Criminal vs law enforcement?

yes, but they cannot board a new ship until the timer expires. Need to wait in the capsule.
And if for some reason* you are invulnerable in a ship while in highsec space you get concordukkened the moment invulerability drops, even if the criminal flag expired at that moment

*jumping from lowsec

I’d like to make the point also that the freighter was very low in hull, that means every single rep , round or jam helped save that ship, thats why we should try

3 Likes

Yep, that’s correct. A POS is just protecting from other players really. But can’t board a ship in space with a criminal timer (not since hyperdunking changes in 2015).

And not a single one alone.

Freighters make pretty explosions.

1 Like

What is stopping you?
Yes right now other capsuleers are laughing at you if you start larping as a space cop.
But

If you could pull it off, if you could organise other players to help you, you could be an absolute space badass.

But you wont, because that is work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you for keeping eve balanced , not a players job but we do it.

I think a really simple balance for ganking is to remove negative security status for combat in low sec (so you can only get negative status for high sec combat) and then anything below 0.0 is perma-flashy.
If you go criminal you have to repay your debt to society or Concorde won’t protect you. Makes repeat ganking a committed choice and allows for people to protect themselves before they’ve been alpha’d off grid.

Easy fix:

Remove CONCORD

3 Likes

And remove the need for gankers to commit a criminal action before we can act without repercussions
The merest thought of wrong-doing should be enough to turn them suspect…

Pre-emptive justice is the way forward,

2 Likes

I could care less. I don’t fret about getting ganked

And ck yeah I will. Rp a cop I have nearly every skin that has red and blue flashing lights

Weewoo weewoo

But at the same time

I think ganking is an important part of the game. As a Longevity standpoint

And your wrong I have Years ago. I worked with a few people years ago where we would suicide gank gankers on their way to their targets

I would be fun to earn a rank with your factional police

1 Like

That would remove all new player experience

Nope.

See I can talk in ridiculous absolutes without any real counter argument too.

1 Like

Glad you agree.

I would say even in a hypothetical law enforcement system if you Sign up a as. Law enforcement Deputy(respective Space no allied faction’s space)

Criminal players could attack you without concord showing up. Only factional police to add more senseless PvP in high sec Being -1.5 and lower could be attacked by player police In the grand scheme of things nothing changes as far as ganking

Except players who Gank have to pay a tiny bit more attention

But are able to ganking Hill New subset of players except without consequence

Can’t handle being a police officer then quit (it’s far-fetched yes

For example I see a group of five people who are registered law enforcement in udama
What would. Happen They would get their faces. Blown off. And who’s the say you can’t be a dirty cop. There is people who fly around in freighters and have a bad security status. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’ve never said anything absolute this entire thread is theoretical. Getting rid of Concord is a terrible idea getting rid of ganking or even weakening it is a terrible idea those are the two absolutes.

1 Like

Saying its a terrible idea but not saying why is a ridiculous absolute.

Fight Crime:
Shoot back!

2 Likes

There… thats more like it…

1 Like

Not if we find them 1st or they mess up and go flashy in a freighters. To hear the new players delight at shooting such a big ship is great

1 Like