of you ever get to have a say in anything. :slight_smile:

In case you’re actually wondering, have you thought about what kind of mentally deranged nutjob this guy has to be for having such a continuous hateboner for everything PvP in highsec?

Have you thought about what it tells about him when he constantly lies through his teeth, without ever actually backing up anything he claims he’s doing, or saying?

Hint: He’s not a good person.

:blush:

facpol starts in 1.0 systems at -2. 0.5 at -4.5.

Lol. Yes. That’s correct.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.