Criminal vs law enforcement?

A gank a day keeps the doctor away.

i think the conversation is less about ganking but rather people joining a PVP game and then complain they get attacked but refuse to take simple precausions. to avoid the problem they are having

i know i guy he has been mining in eve for years and has not been ganked in the last 1-2 years he does not seem to have a gank problem… strange…

1 Like

You lot mistake my feelings. I don’t have a problem with ganking.

Are you pretending theyre replying to you because you are lonely or dont realise that you are being notified when the thread is replied to in general and think its to you?

Why would it get old , new things happen, new groups appear as well as new players .

You don’t have to read them you know

2 Likes

Fighting gankers in hisec is not easy. It can be done if you get organized and strike at the weakest link - which is the structures they use to reship etc. In hisec that will require a wardec - hence a corp of your own with at least a pos tower.
The ganking groups I scouted out were using small towers to stay safe from concord (concord doesn’t shoot through the pos shield) for the duration of their flags in the same system, and used non-related structures to re-ship (meaning these structures belong to an other corp/alliance than the gankers are in), as soon as their flags expired.
In this particular case the latter structure would be your target, after you wardec the structure owners (in this case not the gankers). Killing the structure would seriously hamper their operation and tilt the risk/reward balance.
It’s an isk war. Unless you belong to a well organized group with the willingness to fight and disrupt the gankers’ operation and income stream, there’s not much you can do as solo or small group player, bar a few kills of opportunity and kb padding.

2 Likes

As a small group fighting criminals in high sec I partly agree with what your saying but we can be effective , we stop many of the small alpha strike one shot gankers , KR are very effective.

In the past these small and solo players come together and one particular weekend we stopped 3 Kusion ganks in a row and also stopped the Goddess fleet with regularity.

Your way would work but that doesn’t mean what we do is pointless, the more that do it the better.
There are always ways around things and now Uedama ganks have been growing again so now is the time for anti-gankers to return to Uedama and stop them again .

3 Likes

It’s a laudable initiative, showing that at least some hisec folks have a backbone and a will to fight. That in itself makes your initiative not pointless, quite the contrary. I was merely pointing out what is, in my opinion, a more permanent remedy for some of the opportunistic newer ganking groups (I consider Kusion a master at what he does, and part of EvE folklore).

Odin and Ohide seem to have quietened down, perhaps it’s the same groups who have now moved further on the same hisec trade route towards Derelik (and on to Jita), in Gheth and Mehatoor.

If you like an extra pair of guns or eyes send me an ingame mail with requirements.

1 Like

hmmmm not sure if trolling. so they are ganking folk within a pos shield and concord wont enter the shield. Are you really sure about that ?

They don’t gank from inside the shield, that’s not what I implied. It’s after the gank, and being killed by concord that they move to a tower to stay safe. 20-ish red skulls inside a pos shield and concord EDIT: navy ships (ty to the people pointing out the error) all around it ? Then when the flag expires seeing them zoom off to a structure nearby and reship ? A possible explanation is that crossing the pos shield is not prevented by the criminal flag, in contrast with docking ?

1 Like

that would be the police not concord , unless for some reason they were pulling from the pos which i guess is entirely possible but a station or citadel would probably be easier

Yes will do , we have USA members too so if your not my time zone still people around

“Effective” just means you reach your target goal. IOW, you can be effective just because you set the bar low enough. :woman_shrugging:

You sure you talking about concord or the navy. After a criminal act, you wont be able to warp/dock/tether until concord has destroyed you at which point they lose all interest. A structure will only save you from the navy

Found this that someone posted

Finally some evidence of a problem with ganking.
…Oh wait!

1 Like

Probably navy, as was already remarked. The pos serves as an assembly point for the duration of the criminal flag, right ?

Wrong.
Criminal flag = cannot jump, cannot warp, cannot board/unboard, concord destroy the ship.
Not dying to concord because a criminal flag is a bannable offense.

more info

It’s after they’ve been CONCORDed, They then fly to the POS in their capsule and wait inside the shield for the timer:

1 Like